2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

15 hours ago, Spurman said:

Machiam like avante being strip down in Singapore in interior looks.  Hehe.  The Leon interior looks like avante interior.  Too blackish. 

Oh... I haven't had a chance to sit inside a Seat Leon yet... but I do see a few on the road... outside design looks good...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. I am very new to this thread. I have just own the I30 (2018) and therefore would like to know learn lots from you guys over here. Aniway, i was browsing for a body kit. Any lobang that can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Two full weeks into the i30 ownership. Approaching the 1k mark and time to book the oil change service. Overall it has been a pleasant journey so far. Here are some of my personal likes and dislikes about this car:

+ Chassis. I can see why there are so many rave reviews of the i30N. The chassis provides a very good base for the go-faster N sibling while striking a good balance between comfort and handling.

+ Value for money. This car is hard to beat at it's price point and equipment/performance levels.

+ Nondescript looks. While this may be a complaint for many (especially journalists and testers), I personally like the fact that this car is good looking without being too attention seeking (doesn't apply to the N though!).

- Steering feel. Shame then, with such a sharp chassis, the steering feels numb and lifeless.

- Slight ergonomic flaws. Never been a fan of these "tombstone" infotainment systems, and the right side air vent surround trim reflects off the side window onto the side mirror. 

- DCT. Coming from a DSG, Hyundai's DCT isn't as fast shifting as VW's. Maybe it is tuned this way to preserve the gearbox for longevity reasons. 

- Cheap boot floor. While Europeans get their i30 even in the most basic trim with the adjustable boot floor, we have a cheap and thin layer of carpet. All in the name of OMV reduction?

• Praise 4

18 hours ago, iamahbee said:

Two full weeks into the i30 ownership. Approaching the 1k mark and time to book the oil change service. Overall it has been a pleasant journey so far. Here are some of my personal likes and dislikes about this car:

+ Chassis. I can see why there are so many rave reviews of the i30N. The chassis provides a very good base for the go-faster N sibling while striking a good balance between comfort and handling.

+ Value for money. This car is hard to beat at it's price point and equipment/performance levels.

+ Nondescript looks. While this may be a complaint for many (especially journalists and testers), I personally like the fact that this car is good looking without being too attention seeking (doesn't apply to the N though!).

- Steering feel. Shame then, with such a sharp chassis, the steering feels numb and lifeless.

- Slight ergonomic flaws. Never been a fan of these "tombstone" infotainment systems, and the right side air vent surround trim reflects off the side window onto the side mirror. 

- DCT. Coming from a DSG, Hyundai's DCT isn't as fast shifting as VW's. Maybe it is tuned this way to preserve the gearbox for longevity reasons. 

- Cheap boot floor. While Europeans get their i30 even in the most basic trim with the adjustable boot floor, we have a cheap and thin layer of carpet. All in the name of OMV reduction?

Thanks! Nice short review... I like the wagon even better...

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Thanks! Nice short review... I like the wagon even better...

the wagon is 200kg heavier. thus probably upsets the chassis balance. 200kg is quite a bit of extra weight.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the wagon is 200kg heavier. thus probably upsets the chassis balance. 200kg is quite a bit of extra weight.

I have driven a Golf estate and the balance is a wee bit compromised compared to the Golf hatch. Could the extended rear overhang with all the extra weight aft the rear wheels also play a part in this? 

On 3/30/2020 at 5:49 PM, Mkl22 said:

Yeah I guess so... but looks more chio... and more practical also... love wagons... missed this time... hope I can afford another car in 10 years' time and it will be a wagon...

Interestingly (or disappointingly, depends on how you see it) the i30 doesn't have the TPMS that displays the individual tyre pressure values, whereas the Avante S with the smaller supervision cluster has it.

Anyway, I checked the cold air inflation pressure on the tyres this morning and the pump showed the front tyres to be 31psi, while the rear were 36 (!) psi. I adjusted all 4 to 33psi and went my way. 

Probably my mistake not to check the tyre pressures upon delivery since manufacturers might have overinflated them in preparation for transit. Maybe something to note.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/facelifted-hyundai-i30-entering-production-at-czech-plant-on-may-25/

The facelifted Hyundai i30 will enter production on May 25 at the carmaker’s plant in Nošovice, the Czech Republic.

For the mid-cycle makeover, the Hyundai i30 remains available in three body styles: Hatchback, Fastback and Wagon. All of them now feature an updated design, new technology, and new powertrains – including a new 48-volt mild hybrid option. In addition, the sporty-looking N Line trim will be available for the first time on the new i30 Wagon (it was previously offered on the Hatchback and Fastback only).

The engine lineup has been upgraded as well with a 48-volt mild-hybrid system offered for the entry-level 118 HP (120 PS) 1.0-liter T-GDI turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine as well as the 134 HP (136 PS) 1.6-liter diesel and 157 HP (159 PS) 1.5-liter T-GDI turbo-four petrol. All engines offer the choice of a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, iamahbee said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/facelifted-hyundai-i30-entering-production-at-czech-plant-on-may-25/

The facelifted Hyundai i30 will enter production on May 25 at the carmaker’s plant in Nošovice, the Czech Republic.

For the mid-cycle makeover, the Hyundai i30 remains available in three body styles: Hatchback, Fastback and Wagon. All of them now feature an updated design, new technology, and new powertrains – including a new 48-volt mild hybrid option. In addition, the sporty-looking N Line trim will be available for the first time on the new i30 Wagon (it was previously offered on the Hatchback and Fastback only).

The engine lineup has been upgraded as well with a 48-volt mild-hybrid system offered for the entry-level 118 HP (120 PS) 1.0-liter T-GDI turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine as well as the 134 HP (136 PS) 1.6-liter diesel and 157 HP (159 PS) 1.5-liter T-GDI turbo-four petrol. All engines offer the choice of a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch.

the 157 hp power is a combo of T-GDI output and the 48v hybrid motor ?

what does the torque number look like?

1 hour ago, shutterbox said:

the 157 hp power is a combo of T-GDI output and the 48v hybrid motor ?

what does the torque number look like?

From Hyundai's press room:

20200608_162853.jpg

20200608_162832.jpg

• Praise 3

With hybrid power plant, the car can result in ungainly response and wallow in corners like hippo unless it’s well taken care of

Twincharged
(edited)

Hope we don’t get the European rubbish specs. All just to meet euro emissions and add additional unnecessary things to spoil. Rubbish mild hybrid. 
still glad that the Japanese has not adopted those euro standards. 

Edited by Mkl22

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Hope we don’t get the European rubbish specs. All just to meet euro emissions and add additional unnecessary things to spoil. Rubbish mild hybrid. 
still glad that the Japanese has not adopted those euro standards. 

Mazda 3?

↡ Advertisement