2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

http://www.hyundaimotors.com.sg/images/i30-new/i30_brochure.pdf

New i30 brochure out on Hyundai SG website. 2 interesting notes.

1. Only 1.4L Turbo GDi engine (138bhp) offered, which places it in Cat B.

2. There's only 2 airbags.

Odd to see 2 airbags in the i30 given that Elantra has 6 across the trims.

Another cost cutting measure lar...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

sux

Would you pay $148,000 for this car with the same features plus 6 air bags? I think many would probably go for an entry level Audi or a Japanese executive sedan like a fully loaded Camry or even Accord.

If the brochure is what KMC brings, then it's really underspec.

i30 should at least come with a rear multi-link suspension.

According to the local brochure, it does come with rear multi-link suspension.

• Praise 3

Only the i20 and lower come with torsion beam suspension in the rear... if I recall correctly... cos the i series is developed exclusively for European taste... and road handling, and ride quality is paramount...

Twincharged

yay. a new manual car! in the form of the Kona.

i think a price of 95k for the 1.4T also bodes well for the i30N. maybe 20-30k more which places it around 115k-125k. woohoo!!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

i think a price of 95k for the 1.4T also bodes well for the i30N. maybe 20-30k more which places it around 115k-125k. woohoo!!

i think there is miscalculation, the VES difference will be 20k. so add maybe another 20k so should be around 130-135k

• Praise 1

Twincharged

The N performance label won't come cheap...

base i30N is roughly same price as Kona 1.6DCT in UK. and given that Kona 1.6DCT is 130k here. i30N will be a bit more so 135k seem right.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

I have to say I have never been excited about Hyundai cars but the Kona and the i30 with this sort of pricing does make it exciting for the market.

Hope they bring in the fastback version as well. Anyone know if these 2 cars are in for test drive?

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 1

base i30N is roughly same price as Kona 1.6DCT in UK. and given that Kona 1.6DCT is 130k here. i30N will be a bit more so 135k seem right.

Hmmm... that's like entry level for premium German badges... who would buy the Hyundai?

wah, Kona 1.0T  $88K & i30 1.4T  $95K. These are interesting offerings. They can help keep Komoco staff busy, while they wait for the Elantra band B engine.

anw, K car w/ the 1.0T has over taken the Japs, who don have such small turbo engines.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2