2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

In the current climate, I think we need a custom Stebel horn that sounds like a giant wet cough. 😂

Hahaha! Yes! And I'm looking at a Stebel TM80/02 set... hmm...

That being said, I really feel that having a loud horn should not be seen as being obnoxious. Given the quality (or lack thereof) of drivers on our roads, it is more to save ourselves than anything else. 

Edited by iamahbee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, iamahbee said:

Hahaha! Yes! And I'm looking at a Stebel TM80/02 set... hmm...

That being said, I really feel that having a loud horn should not be seen as being obnoxious. Given the quality (or lack thereof) of drivers on our roads, it is more to save ourselves than anything else. 

I agree with you... many drivers don't keep to their lanes, take out without signaling, don't move when the lights turn green cos they're fiddling with their mobile phones, etc... 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Has anyone compared Hyundai i30 vs SEAT Leon?

Perhaps a poll on which will you choose? Price point pretty similar.

As of 09Mar, i30 at 89999, Leon at 91999.

Edited by Junyanyap

52 minutes ago, Junyanyap said:

Has anyone compared Hyundai i30 vs SEAT Leon?

Perhaps a poll on which will you choose? Price point pretty similar.

As of 09Mar, i30 at 89999, Leon at 91999.

I have. When I was informed that the i30 estate was no longer available, I had a look at the Leon Sports Tourer and also checked out the hatchback. 

At 91999, it's the lower specced 1.0TSI version of the Leon. Notable features the i30 had over the Leon were LED headlights and Electric driver's seat. The i30's 1.4 engine was much smoother and imo more driveable than the Leon's 1.0 3 pot. 

However, the Leon had a slightly more commodious rear bench and it's exterior design arguably more stylish. Handling was also sharper and the steering had that bit more feel, although a short test drive probably wasn't a good barometer of that. Build quality of the two were on par though.

Coming from a VW Golf, I just didn't want to go for the "same car", and if I wanted to my choice would be the Skoda Octavia 1.4 (the missus hated the looks so it wasn't even a contender to begin with, shame). 

Other factors considered included local AD's track record (though there are tons of VAG workshops out there to mitigate that), and overall value for money. Hence, the i30 was an easy choice for me. 

• Praise 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Isn't there a new Leon launched recently? That would make the SG Leon obsolete, just like the Octavia.

I think seat cars you gotta drive for full 10 years of brand new, gonna be hard to sell off in the future due to the seat branding. 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Isn't there a new Leon launched recently? That would make the SG Leon obsolete, just like the Octavia.

It's cos they sell the old model that you can get at a low price comparable to Korean car prices. New model won't be priced so low lor...

2 hours ago, Junyanyap said:

Hi all, how's the average servicing cost for i30 at Komoco and outside workshop?

Svcing for the i30 is like  typical Korean B&B cars. When u purchase the car from Komoco, it probably comes with a 1st yr or more free svcing pkg. As for workshops outside, if u want to save, purchase yr own engine oil, oil filter ($6) and set aside $30 for labour. 

Edited by Dinkydong

On 3/15/2020 at 12:22 PM, Spurman said:

The interior of Leon ermm too blackish.  

Hyundai is a much bigger brand name afterall to seat. 

But Seat is Spanish hor... and got VW DNA hor... Hyundai how to fight? Hahaha... although I would choose the i30 hands down... more value for money...

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

But Seat is Spanish hor... and got VW DNA hor... Hyundai how to fight? Hahaha... although I would choose the i30 hands down... more value for money...

Actually, the i30 was designed for the European market to compete against the Golf. And since the Leon is essentially a restyled Golf, it's a competitor to the i30.

However, due to poor sales tactic by Seat AD, they compete solely on price so they strip out everything from the Leon before selling it. So it's quite basic when compared to the i30 trim that Komoco brings in.

Last time Leon used to have full spec trim available, but withdrawn due to poor sales.

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Lol. I like to say i30 is conti car too. Heh. Cos Czech Republic made. 😛 so can fight. Hahaha

Supercharged
3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Branding mah.  Haha. 

Just like Malaysian shun vw cars like plague last few yrs.  Tiguan cheaper than cx5. Passat cheaper than Camry.  Accord..

Anyway put stickers aside.  I30 does looks better.  Interior more nice also.  Hehe. 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Ceecookie said:

Actually, the i30 was designed for the European market to compete against the Golf. And since the Leon is essentially a restyled Golf, it's a competitor to the i30.

However, due to poor sales tactic by Seat AD, they compete solely on price so they strip out everything from the Leon before selling it. So it's quite basic when compared to the i30 trim that Komoco brings in.

Last time Leon used to have full spec trim available, but withdrawn due to poor sales.

Machiam like avante being strip down in Singapore in interior looks.  Hehe.  The Leon interior looks like avante interior.  Too blackish. 

17 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Wah... that's pretty dumb... but with full specs like the Golf, the price too high leh...

↡ Advertisement