Are Car Companies Getting Hungry For Sales?

therock

It seems that there are car sales everywhere..

Is it really GSS time for cars, or just gimmicks?

I recently had a chat with one rep, and the rep confided, that around this time, the companies, typically the ADs, will need to rouse up sales if they have not met the annual targets.

And if you get it now, from reps who have not met their annual targets, there is a bigger hunger, so they will be willing to share their commissions with you, and help you get a better price. 

Having been to two sales recently, I can tell you from a first person point of view that the reps are truly keen to close a deal, and if you are really keen, get that cheque book ready, there are deals to be had.

For example, BMW has their 100 year sale, and one can score a BMW 116d for 123k plus a bunch of freebies.

The quantum of freebies that you get will depend on your bargaining skills and which rep is more hungry.

So is a senior rep better or a junior one? IMO, the latter. He / she has targets to met, and is more willing to forgo the commission in order to keep his / her job. 

↡ Advertisement

True for those "cold door" brand cars..

Alfa , Infiniti , Citroen , Renault , Opel...

FYI , my Frd told me that he nego for his new Renault Megane GT-line Diesel till the SE concussed n grudgingly accepted his target price.

He said no need to give face one as those cars are actually good to drive for the 1st 3 yrs n then sell it off with the depre calculated to his comfort zone..

U go Toyota or Merc , they tell u not to waste each other time ..

• Praise 4

True for those "cold door" brand cars..

Alfa , Infiniti , Citroen , Renault , Opel...

FYI , my Frd told me that he nego for his new Renault Megane GT-line Diesel till the SE concussed n grudgingly accepted his target price.

He said no need to give face one as those cars are actually good to drive for the 1st 3 yrs n then sell it off with the depre calculated to his comfort zone..

U go Toyota or Merc , they tell u not to waste each other time ..

The question is did your friend secure his COE? No point get good price but fail to get COE...

It's interesting for example, how many VW event cars they have, how many Mazda demo cars they have..

And BMW seems to always have 3-6 months old cars for sale..

A way of moving cars? 

It seems that there are car sales everywhere..

Is it really GSS time for cars, or just gimmicks?

I recently had a chat with one rep, and the rep confided, that around this time, the companies, typically the ADs, will need to rouse up sales if they have not met the annual targets.

And if you get it now, from reps who have not met their annual targets, there is a bigger hunger, so they will be willing to share their commissions with you, and help you get a better price. 

Having been to two sales recently, I can tell you from a first person point of view that the reps are truly keen to close a deal, and if you are really keen, get that cheque book ready, there are deals to be had.

For example, BMW has their 100 year sale, and one can score a BMW 116d for 123k plus a bunch of freebies.

The quantum of freebies that you get will depend on your bargaining skills and which rep is more hungry.

So is a senior rep better or a junior one? IMO, the latter. He / she has targets to met, and is more willing to forgo the commission in order to keep his / her job. 

Yup..agreed. My buddy jus got a call from his Subaru SE..after 5 months missing in action, called to say 5k discount if book by end oct

if is 20k of porsche display unit, i take. 10k, i buy new

Golf GTi heard the display unit can go as much as 15K liao let alone porker should be 35 to 45 K 

If we talk about new cars, during the Audi warehouse sale, there were offers for a basic A3 sedan. Bare bones unit. The same price is now available - 119k for the basic car, and they also provide more freebies..

I guess the reps are hungry.. 

Hey guys, i don't know if i should post this here but i need help. I need some parts for my car but im on a really tight budget. I found a site that provides me the best prices but i dont know if i can trust them for the quality...... Pleash check and tell me what you think, do someone ordered somethin from them and if yes, was everithing ok with the order. Here's the site thanks upfront

Hi bro

No link.. but anyways you may be better off asking in the maintenance section :)

My Friend played hard ball and got a further $3,000 off the Jetta Trendline.

To calculate cost of car, take OMV X 2.35 + COE value = cost of car to distributor.

Most make at least a 5 figure profit for each Sale. There is margin to knock down price further.

Edited by Vinceng

I think u have to factor in some other things before u get to profits. Volkswagen omvs look low for the kind of cars in its class there are probably some fees somewhere else to negate the low omvs to cover the car basic costs. What about cost of capital to hold stock and cost of storage showroom salesman costs etc

I suspect the real profit would be half of what is actually calculated based on basic costs which means prolly 6-8k per car and factoring the warranty and workshop service it seems reasonable especially in Singapore where land costs can be very high

I think u have to factor in some other things before u get to profits. Volkswagen omvs look low for the kind of cars in its class there are probably some fees somewhere else to negate the low omvs to cover the car basic costs. What about cost of capital to hold stock and cost of storage showroom salesman costs etc

I suspect the real profit would be half of what is actually calculated based on basic costs which means prolly 6-8k per car and factoring the warranty and workshop service it seems reasonable especially in Singapore where land costs can be very high

Supercharged

everyone knows the economy is getting bad now. though the COE prices are still strong, the biggest car buyers in the last few months were the rental companies related to grab and uber which have ready users in their waiting list.

those car brands that are not in favor by the GU will be facing slower sales.

hopefully the COE could be soften after the sunset. 

• Praise 1

My Friend played hard ball and got a further $3,000 off the Jetta Trendline.

To calculate cost of car, take OMV X 2.35 + COE value = cost of car to distributor.

Most make at least a 5 figure profit for each Sale. There is margin to knock down price further.

sad to say your friend got tricked by the vcs se

the 3k additional discount no need to play hardball also can get

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2