New car recalled under PI warranty

Superyandao

I have found this, anyone has the idea;

Personal experience base on 1 of my family car from parallel importers.Many PI & Used Car Reseller have warranty service under this "Optima Workz".

I stop going back to this work after 9mths and void the warranty all together after my brand new car was under recall list - suppose to be recall for replacement. Nothing was done after check up(no recall replacement of parts), stating it is okay - WTF. Went to PI and PI push back to workshop, after 3 mths of argument and ban table . I give up and end of the day, I ask my japan colleague to order a brand new part(base on recall stated new part number) and hand carry back from japan since I travel up there a few times a year for business.

My 2 cents base on so called PI Waranty is just bull shit.

When it comes to recall AD also act blur. I'm speaking from experience. I call up the AD and ask why wasn't I informed of the recall. They claimed that they had sent out letters to inform owners. All of which are BS. If I didn't check the LTA website the AD just di gong di siao and got away with it. The car was out of warranty but this recall involves the airbag which can kill. To the dealers all these recall issues are costly they couldn't care less about the owner. As to LTA such recall issues are too many and too tedious to enforce. I bet at the end of it they will tell you they do not have the manpower.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

buy PI conti ... no $30k saving no talk

with $30k saving ... then no risk no gain ... no complain

want cheap and good ... get PI Vezel

if sg workshop cannot help ... even JB got unlimited professional to fix Vezel/ HRV

I will not buy Merc/BMW from PI.

100% kenna carrot big time.

Despite the saving, only got half (or less) of the option sold by AD.

Please don't follow my bad oil changing habits.

Should always change oil regularly, at about 10,000km.  The labor cost is usually about $10/$20 if you don't want to crawl underneath yourself, which incidentally is much easier for a "high" vehicle like the Vezel.  Of course most mechanics will want you to buy oil and filter from them unless you can find a friendly one.

The parts market in Singapore is not developed because most people don't do things themselves. You can't just buy oil filters from Giant.  I get my original Honda/Toyota oil filters at about $6 each time from a parts supplier.

Perhaps with sufficient Vezel volume and critical mass, Giant might just stock oil filters for the Vezel.  Giant, are you listening?

I think the parts market is well developed as long as owner bother to find the respective part supplier.

For my 1st car (Nissan Sunny), i buy my own parts from Nissan parts shop along Serangoon road & get it serviced in backward of Mechanic home.  It was my 2nd cheapest car in terms of maintenance.

The best Toyota Plant is Tahara.  Sadly, no many Toyota produced from this plant nowadays.

Edited by Davidtch

When it comes to recall AD also act blur. I'm speaking from experience. I call up the AD and ask why wasn't I informed of the recall. They claimed that they had sent out letters to inform owners. All of which are BS. If I didn't check the LTA website the AD just di gong di siao and got away with it. The car was out of warranty but this recall involves the airbag which can kill. To the dealers all these recall issues are costly they couldn't care less about the owner. As to LTA such recall issues are too many and too tedious to enforce. I bet at the end of it they will tell you they do not have the manpower.

Sorry, enforcement of recall is a cost centre, not a revenue generator. LTA need to spend more manpower on COE and collecting ARF from dealers.

LTA collect coe, U paid for it. Its yr desire to purchase a car not LTA insisted.

If u choose to buy from wrong PI, blame yourself not others.

Register new nick juz to post dumb comments?

• Dislike 1

I will not buy Merc/BMW from PI.

100% kenna carrot big time.

Despite the saving, only got half (or less) of the option sold by AD.

agreed.

if buy conti from PI ... fcuk the warranty

so ... open eyes big big else sure kena fcked by PI

Edited by Wt_know

For my second-hand Toyota, BM did send letter to me about the airbag recall. Best part is, I did not return to BM for servicing nor updated my particulars with them.

PI Honda Vezel (Takada Airbags) recall affected bo?

This one can kill people… And i think no cheap...

https://www.lta.gov.sg/data/apps/news/press/2016/20160804_MediaStatement-Takata.pdf

check above to see if your car make/year is listed.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=ac0dd253-4bc3-475f-805e-25684ef551f3

News Releases

4 Aug 2016

Media Statement vehicle recall

1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has been working closely with motor dealers and vehicle manufacturers to facilitate the recall of vehicles affected by defective Takata airbags. Since the recalls were first initiated in Singapore in 2013, there have been a total of 43 recall exercises, involving eight vehicle makes and about 130,000 airbag inflators. Vehicles that are most at risk are prioritised for recall.
  2. To date, 88% of the airbag inflators whose recalls were initiated before 2015 have been rectified. For recalls initiated from 2015 onwards, 32% have been rectified.
  3. Motor dealers and parallel importers who have sold vehicles affected by any safety-related vehicle recall must notify LTA and affected vehicle owners, make the necessary arrangements to rectify the defects and update LTA on the progress of the rectification works. LTA will continue to monitor the situation closely. Please refer to Annex A for the list of vehicle models affected by the recall.

Register new nick juz to post dumb comments?

If U consider this as dumb comments then I'm sorry. As newbie we can only listen and not feedbac or share? One should indeed bear it own responsible in oneself doing. Likewise "No risk No Gain."

LTA will not enforce recall.

If you buy from PI, you're basically on your own.

PI warranty-workshops are a whole load of BS - just to give the new buyer a false sense of security.

Even if you send your PI car for normal servicing, workshop will ask you what service you want done, not the other way around! They do not have a standard serving schedule at all.

So you don't know what you don't know ... until car breaks down.

looks like evrythin in spore is just a "privilege" and not "entitlement".. those at receivin end can only try to be diplomatic lest being refused any service due to them..

here, only the rich n powerful can enforce their rights..

• Praise 1

looks like evrythin in spore is just a "privilege" and not "entitlement".. those at receivin end can only try to be diplomatic lest being refused any service due to them..

there is 1 rule for 1 and there is another rule for 1

depends on which 1 are you

this has been practiced 5000 years liao

Anybody also can enforce their rights as long as you can throw out some big shots name from Big 4 law firm in Singapore.

The best is if you have that big shot mobile number which you can call anytime of the day.

If not, LL lor

there is 1 rule for 1 and there is another rule for 1

depends on which 1 are you

this has been practiced 5000 years liao

so year 5001 will see us go PI buy car ask to less 10k for bnb cars n 20k for entry conti for opt out of warranty package..

Anybody also can enforce their rights as long as you can throw out some big shots name from Big 4 law firm in Singapore.

The best is if you have that big shot mobile number which you can call anytime of the day.

If not, LL lor

knowin n being able to do it r 2 diff matter; enforce needs $. can't b helpin u for free. then there r those hiong ka who doesn't give a hoot even if lawyer letter is being served.

so i LL go back bmw (bus mrt walk) someday - buy less things, less being held ransom..

bro, to check, shouldn't such recall be borne by manufacturer, or AD be able to claim from manufacturer? unless labor charge manufacturer don't bao..

so year 5001 will see us go PI buy car ask to less 10k for bnb cars n 20k for entry conti for opt out of warranty package..

knowin n being able to do it r 2 diff matter; enforce needs $. can't b helpin u for free. then there r those hiong ka who doesn't give a hoot even if lawyer letter is being served.

so i LL go back bmw (bus mrt walk) someday - buy less things, less being held ransom..

PI will be hiong ka.

AD less likely as AD knows richie says already will do it.  Rem Fragrant boss sue RR for creaking noise that is not fixed.

My definition of BMW is Bicycle MRT Wave (for cab).  This is self-sustaining model which is less likely to be held ransom with breakdown.  Of course, one could walk from Woodland to Shenton Way.  How many has done it?

PI will be hiong ka.

AD less likely as AD knows richie says already will do it. Rem Fragrant boss sue RR for creaking noise that is not fixed.

My definition of BMW is Bicycle MRT Wave (for cab). This is self-sustaining model which is less likely to be held ransom with breakdown. Of course, one could walk from Woodland to Shenton Way. How many has done it?

Well unless u talking about e scooter; bicycle too bulky for me should I resort to car lite

This recall could be good news for ADs when it comes to killing off PIs.

Where in the past we used to fear of spare part shortage when buying PI cars, now we need to contend with having no one to turn to when there is a recall.

There is a reason why the Authorised Distributors do ask for premium in their car price.

You go PI, basically take the car and settle everything yourself.

Yes, PI "warranty" is illusion to hook naive buyers.

agree why AD will be very responsible, they wouldnt want complain to car manufactor that they do nothing regards to recall especially issue by car maker and cost bear by car maker.

AD screw up risk losing distribuation license so they wont F around

Edited by D3badge
↡ Advertisement