Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

C&C dropped prices this weekend after COE drop! (Public service announcement)

What's the price like now bro?

Eg for the C180 that you bought?

We listed the freebies earlier on, so make sure your rep matches or exceeds those items, cheers.

What's the price like now bro?

Eg for the C180 that you bought?

We listed the freebies earlier on, so make sure your rep matches or exceeds those items, cheers.

Hey bro, got mine last week, was at 183,888, 2k off for Christmas promotion. New price (prices went down 4k) C180 Avt is going for 179,999 (this week), not sure if there is still the Christmas 2k discount promotion can ask.

Freebies, got the usual 5k service credit, huber opticks, front and rear camera, 3d mat, service pick up 6 round (12 trips), SE will add Garmin GPS also. 

Hey bro, got mine last week, was at 183,888, 2k off for Christmas promotion. New price (prices went down 4k) C180 Avt is going for 179,999 (this week), not sure if there is still the Christmas 2k discount promotion can ask.

Freebies, got the usual 5k service credit, huber opticks, front and rear camera, 3d mat, service pick up 6 round (12 trips), SE will add Garmin GPS also. 

Thanks for the update. Appreciate this as I am a newbie and looking at the C180 too.  Is the Garmin GPS integrated into the multimedia system?  Does the new C180 come with Apple Carplay?

For the 5k service credit, does it cover replacement parts like brake pads and tyres? I saw today's ad that Performance is offering 5 years BMW Service Inclusive now!  Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate this as I am a newbie and looking at the C180 too.  Is the Garmin GPS integrated into the multimedia system?  Does the new C180 come with Apple Carplay?

For the 5k service credit, does it cover replacement parts like brake pads and tyres? I saw today's ad that Performance is offering 5 years BMW Service Inclusive now!  Thanks.

Garmin is separate, integrated is only done for c200, but understand Elebest does this outside as well (not sure whether it voids warranty)

C180 - appears not to have apple carplay. 

5k credit can be applied to parts as well I believe but need confirmation from the rest.

Garmin is separate, integrated is only done for c200, but understand Elebest does this outside as well (not sure whether it voids warranty)

C180 - appears not to have apple carplay. 

5k credit can be applied to parts as well I believe but need confirmation from the rest.

Thanks that is very helpful info.  Interesting to see that competition is intensifying.  Must be everyone trying to hit their year end quota! [;)] 

Thanks that is very helpful info. Interesting to see that competition is intensifying. Must be everyone trying to hit their year end quota! [;)]

Bro

They aren't really pushing the C class much. It sells itself.

So if the COE drops, it's a good time to get it.

I suspect the car they are trying to clear is the A200.

They have to take in a selection of cars and colors, and will offer some deals for the less popular trims.

If you are keen on the C180, talk to your rep.

If you are serious and need a rep, pm me. Cheers

Let's hope your c class comes with airplay.

The credits are sort of like cash, and in fact you can ask your rep for that instead of credits.

Bro

They aren't really pushing the C class much. It sells itself.

So if the COE drops, it's a good time to get it.

I suspect the car they are trying to clear is the A200.

They have to take in a selection of cars and colors, and will offer some deals for the less popular trims.

If you are keen on the C180, talk to your rep.

If you are serious and need a rep, pm me. Cheers

Let's hope your c class comes with airplay.

The credits are sort of like cash, and in fact you can ask your rep for that instead of credits.

Thanks, good points. I appreciate the good advice on this thread and MCF in general. Learned a lot of things.

If I can ask a general question to all current and previous C class owners. I have heard only good things from friends who drive this model but has anyone ever had any major problem with it before?  I ask, because my previous BMW320 which was wonderful to drive had piston problems that fortunately happened just before the 3 year warranty was up!  And maintaining that car from year 5 to 10 is something I do not want to ever do again!  Thanks for sharing!

• Praise 1

Thanks, good points. I appreciate the good advice on this thread and MCF in general. Learned a lot of things.

If I can ask a general question to all current and previous C class owners. I have heard only good things from friends who drive this model but has anyone ever had any major problem with it before?  I ask, because my previous BMW320 which was wonderful to drive had piston problems that fortunately happened just before the 3 year warranty was up!  And maintaining that car from year 5 to 10 is something I do not want to ever do again!  Thanks for sharing!

Haha, you probably won't get much negative feedback since the W205 has only been out for a year or so.

My current drive is a W205 C180, with 17000km so far. I noticed some minor rattling when I stepped on the accelerator after 10000km - hoping to get that fixed when I meet up with their service consultants soon.

Acceleration at "Comfort" also seemed laggy at the start. For some reason, after switching to "Sport" for 5000km or so, then switching back, it seems so much better now. Other than those, no other issues so far. Car is synonymous with the Merc level of comfort, luxury and drive.

As per the others' suggestions it sounds to me like a case of wind whistle. As the CLA has frameless windows it isn't as thoroughly insulated. And the CLA's engineering, being a MFA car, is a good notch below the 'main' line of Mercedes such as the C & E-classes.

Perhaps you can try installing some wind deflectors to see if that helps with the issue?

Was speaking with an C&C SE and he agreed that the new FWD Merc models (A, B, CLA and the likes) are not as well built as the traditional C, E and S Classes.

But what to do, they were management-guided to push more of the entry-level models' sales, as this is where the growing demand is, from the new generation of Merc buyers.

• Praise 1

with regards to breaking down... have the c class w204 for about 5 years now... zero.

usual wear/tear like suspension and mounting (changed at 3rd yr on warranty), tyres, and light bulbs...

and ya.. even the headlinght light bulb i just change only.. the rest are still going strong.

unless of course.. kenna a lemon i got nothing to say.

Same here. V6 NA Merc sedan ... no breakdowns, or failure for 7 full years now, from new!

Only normal, regular servicing, battery changes and wear & tear replacements

Edited by merc280v6

Haha, you probably won't get much negative feedback since the W205 has only been out for a year or so.

My current drive is a W205 C180, with 17000km so far. I noticed some minor rattling when I stepped on the accelerator after 10000km - hoping to get that fixed when I meet up with their service consultants soon.

Acceleration at "Comfort" also seemed laggy at the start. For some reason, after switching to "Sport" for 5000km or so, then switching back, it seems so much better now. Other than those, no other issues so far. Car is synonymous with the Merc level of comfort, luxury and drive.

Thanks for your comment and merc280v6 comments too. Good to know that it is just minor issues that can be resolved which is ok I guess.

I was intrigued by comment that someone managed to get his suspension changed in 3rd year while under warranty. Wouldn't C&C say that it is wear and tear?  Overall sounds like C&C  quite ok with maintenance in terms of pricing from what I hear.  My experience with PMI quite the opposite. When I asked them to rotate my run flat tyres - the tech refused and said: "who told you can rotate run flat tyres?"!  So I listened to them and my front tyres thread didn't last 2.5 years. When my run flat tyre had a puncture they insisted I change the whole tyre. When they tested my battery and it was still 70% good after 3 years, they insisted I change it! 

• Praise 1

http://mercedesblog.com/new-9-speed-gearbox-the-more-the-better/

Mercedes will replace on medium term the 7-speed automatic gearbox on the models with rear wheel drive, with a 9-speed automatic transmission which will be available also for the four-cylinder engines.

With a few months ahead of Range Rover, Mercedes presented the first 9-speed automatic gearbox in the world meant for the premium segment. The new gearbox, named 9G-Tronic, will replace on medium term the current automatic gearbox 7G-Tronic. The new transmission came out with E 350 BlueTec and it is available now on four versions of CLS facelift (meaning CLS 220 BlueTec, CLS 250 Blue Tec, CLS 350 BlueTec and CLS 500). Subsequently it will also be mounted on other versions of E-Class, C, S, ML and the next GLK.

The new gearbox is already being produces at Stuttgart in Germany and it will be made at the Mercedes plant in Sebes, Romania, starting 2016, the production in Romania will have to supplement the demand as the new gearbox is introduced on other models.

What brings this new automatic gearbox and what are the benefits of the additional two gears? Nowadays, the automotive industry follows the motto “the more the better”.

The two extra gears offer a lower rev level at higher speeds: only 1350 rpm at 120 km/h and 2700 rpm at 250 km/h

The additional two gears provide a direct advantage at least from a certain point of view: the distance between the ratio between the first and the ninth gear is 9.15, which means that it is an important part regarding the efficiency. Thus, E 350 BlueTec can reach higher speeds at incredibly low revs. This translates for instance in driving at 120km/h while the rev counter shows only 1350 rpm and, furthermore, at E 350 BlueTec’s maximum speed of 250km/h is being reached an rev of only 2700 rpm. Through comparison, at the competitors like BMW and Audi, the distance between the ratio from the first and the 8th gear, respectively 7th gear is about 8 or 7, thus meaning that at maximum speed, the six-cylinders diesel engines from BMW and Audi are rotating at a higher revs with 500 or even 1000 rpm in the top gear of the transmission. Mercedes pledges for an official average fuel consumption extremely modest for E 350 BlueTech of only 5.3 l/100 km (138g/km CO2 emissions), with a minimum of 4.7 l/100 km for extra urban.

Not only the efficiency is the advantage of the large distance between the ratio  from the first and the ninth gear, but also the driving comfort. Theoretically, taking into consideration the huge torque of 620 Nm of the 3-liter diesel available from 1600rpm, the Mercedes engine would do honorable with only three or four gears, while the nine gears offer more refinement and driving comfort.

With a weight less than 100 kg, the new 9-speed gearbox is lighter than the actual 7-speed automatic gearbox

Despite the two additional gears and a maximum transferable torque of 1000 Nm, the new transmission does not take more space than the 7 gears one and, furthermore, it is lighter than the previous one, with a weight of less than 100 kg. The gear housing is composed of two components: the aluminum housing of the torque converter and the transmission housing made from magnesium alloy, while the sump is made of plastic. Even though there are two additional gears, the 9-speed transmission also has four semi-axle and six shift elements instead of five as found in the previous gearbox.

The main mechanical pump, considerably smaller than the previous one is located close to the main axle, it is chain driven and it is being operated by a auxiliary powered pump. Thus, the lubrication and the cooling are being actively controlled upon request, in order to adapt to the stop & start system. Due to the enhance of the hydraulic circuit from the torque converter, the transmission efficiency goes up till 92%, minimizing the loss in the transfer from the torque to the engine and to the transmission shaft.

Similar to the 7G-Tronic Plus, the gearbox provides the Economy, Sport and Manual modes and another Short-term M mode. This is enabled on the Eco and Sport modes only if the drivers engage a certain gear using the steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters and it remains active when manually changing the gears or if it maintains a sporty driving style. This is entirely different from the permanent Manual mode available in combination with the AMG Line package declutching it after a period of time.

• Praise 1

Thanks for your comment and merc280v6 comments too. Good to know that it is just minor issues that can be resolved which is ok I guess.

I was intrigued by comment that someone managed to get his suspension changed in 3rd year while under warranty. Wouldn't C&C say that it is wear and tear? Overall sounds like C&C quite ok with maintenance in terms of pricing from what I hear. My experience with PMI quite the opposite. When I asked them to rotate my run flat tyres - the tech refused and said: "who told you can rotate run flat tyres?"! So I listened to them and my front tyres thread didn't last 2.5 years. When my run flat tyre had a puncture they insisted I change the whole tyre. When they tested my battery and it was still 70% good after 3 years, they insisted I change it!

Ya that would be me..

Changed the suspension the whole set and engine mountings under warranty just before it ended.

By some weird logic gear mounting got pay. Didn't cost much though.

Service, like others have shared, have nothing to shout about.

Ya that would be me..

Changed the suspension the whole set and engine mountings under warranty just before it ended.

By some weird logic gear mounting got pay. Didn't cost much though.

Service, like others have shared, have nothing to shout about.

Interesting. Good for you to get it changed while under waranty!

Anyway, spoke to my SE and he says the 9gtronic is expected to come in 3Q17 and will be reflected in higher price. But who knows, maybe COE will drop to $30K by then!   [laugh]  

Yeah the 2017 B Class has airplay and the price has gone up by 8k..

always an excuse to up the price.

Let's hope COE levels are in the buyers' favor.

↡ Advertisement