2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Dear fellow owners, I have a question and hoping someone could help;

Our i30 comes without the auto-dipping side mirror when put in reverse. Anybody knows if this can be simply "activated" through programming, or does it require a whole change of mirror module (wiring, controller and the works)? 

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

On 10/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, iamahbee said:

Dear fellow owners, I have a question and hoping someone could help;

Our i30 comes without the auto-dipping side mirror when put in reverse. Anybody knows if this can be simply "activated" through programming, or does it require a whole change of mirror module (wiring, controller and the works)? 

Thanks!

You tried pushing the left/right selector switch for the wing mirror to either side and them engage reverse gear to see if the mirror will dip? I think all Hyundai cars are built with this leh... my Sonata and the Elantra will dip the wing mirror (both sides) when the selector switch is pushed to either the left or right position. Putting it in the centre will not cause the mirror to dip... I've been using it since I got my car in 2016...

Edited by teomingern

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

You tried pushing the left/right selector switch for the wing mirror to either side and them engage reverse gear to see if the mirror will dip? I think all Hyundai cars are built with this leh... my Sonata and the Elantra will dip the wing mirror (both sides) when the selector switch is pushed to either the left or right position. Putting it in the centre will not cause the mirror to dip... I've been using it since I got my car in 2016...

Tried and doesn't dip.

Hi guys ,

Im in the process to buy a 2nd hand i30 1.4t .

Its a 7.5years car but the mileage is about 78k .

Lady owner based on the warranty book in the glove compartment.

The interior is in pristine condition.

I just wondering if the 5years warranty is unlimited milesge by KMC .

I dunno if i shud call KMC to check on whethee previous owner did the ecu update regarding the gb 1-2 issue and regular servicing at kmc .

Looking at the high mileage for 2.5years car.i assume the water pump need to change?

On 10/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, Hreticfreakerz said:

Hi guys ,

Im in the process to buy a 2nd hand i30 1.4t .

Its a 7.5years car but the mileage is about 78k .

Lady owner based on the warranty book in the glove compartment.

The interior is in pristine condition.

I just wondering if the 5years warranty is unlimited milesge by KMC .

I dunno if i shud call KMC to check on whethee previous owner did the ecu update regarding the gb 1-2 issue and regular servicing at kmc .

Looking at the high mileage for 2.5years car.i assume the water pump need to change?

It's a 2.5 years old car or 7.5 years old car?

46 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

Hmm, torsion beam rear suspension instead of multi-link...

yea cost-cutting.

1.0T with VES B band though.

I remembered one local article mentioning how KahMotor did not bring in 1.0T cos will incur a VES surcharge that's why not in the new Honda City. 😅 

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

wah only 1000cc now.

It's really a city car now... good for short punts in city streets... I think Komoco may live to regret bringing in just the 1.0 turbo... see Ford & VW's experience in SG context...

This car is considered all new model right? Not a facelift?

How much is it going for? With full Hyundai Smart sense, it seems a complete package👍

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Spring said:

This car is considered all new model right? Not a facelift?

How much is it going for? With full Hyundai Smart sense, it seems a complete package👍

It's a facelift. The interior remains largely the same, save for a new 10.25in infotainment system and semi digital instrument cluster. It remains to be seen whether Komoco specs it for Singapore bound cars. 

I'm a little confused by the specs. Namely, the torsion beam rear suspension and the stated torque figure of 200Nm from 2000-3500rpm.

All European models come with independent rear suspension (multi-link), and the 1.0T produces 172Nm from 1500-4000rpm.

On the suspension, a bit of Googling indicated that the only variant that comes a torsion beam rear set up is Australian models, and only with the 2.0 NA engine. 

Lastly, given that the Venue and Avante are equipped with Smartsense, I suppose this will also be a feature in the facelifted i30. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, iamahbee said:

It's a facelift. The interior remains largely the same, save for a new 10.25in infotainment system and semi digital instrument cluster. It remains to be seen whether Komoco specs it for Singapore bound cars. 

I'm a little confused by the specs. Namely, the torsion beam rear suspension and the stated torque figure of 200Nm from 2000-3500rpm.

All European models come with independent rear suspension (multi-link), and the 1.0T produces 172Nm from 1500-4000rpm.

On the suspension, a bit of Googling indicated that the only variant that comes a torsion beam rear set up is Australian models, and only with the 2.0 NA engine. 

Lastly, given that the Venue and Avante are equipped with Smartsense, I suppose this will also be a feature in the facelifted i30. 

Tks for the info! Smartsense definitely hv. The other questions I can’t answer. Yes, strange that it’s torsion beam. Not sure if it’s a typo? But can’t be right or can it?

• Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Spring said:

Tks for the info! Smartsense definitely hv. The other questions I can’t answer. Yes, strange that it’s torsion beam. Not sure if it’s a typo? But can’t be right or can it?

Well, only one way to find out...

When I go down for my servicing next week, I will check it out. 😁

• Praise 2