Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

black seats with black roof liner can make the interior abit dark and feels less spacious although sportier.

if you have panoramic roof option then the effect will be more balanced.

black seats are the safest. beige seats are tough to maintain and to keep from looking worn quickly.

Yeah, wasn't aware of that :(

Anyway I chose black for the leather because I want something that won't look dirty easily. My current cream color leather does get dirty..

↡ Advertisement

Has anyone gone to JB C&C for service work?

Also, I am considering the Carplay add on - probably by Elebest, but that feedback doesn't sound encouraging..

I did ask Elebest about updating the pre-facelift B-Class with CarPlay and it will cost a whopping $4.3K to complete the job with new controller and screen.  :dizzy:

I guess I'll make do with my iPhone first.

If the audio 20 breaks down then I may upgrade :)

It's a bit hard to use too if those YouTube videos are right.

Neutral Newbie

On the contrary, I had a different experience with them.  I was offered a trade-in price that is over and above what Jaguar Land Rover and PML offered me for my Bimmer 5er that was previously bought from PML.

Having said that, I was purchasing the run-out W211 Edition E E200 so I'm sure C& C strategy was to throw in the usual `over-trade' to the used car price so that it makes it seem less painful that you did not `lose' so much on your trade-in car.  It sure work on me as I was already conditioned to the new car price as well as taking a significant hit on the trade in loss which is the usual case.  Despite that, it's still a significant of approximately $45k of `overtrade' and that's before adding the usual insurance, finance discounts, service credits, frills.

Let me explain:-

New Car E200 Published Price:

$257k

Old 5er:

1) Used Car Dealers selling equivalent model and age: $80-90k

2) Jaguar Land Rover Used Car Offer Price: $65k

3) PML Used Car Dealer Offer Price: $63k

4) C&C (Republic Auto) Offer Price: $115k (I know it's a ridiculous price coz it can't be higher than what Used Car Dealers are selling my 5er for)

So I guess it all boils down to how desperate C&C wants to clear stock.

wow. how come your OT is like some $50k higher than other rivals. The OT quoted for my car is somewhat similar to other rivals. Wonder if the OT amount varies according to which model you purchase?

My friend bought a C180. His overtrade was also very generous. I suspect the higher end models will enjoy a better deal. 

Neutral Newbie

BTW anyone book the C coupe? It's really gorgeous, very tempted but a bit worried that it's not as pragmatic especially when there are 3 passengers. Getting in and out for rear passengers can be a hassle.

It's nice, saw one in the car park. But it's a YOLO thing.. if you are into practical, the B Class or regular C class is more suitable bro.. you won't be using it as a family car  [:p]

not really. depends on what is the flavour of the month or quarter..... some models so popular... only 5K overtrade.

OT, as alluded by previous posters, is just one of the tools to entice sales...it is the total take in price + OT in comparison with the market prevailing norm that is more accurate in assessing whether it is a "must grab deal".

My friend bought a C180. His overtrade was also very generous. I suspect the higher end models will enjoy a better deal. 

It depends on which models they have in stock (more units) that they like to push. If you choose those they have stock and the colour available, CnC will give higher overtrade.

If those need to indent, the disc is very low or no disc.

• Praise 1

Bros, may I know what exactly is "CARessentials Plus package"?

Can't find much online about it... cheers

• Praise 1

Got this off another forum:

Car essential package basically contain the followings

1) tyre patching x6

2) windscreen polishingx 3

3) aircon svc package

4) star interior ( I suppose is interior cleaning)

5)nano sealants x2

6)welcome pack ( dunno what it contains)

Total value : $3062

not too sure about the "Plus" difference.

you can also ask your SE and update us here.

Bros, may I know what exactly is "CARessentials Plus package"?

Can't find much online about it... cheers

• Praise 1

I also pump 95. Nothing is wrong...

premium octane grades are overrated. There's a report recently that u.s. consumers wasted billion on premiums.

If one pump long term ( 20 months in a stretch ) it can cause exhaust damage spewing white smoke when car is at red light or stationary stand still.

• Praise 1

If one pump long term ( 20 months in a stretch ) it can cause exhaust damage spewing white smoke when car is at red light or stationary stand still.

Bro

You that even if the Merc is rated for Ron 95, this can happen?

White smoke is a sign of incomplete combustion IIRC..

i went to Elebest.. actually thought of doing but when i there i see no customer worker idle and smoking and shop look dont give me confident. although i know cannot see the surface but i should at least feel confident leaving my car there but the fact is no lor

yaya i always go there in panda center .. free flow of snack..sometime i just stay there whole day till my car ready

just use the what is recommended.. which is min 95 .. why use more ? waste money.. i never pump more than what is recommended.

For me, I pump 95,

From some car video , magazine. No mean high grade is mean sure better,  for what i know, some car list to use 95 , it good for 95, using 98 cause unable to fully use and burn up the 98 contains, no good for the engine for long run.  :a-noway:

And local oil company, 95 and 98 price different alot, like saing to you, ok, u got extra money, I can make up heigher profit. 

Same to the car same model, for small and bigger CC,  their accessories price some time can be different. mean saying to bigger CC owner, u got extra money, please no mind little extra for me

Lol  :a-happy: 

I also pump 95. Nothing is wrong...

premium octane grades are overrated. There's a report recently that u.s. consumers wasted billion on premiums.

For me, I pump 95,

From some car video , magazine. No mean high grade is mean sure better,  for what i know, some car list to use 95 , it good for 95, using 98 cause unable to fully use and burn up the 98 contains, no good for the engine for long run.  :a-noway:

And local oil company, 95 and 98 price different alot, like saing to you, ok, u got extra money, I can make up heigher profit. 

Same to the car same model, for small and bigger CC,  their accessories price some time can be different. mean saying to bigger CC owner, u got extra money, please no mind little extra for me

Lol  :a-happy: 

• Praise 1

Bro

Agree, it is like smoker blowing out dirt air affecting those non-smokers . LOL !

I use to pump 98, wanted give my baby all the best.

2 years time, engine some time feel little vibrate,going to C&C compain, they clear my engine compartment carbon, reason unknow answer from C&C.

I change to 95 till now 4 years time, every seen OK, mean speeding,engine noisy etc all are in good condition.

Besides, i saving alot changing 98 to 95 this 4 years.

• Praise 1

Bro

IIRC white smoke is sign of leakage of engine oil into the combustion chamber - burning of the engine oil produces white smoke.

Incomplete combustion produces black smoke, not white.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1