BYD to start selling E6 electric vehicles in Singapore

Stooky

The E6 has an open market value of about $48,000 - in the ballpark of a BMW 5-series.  The car would be close to $200,000 with COE.

That is after a tier-2 carbon rebate of $15,000. But even if the E6 were to qualify for the tier-1 rebate of $30,000, it would still be priced nearly as much as a Toyota Fortuner, a huge seven-seater SUV.

Will u buy??
↡ Advertisement

Overseas, BYD does very well for fleet sales (taxis etc) and not for retail sales.

Company makes quality products though and counts Warren Buffett amongst it's shareholders.

Charging stations not standardized in singapore. All existing electric vehicles in singapore are not compatible in terms of charging solution. This needs to be harmonised for a multipier effect in the EV growth rate.

Charging stations not standardized in singapore. All existing electric vehicles in singapore are not compatible in terms of charging solution. This needs to be harmonised for a multipier effect in the EV growth rate.

This will never happen in Singapore. :a-noway:

This will never happen in Singapore. :a-noway:

Agree but the authority took too long to harmonize the charging station standards. U can see the charging differences comparing BMW i3 and BYD e6.

Agree but the authority took too long to harmonize the charging station standards. U can see the charging differences comparing BMW i3 and BYD e6.

Globally, it is not harmonize btw diff manufacturers le.

Supercharged

Globally, it is not harmonize btw diff manufacturers le.

The base technology upon which the network will be based is called Combined Charging System (CCS), which is a quick-charging method that uses a combo AC/DC connector referred to as the “Combo Coupler” in order to deliver a max 350 kW delivery charging rate. The standard is supported by BW, BMW, Daimler, and Ford, but also by Hyundai, GM and FCA.

The newly released Chevy Bolt uses CCS, for instance, and the standard is controlled by the Charging Interface Initiative, a group founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, VW and more specifically to push CCS as an industry standard. Tesla joined the standards body in March of this year, and was reported in February to be working on an adapter that would help it support the standard used by CCS chargers.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/29/bmw-daimler-ford-and-vw-to-build-high-power-european-ev-charging-network/

• Praise 1

The base technology upon which the network will be based is called Combined Charging System (CCS), which is a quick-charging method that uses a combo AC/DC connector referred to as the “Combo Coupler” in order to deliver a max 350 kW delivery charging rate. The standard is supported by BW, BMW, Daimler, and Ford, but also by Hyundai, GM and FCA.

The newly released Chevy Bolt uses CCS, for instance, and the standard is controlled by the Charging Interface Initiative, a group founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, VW and more specifically to push CCS as an industry standard. Tesla joined the standards body in March of this year, and was reported in February to be working on an adapter that would help it support the standard used by CCS chargers.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/29/bmw-daimler-ford-and-vw-to-build-high-power-european-ev-charging-network/

When will it be available?

What's available now is not harmonized le.

Has BYD really started selling electric cars? Just saw a normal SLL plate BYD on the road...

BYD had an office building with showroom at ubi, opposite kah motor. Saw their advertisement outside stating test drive is welcome. Anyone tried so far?

(edited)

The E6 has an open market value of about $48,000 - in the ballpark of a BMW 5-series. The car would be close to $200,000 with COE.

That is after a tier-2 carbon rebate of $15,000. But even if the E6 were to qualify for the tier-1 rebate of $30,000, it would still be priced nearly as much as a Toyota Fortuner, a huge seven-seater SUV.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/chinese-electric-car-to-be-on-sale-here

Will u buy??

Can't find BYD new car price list :(

post-23985-0-56009800-1491118860.jpg

Edited by Johny_walker

Which electric fuel pump are you using, looking for one that will flow gas thru with just mech fuel pump working and electric off.

By the way, glad that I stumbled upon Vinchain guys. I wanted to buy used 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 and i'm pleased that I ran car check before buying. I used Vinchain http://vinchain.io/ vehicle check service and with their help I distinguished that vehicle mentioned previously is with partial repair damage. Hope my advice saved you some bucks and in my opinion they are better than other car history check databases

↡ Advertisement