My experience of changing my tyres in Malaysia.

Eagle_Eye

you must learn from us (me ) ..... we don't bring MIL when we go shopping , usually; [laugh]

...... and must learn some Malay words too  

Park your car around the corner so cannot see your plate and get local prices.

Carry wallet with only RM and they think you local.

Also dun bring MIL who keep shouting cheep cheep so cheep one here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

you must learn from us (me ) ..... we don't bring MIL when we go shopping , usually; [laugh]

...... and must learn some Malay words too

Ok I learn from you.

Lock her in the boot.

Boleh boleh

• Praise 2

I did Google that why I mentioned limited information. Are your referring to hbe auto sdn bhd?

Was at synergy yesterday. The quoted me continental PC5 very cheap. All 4 at 468 for 205/55/16. Made in France.

Thats the shop. Using streetview can see the shop board name.
  • Praise 1

Park your car around the corner so cannot see your plate and get local prices.

Carry wallet with only RM and they think you local.

Also dun bring MIL who keep shouting cheep cheep so cheep one here.

ð

Yah i ever did that once

I want to duplicate my immobilizer key, agreed on price ald then walk my car see my car say sorry sg car got diff programme one more difficult to duplicate and increase the price by 150RM.

I said eh this car is PI car and the same model with malaysia one. What bulls**t are u talkin lol. I immediately walk off

• Praise 2

Yah i ever did that once

I want to duplicate my immobilizer key, agreed on price ald then walk my car see my car say sorry sg car got diff programme one more difficult to duplicate and increase the price by 150RM.

I said eh this car is PI car and the same model with malaysia one. What bulls**t are u talkin lol. I immediately walk off

to me it boils down to business Ethic , I always support professional business Ethic/ practice.

sorry to say he may be correct the program is not the same to his knowledge .

No offence to say he probably think Sg car should pay Sg price [bounce2]  .  

Business Ethic to me Particularly in Sg like had patronize retail shop that mentioned to me No receipt/invoice NO GST [confused] , 

to me a BUsiness establishments who can Cheat Government (tax evasion ) and you think he got the Business Ethic?

also any purchased without Invoice is just like no proof of purchased  

Edited by Roberttan

Nowadays Bengs damn chaarm.  Nobody reply to us anymore.  Asked on another thread NSNP so I come to this thread and ask can hor?

shhh....which JB shop selling GY Asym-3 at koot price huh?  If dont answer openly can PM me or whatsapp me or meet at MRT station say say also can hor.

GXFC....huat ah.

Hiadees/Hiabuays

Just want share and warn you guys when u change tyres in JB.  Not that this doesn't happen in Singapore but has happened to 2 of my friends so far.

They went to change tyres in their conti cars at the well known 'reasonably prized' shop in JB.  Many Singaporeans go there, heard more than 50% of their business are from SG-plate cars.

No issue with the tyres.  Problem is their workers often overtighten the lug nuts with the air impact wrench until the nuts cannot be removed when servicing the cars.  Both my friends had lug nuts tightened to over 200nm and when they send their cars to local WS to do brake servicing the wheels can be taken off because the nuts are stuck.  In fact a few nuts snapped off n got stuck when trying to remove.  Apparently their workers of this tyre shop in JB dunno how to torque down the lug nuts properly, even with a torque wrench, anyhow over tighten.  Hope they change their practice but now my friends very the tulan. Swear not to go back anymore.

Just sharing.  Not I say one hor, my friends say one hor.  Please ask your tyre shop, JB or Singapore, don't over tighten hor.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Hiadees/Hiabuays

Just want share and warn you guys when u change tyres in JB. Not that this doesn't happen in Singapore but has happened to 2 of my friends so far.

They went to change tyres in their conti cars at the well known 'reasonably prized' shop in JB. Many Singaporeans go there, heard more than 50% of their business are from SG-plate cars.

No issue with the tyres. Problem is their workers often overtighten the lug nuts with the air impact wrench until the nuts cannot be removed when servicing the cars. Both my friends had lug nuts tightened to over 200nm and when they send their cars to local WS to do brake servicing the wheels can be taken off because the nuts are stuck. In fact a few nuts snapped off n got stuck when trying to remove. Apparently their workers of this tyre shop in JB dunno how to torque down the lug nuts properly, even with a torque wrench, anyhow over tighten. Hope they change their practice but now my friends very the tulan. Swear not to go back anymore.

Just sharing. Not I say one hor, my friends say one hor. Please ask your tyre shop, JB or Singapore, don't over tighten hor.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Which is why I go to a regular tire shop in Singapore who uses torque wrench (which is set to the correct setting).

Save a few dollars, damage your wheel hub, cannot loosen due to over-tightening.

Don’t be penny wise, pound foolish.

• Praise 1

Hiadees/Hiabuays

Just want share and warn you guys when u change tyres in JB. Not that this doesn't happen in Singapore but has happened to 2 of my friends so far.

They went to change tyres in their conti cars at the well known 'reasonably prized' shop in JB. Many Singaporeans go there, heard more than 50% of their business are from SG-plate cars.

No issue with the tyres. Problem is their workers often overtighten the lug nuts with the air impact wrench until the nuts cannot be removed when servicing the cars. Both my friends had lug nuts tightened to over 200nm and when they send their cars to local WS to do brake servicing the wheels can be taken off because the nuts are stuck. In fact a few nuts snapped off n got stuck when trying to remove. Apparently their workers of this tyre shop in JB dunno how to torque down the lug nuts properly, even with a torque wrench, anyhow over tighten. Hope they change their practice but now my friends very the tulan. Swear not to go back anymore.

Just sharing. Not I say one hor, my friends say one hor. Please ask your tyre shop, JB or Singapore, don't over tighten hor.

the one i went to in bukit indah uses a torque wrench...they use the pneumatic to screw in the nuts but uses the torque wrench to tighten. Simple ws though....... Edited by Eviilusion

Hiadees/Hiabuays

It does happened to anywhere in singapore too. Have to specifically tell them please don't overtighten.

Some have the thinking the tighter the better.

Edited by Yewheng

Thanks for highlighting this.

Which is why I go to a regular tire shop in Singapore who uses torque wrench (which is set to the correct setting).

Save a few dollars, damage your wheel hub, cannot loosen due to over-tightening.

Don’t be penny wise, pound foolish.

alot of ppl buy tyres, they see it as buying a product nia

where cheaper go where.

but there are some like u and me, we see it as a service also.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

alot of ppl buy tyres, they see it as buying a product nia

where cheaper go where.

but there are some like u and me, we see it as a service also.

Exactly, this is not going to a supermarket and putting in a product into your shopping trolley.

Correct installation matters, a lot.

Twincharged

It does happened to anywhere in singapore too. Have to specifically tell them please don't overtighten.

Some have the thinking the tighter the better.

Tell them? then these ya ya Malaysian mech will say limpeh change more tire than you eat rice! Who are you to tell me. Hahhaah

Tell them? then these ya ya Malaysian mech will say limpeh change more tire than you eat rice! Who are you to tell me. Hahhaah

actually using impact gun very hard to avoid, even in sg, as long as they dun over tigthen, and use their hand to scew in the bolt first.

wat i cannot tahan the most is they handle my rims very roughly ,

put on the machine, the rim hit the machine ,

bang bang bang, my heart damn pain,

these shop i will never go, no matter how cheap.

• Praise 1

actually using impact gun very hard to avoid, even in sg, as long as they dun over tigthen, and use their hand to scew in the bolt first.

wat i cannot tahan the most is they handle my rims very roughly ,

put on the machine, the rim hit the machine ,

bang bang bang, my heart damn pain,

these shop i will never go, no matter how cheap.

In SG, there is tyre shop using torque wrench for final touch.

the one i went to in bukit indah uses a torque wrench...they use the pneumatic to screw in the nuts but uses the torque wrench to tighten. Simple ws though.......

can you share which shop that is.  Thanks.

In SG, there is tyre shop using torque wrench for final touch.

using Torque Wrench is Perfect.

to me hand tightened already very GOOD.

we have to understand the purpose of torque wrench is to prevent OVER tighen to your nuts or Bolts (over stress the material or Thread).

For sme they may have experient cant loosen their nut when trying to Put spare wheel in the event of Punctuured .

you wont be surprise to see some workshop cant loosen with his Power tool ,can imaging how overtightened last done..

↡ Advertisement