Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Curiously does anyone know whats the promotion at the motor show? 

did not go motorshow but the showroom has this offer

CLA180, List price 170888

with 60%loan 6 years plus in house insurance you get

$5k discount

$5k service credit

$1.6k insurance rebate ($800 off car, $400 off 1st 2nd year)

Solar film, collect return 12 trips, 3D floormat, head cushion.

Essential plus package

Guaranteed COE bid. rebate 50k

overtrade starts at 10k without bargaining.

I did not follow the previous pricing. Is this a good deal? 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

Wah now that's a big increase in your budget bro..

I was merely going to suggest the B180...

The overtrade quantum is what you want to squeeze more on.. hope some bros will chip in ..

Not really...

I bought a cla sb200 on 7dec, besides scrap-value calculated till Mar'17 (waiting time for new ride), OT$10k was pushed to OT14.2k.

So, old ride (9+yrs) scrap (Mar'17) is $17.8k + $14.2OT, 32k total took-in price.

The others were 3yrs or 100k service credits of $5k, caressential pkg ($3+k), $500 welcome pack or JS F&B car cam, 1yr RT, extra diamond grile in silver

Don't rush to sign; take your time...it is good feeling when you are shopping for new ride..

Anyone know what is the "1yr RT" means?

Curiously does anyone know whats the promotion at the motor show? 

Saw the C180 promo price at $168,XXX. Not sure what are the terms and conditions.

• Praise 1

Saw the C180 promo price at $168,XXX. Not sure what are the terms and conditions.

Wow that's super low likely they took out over trade completely to reach there and service credit may have been reduced. But hoping to hear from others bros who knows the details on this.

Wow that's super low likely they took out over trade completely to reach there and service credit may have been reduced. But hoping to hear from others bros who knows the details on this.

Yes, wonder how they arrive at that figure and surprised they put it up so openly since they always seem to want to give the appearance that C180 pricing is very high and stable. [laugh] 

oh ya. I assume new car price automatically come with 6months road tax right?

I believe it is 1 year for merc.  They offered you a guaranteed COE with rebate at 50k for cat A?  Are you sure, as I recall that C&C always set a very wide gap between latest COE price and rebate level - usually 10k or more!  I'm surprised they offer a guaranteed COE too!

You can probably negotiate for a shorter loan and lower loan quantum.  One bro managed to get $50k loan for one year! [;)] 

IMO, they will get it for you, but maybe after the show.. you would imagine a lot of excitement and bids for the coming one, since it could be the last COE bid before the CNY, and we still have a lot of orders to fulfil, but have faith! Merc will deliver! Cheers

Thanks for comforting words!  I'm sure you're right.  Don't think they want to damage their reputation and I checked their gross margin is so high, COE has to reach $82k for it to be negative!

The CLA 180 has a Cat B Coe. Merc gives one year freeroad tax... Not that big deal since its <$1000. I suspect the 168k includes OT, service credits and the loan package too.. cheers.

Thanks for comforting words! I'm sure you're right. Don't think they want to damage their reputation and I checked their gross margin is so high, COE has to reach $82k for it to be negative!

At entry level (eg. C180, E200, etc.), C&C's gross margin is usually in the $50-70K ballpark, depending on which model.

It gets higher for their upline-engined variants.

• Praise 1

I believe it is 1 year for merc. They offered you a guaranteed COE with rebate at 50k for cat A? Are you sure, as I recall that C&C always set a very wide gap between latest COE price and rebate level - usually 10k or more! I'm surprised they offer a guaranteed COE too!

You can probably negotiate for a shorter loan and lower loan quantum. One bro managed to get $50k loan for one year! [;)]

It's tied to the freebies right? Did you know how much freebies he got with a smaller loan?

did not go motorshow but the showroom has this offer

CLA180, List price 170888

with 60%loan 6 years plus in house insurance you get

$5k discount

$5k service credit

$1.6k insurance rebate ($800 off car, $400 off 1st 2nd year)

Solar film, collect return 12 trips, 3D floormat, head cushion.

Essential plus package

Guaranteed COE bid. rebate 50k

overtrade starts at 10k without bargaining.

I did not follow the previous pricing. Is this a good deal? 

Seems like a good deal..So mean effective price about 155k? After discount and overtrade..not considering serivce credits?

• Praise 1

The c class sells well so I don't thInk so. 168k will be the final net after accounting for all those sweeteners.

Seems like a good deal..So mean effective price about 155k? After discount and overtrade..not considering serivce credits?

the main BAD thing is the high loan required. The interests itself is around 16k. Actually, car price is very opaque and you have to work out a lot of numbers.

At entry level (eg. C180, E200, etc.), C&C's gross margin is usually in the $50-70K ballpark, depending on which model.

It gets higher for their upline-engined variants.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2