Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Haha bro your version sounds similar to mine.

This SE approached me when I was walking around and soon after his phone keeps on ringing. Even when during the test drive, most of the time he is on his phone. Seriously the only interaction I have with him was he point to me where to go while he was constantly on the phone. I really dunno anything about the car during the test drive, which other SEs usually will make use of this opportunity to sell and impress.

Seriously quite disappointed... and hopefully I can get another SE to serve me if I should go down again...

I had the same experience but manage to get another good SE to serve me.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/23711-share-your-experience-at-cc/

Edited by Pohtk
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

You can change reps..

PM me if you need one.. but I thought you have moved on to other cars?

Your recommendation was good. Too bad things didn't work out in the end Edited by Mkl22

Your recommendation was good. Too bad things didn't work out in the end

So what did you get in the end? 

Lookout for offers during the Motor Show if you haven't signed..

Nice bringing this up for new owners :)

Typically you will be asked for your check about two to three weeks before you get registered. And unless it's ex stock, you can wait for more than four months for the car. Longer if it's a custom build.

I got 5K service credits for C.

I hope car care kits as welcome pack than a laptop bag... -_-

Interesting.. the local Merc website configurator is down:

"Configurator currently unavailable."..

Changes afoot? 

You are somewhat right bro.

- It will take 6 months to get my car.

- Yes, there are no much discount or promo. The OT is lesser.

​- Not really if you can get good SE. Mine is quite good as you read from my experience.

Thanks for the highlight, anything else I'm missing?

Sometimes I can't understand why CnC takes so long for such "customised indent" when a fully-customised PI car (presumably from the same factory) takes only 4 months (including homologation).

Sometimes I can't understand why CnC takes so long for such "customised indent" when a fully-customised PI car (presumably from the same factory) takes only 4 months (including homologation).

That's to discourage ppl from doing indent lorh

Each dealer is given a quota by MB factory. Obviously CnC being the AD will have a bigger quota compared to PIs (that is if MB even entertain PIs directly)

But CnC is moving MB by the tens if not hundreds per month. While even the biggest PI might be just selling a handful per month. And each PI will be considered a separate account by MB.

So a PI customised order might take 2.5 months to produce and 1 month to ship and 1 month to homologate.

A CnC customised order might take 2 months just to queue for the factory production slot and the rest of the process will be similar to PI's.

I suspect PIs don't deal directly with MB. Instead, they might be using overseas dealers' account with MB to do the ordering.

PI definitely cannot order from MB directly

they will have to go through other dealers from other countries

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

I think there's a bit of confusion for new Merc buyers, so I will try to explain a little about their Overtrade policy, and I hope other seniors can chip in...

You will see a certain price on places like SGmart, ------ or even on thir brochures and websites.

Then you will be offered the ubiquitous "Overtrade":

Basically it's a discount. BUT the only way you get to enjoy it is if you have a car to trade in.

Essentially Republic Auto - their used car arm will take in your car. Now the amount may vary and it will depend on their current promotion and of course the state of your car.

Eg if they are offering a deal to push the A Class, they will give something like 10k or more to entice you.

This is on top of the buy in value. The buy in value is not as good for cars which aren't near scrap.

If you have a 9 plus year old car, that's the ideal. Then you give it to them upon collecting your car.

So the net discount for you can be

SRP 150 000

OT say 10k

Your scrap value of say 10k

So the NET price of the car is 140k minus the scrap value and the effective amount you pay is 130k. So that's why sometimes you see discrepancies on the amount people say they paid versus the SRP.

Merc isn't the only dealer who does this.

Lexus, BMW etc all  offer this, the OT amount may vary. And it's seasonal. Now for example the OT on the C Class, B Class etc isn't high, because they aren't pushing these cars.

So contact your rep (pm me if you do need one) and then compare.

Months before I closed my deal, the price on the car was almost 10k more, then they dropped the price for a promotion.

So put your ear to the ground and wait ... if you can..

I think there's a bit of confusion for new Merc buyers, so I will try to explain a little about their Overtrade policy, and I hope other seniors can chip in...

You will see a certain price on places like SGmart, ------ or even on thir brochures and websites.

Then you will be offered the ubiquitous "Overtrade":

Basically it's a discount. BUT the only way you get to enjoy it is if you have a car to trade in.

Essentially Republic Auto - their used car arm will take in your car. Now the amount may vary and it will depend on their current promotion and of course the state of your car.

Eg if they are offering a deal to push the A Class, they will give something like 10k or more to entice you.

This is on top of the buy in value. The buy in value is not as good for cars which aren't near scrap.

If you have a 9 plus year old car, that's the ideal. Then you give it to them upon collecting your car.

So the net discount for you can be

SRP 150 000

OT say 10k

Your scrap value of say 10k

So the NET price of the car is 140k minus the scrap value and the effective amount you pay is 130k. So that's why sometimes you see discrepancies on the amount people say they paid versus the SRP.

Merc isn't the only dealer who does this.

Lexus, BMW etc all  offer this, the OT amount may vary. And it's seasonal. Now for example the OT on the C Class, B Class etc isn't high, because they aren't pushing these cars.

So contact your rep (pm me if you do need one) and then compare.

Months before I closed my deal, the price on the car was almost 10k more, then they dropped the price for a promotion.

So put your ear to the ground and wait ... if you can..

Thanks, this is very helpful. Took me a while to figure it out.  My car is 9+ years so just scrap value for me.  How much above scrap does Republic typically offer for a BMW3 with 18 months to go?  Have a friend who is considering making the switch.

Thanks, this is very helpful. Took me a while to figure it out.  My car is 9+ years so just scrap value for me.  How much above scrap does Republic typically offer for a BMW3 with 18 months to go?  Have a friend who is considering making the switch.

my personal experience is that cars with 12 to 24 months left always receive the worst trade-in deal as dealers typically dont take into account that the cars still have that lifespan left and tend to undercut us. my previous and current rides fall into this category  [thumbsdown]

think you can try for your car for higher overtrade. share with us if you have a good deal.

Not really...

I bought a cla sb200 on 7dec, besides scrap-value calculated till Mar'17 (waiting time for new ride), OT$10k was pushed to OT14.2k.

So, old ride (9+yrs) scrap (Mar'17) is $17.8k + $14.2OT, 32k total took-in price.

The others were 3yrs or 100k service credits of $5k, caressential pkg ($3+k), $500 welcome pack or JS F&B car cam, 1yr RT, extra diamond grile in silver

Don't rush to sign; take your time...it is good feeling when you are shopping for new ride..

Not really...

I bought a cla sb200 on 7dec, besides scrap-value calculated till Mar'17 (waiting time for new ride), OT$10k was pushed to OT14.2k.

So, old ride (9+yrs) scrap (Mar'17) is $17.8k + $14.2OT, 32k total took-in price.

The others were 3yrs or 100k service credits of $5k, caressential pkg ($3+k), $500 welcome pack or JS F&B car cam, 1yr RT, extra diamond grile in silver

Don't rush to sign; take your time...it is good feeling when you are shopping for new ride..

Thanks for sharing the info...Could I ask what the price was for the CLA SB?

Not really...

As you only get your new ride in Mar 17, you will be driving your car until scrap date which coincides with your new car delivery date. So the extra 4.2k is not even to offset the last 4 months of your car! You were just given a larger OT!  Nice! 

Thanks for updating us on the other perks.

I was shown the CLA 200 and the list price was 179,888. Think the SB should be a few k higher.

Not really...

I have a different interpretation of over trade from you. The over trade is actually a form of discount which is already factor in your new car price. They use the term over trade because they want to keep the selling price high so that you can get more loan under MAS ruling. If you think over trade given add on to your paper value then that is wrong. ppl who do not have car to trade in may still get the discount from other means. so this over trade thing is not what you think it is.

↡ Advertisement