Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

It's tied to the freebies right? Did you know how much freebies he got with a smaller loan?

I am quite sure he got all the same freebies, but if I recall his negotiating power was strong as he bought 2 mercs! [laugh]  I understand you need to take a loan to get the freebies but amount of freebies usually not linked to loan amount and tenure. 

↡ Advertisement

CLA180 is pretty decent in fuel economy right? When I started out looking for a car, it was because my old car was giving me problems, engine oil leak. So I thought it is about time to change. First thing to mind is reliability....

Then you see more cars and some cars look really nice :) 

It is really two choices, go cheap and get the Altis or go higher and buy a car that is exciting for me. I did not look at cars like Teana, Camry, etc because my first car was a cefiro so been there drove that. 

what you trying to validate huh? so chim...

Totally know what you mean.  I was considering a Vezel actually! LOL. But fell in love with my neighbour's CLA180 when I first saw it. Very sporty look. But couldn't deal with the low rear passenger headroom.  Although the C180 doesn't look as sporty, the drive felt more comfortable at least for me.

You may want to talk to your SE about the CLA200 or CLA200SB too. Last December, merc were pushing the CLA200 and my SE insisted I test drive it. He was right, the power between the CLA200 and CLA180 is night and day. But the best part is that the price between the two were quite similar then - they were giving an extra 10k OT on the 200!  As therock says, it depends on what they are pushing from time to time!  If you are keen on CLA, no harm checking. More bang for the buck!  You may be surprised especially since gap between Cat A and B is narrow now.

I recall CLA180 is Cat A (<1.6l and 121hp) while CLA200 is Cat B, (<1.6L and 154hp).

• Praise 1

As for South African vs Hungarian... tough call on the that one, but the basic build and chassis of the C Class is in a, well, different class..

Replied you..

How come you don't want to tell us the purpose of the car??

Is it for you, your family, and what car type are you looking for..

Looking at your car choice thread, it's pretty much a EDMW thread now ... so I hope you are truly keen on the Merc considering that people are genuinely trying to chip in to help you with your choice here...

Good luck and keep your choices simple and less random, cheers.

I thought i mentioned it in the my choose car thread. Family car.

I decided already so this is the deal I got.

Jan 2017. Last Coe cat a price 50k.

Cla180sb $170888

Trade in car expire march 2018.

Total over trade of 17.6k assuming delivery before 3march. If later over trade goes up by 1k cuz trade in price is fixed.

5k service credit.

Solar film.

Essential package, with welcome pack

Guaranteed Coe rebate at 50k

3D mat, 12 trip pickup/return, head cushion.

$400 off first and second year insurance, total 800.

Diamond grille with chrome pins

Loan 100k 2.68% 6 years.

In house insurance

The nett price is around 153k not factoring in 5k service credit, plus guaranteed Coe with 50k rebate which looks like a good deal.

Once u include the loan, it is probably not a great deal. I calculate the impact of the loan is around 5k vs a 70k 3 year loan. One of a personal reason I have is I want to keep more cash on hand in case i need to buy more big ticket item.

The Coe rebate level is applicable to certain units they want to push out I think. The Color I wanted was don't have it so I chose blue instead.

My community service post. Hopefully this help some people to get a better deal :)

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

Congratulations.

New Car for the new year!  [smash]

Cla180sb $170888
Total over trade of 17.6k assuming delivery before 3march. If later over trade goes up by 1k cuz trade in price is fixed.
5k service credit.
Solar film.
Loan 100k 2.68% 6 years.

The nett price is around 153k not factoring in 5k service credit, plus guaranteed Coe with 50k rebate which looks like a good deal.

Once u include the loan, it is probably not a great deal. I calculate the impact of the loan is around 5k vs a 70k 3 year loan. One of a personal reason I have is I want to keep more cash on hand in case i need to buy more big ticket item.

The Coe rebate level is applicable to certain units they want to push out I think. The Color I wanted was don't have it so I chose blue instead.

My community service post. Hopefully this help some people to get a better deal :)

Cla180sb $170888

5k service credit.

Solar film.

Loan 100k 2.68% 6 years.

In house insurance

Congrats bro!

Nice price :)

How much more was the C180, can you share? Thanks

The c class sells well so I don't thInk so. 168k will be the final net after accounting for all those sweeteners.

This OT really confusing. Since they will need a car for trade-in, how do they arrive at a final price of 168k without knowing what used car a potential customer will bring in? For e.g. a 5 yr old camry will be worth more than a 9 yr old camry.  [confused]

Edited by east41st

This OT really confusing. Since they will need a car for trade-in, how do they arrive at a final price of 168k without knowing what used car a potential customer will bring in? For e.g. a 5 yr old camry will be worth more than a 9 yr old camry.  [confused]

The OT is a bonus sum - a discount, so the best way to enjoy it is to bring them a car which is due for scrap.

It's not dependant on the car value.

That counts towards the value of your car, which is on top of this.

Basically there's a bit of VOODOO here, as the fudge factor allows them to keep the SRP high, and the final price is something between you and the agent.

Eg when my good friend booked the C180 in Feb last year, due to the low COE, his final price was almost as low as a B Class! He took an older C180, less specs, high OT and the low COE all factored in towards a low nett price. 

So the OT will be higher for the cars they want to push. Eg when I booked, if I wanted the Fungus Green color, I would have gotten 3k more discount.. but it was not to my taste... I suppose if I parked in a forest, I might not be able to find my car.. :)

Cla180sb $170888

5k service credit.

Solar film.

Loan 100k 2.68% 6 years.

In house insurance

Congrats!  Your guaranteed COE with rebate at 50k is definitely a good deal!  My rebate was 35k and my COE dependent on C&C mood!  :wacko: 

Does the CLA180 come with Apple Car Play?  Did they say what was in the welcome pack?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your ride!

Coz they usually take in car at scrap value... The OT is just a mere calculation on their cost sheet on how much to sell their cars. 

• Praise 1

Congrats! Your guaranteed COE with rebate at 50k is definitely a good deal! My rebate was 35k and my COE dependent on C&C mood! :wacko:

Does the CLA180 come with Apple Car Play? Did they say what was in the welcome pack?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your ride!

she say it's a Mercedes backpack with some goodies inside. Yup, cla180 comes with Apple car play. Big plus to me, no need gps, etc.

I recall the rep telling me that that the 2017 models will mostly come with Airplay, so their prices are higher..

So it's important to ask exactly what you are buying :
Current 2016 models or the ones being made in Hungary and will be on a boat to you, with Airplay.

This OT really confusing. Since they will need a car for trade-in, how do they arrive at a final price of 168k without knowing what used car a potential customer will bring in? For e.g. a 5 yr old camry will be worth more than a 9 yr old camry. [confused]

Agreed so I put in the age of my car too for your refercence

Edited by Wind30

Congrats bro!

Nice price :)

How much more was the C180, can you share? Thanks

Sry, I did not ask about the c180. I liked the cla180 design. My first choice is the coupe but chose the sb for a bit more rear headroom and slightly higher omv.

So the OT will be higher for the cars they want to push. Eg when I booked, if I wanted the Fungus Green color, I would have gotten 3k more discount.. but it was not to my taste... I suppose if I parked in a forest, I might not be able to find my car.. :)

haha is that the official MB name for that color?  [:p]  [laugh]

The OT is a bonus sum - a discount, so the best way to enjoy it is to bring them a car which is due for scrap.

It's not dependant on the car value.

That counts towards the value of your car, which is on top of this.

Basically there's a bit of VOODOO here, as the fudge factor allows them to keep the SRP high, and the final price is something between you and the agent.

Eg when my good friend booked the C180 in Feb last year, due to the low COE, his final price was almost as low as a B Class! He took an older C180, less specs, high OT and the low COE all factored in towards a low nett price. 

I do understand the OT's purpose to maintain the dealer's SRP etc.

For C180 the SRP is $185k. Then I saw car show states promo $168k. So I am wondering how do they 'lock in' this $168k when different scrap cars have different PARF values? 

she say it's a Mercedes backpack with some goodies inside. Yup, cla180 comes with Apple car play. Big plus to me, no need gps, etc.

Ok, thanks. Yes, I think Apple Car Play is a cool feature to have!  Unfortunately, the C180 is not getting it as standard yet.  I guess those of us getting the C180 should be happy that it comes with memory seats now!   [laugh] 

I guess can install Apply Car Play 3rd party outside but will it void warranty?  It's not like installing COMAND, right?

I do understand the OT's purpose to maintain the dealer's SRP etc.

For C180 the SRP is $185k. Then I saw car show states promo $168k. So I am wondering how do they 'lock in' this $168k when different scrap cars have different PARF values? 

See my earlier post bro..

The OT has Nothing to do with the scrap car value.

Say a car SRP = 180k

OT is what the agent gives as a discount. The condition is you must trade in a car. Any car ( only condition is that you own it > 6months apparently) 

Say OT = 10k

Then whatever value you get for your car is dependant on the SALE price of your current car. Eg if you have a 5 year old Camry and you get an offer of 50k for it.

So you pay 180-10 net, then minus the 50k for the Camry.

The net price is 170k, PLUS whatever freebies they give. That's the ad trick. They will add in the freebies which you get if you get a loan.

Eg Nano, DVR, service credits, solar film etc, things which I have posted earlier. Say all these have a net value of 10k, then they will say your car is 180-OT-Freebies or 160k.

So the ad will say, get a C180 for 160k.

I don't think I can make it any clearer!

Other bros, please chip in especially if I am mistaken.. cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3