Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Just got a reply from my rep on the full manual mode:

It's possible!

You have to use the "I" setting, and then customise it to Manual..

My rep is a hard working chap, so if someone needs a rep, pm me, hope to give him more business  [laugh]

He is sure helpful, get back to me quite fast. Saw him at motorshow, very busy ... din have chance to talk to him!

I personally refer 4 to him.. hope all went well :D

Got your ride bro?

Not yet bro! [:(] .. but already know what I'm getting. My dad scrapping his ride soon so waiting for the right time to purchase together! :D 

Not yet bro! [:(] .. but already know what I'm getting. My dad scrapping his ride soon so waiting for the right time to purchase together! :D

I hear the one day CNY offer is usually pretty good. Worth checking out if you are looking for one or two!  Happy hunting!

I didn't quite realize Merc are the no. 1 luxury brand globally!  Think their re-designed look has been brilliant and can't wait to see the new designs coming!  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-26/mercedes-redesign-starts-second-lap-with-shark-tooth-hatchback

Edited by Halo

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/sleek-but-not-slick

The expected power deficit and aural differences aside, the SL400 betrayed significant scuttle shake, constant cabin rattle and a couple of glitches.

Namely, the brake pedal's Hold function did not always work, or required several stabs to work. And once, the driver's seat moved towards the steering wheel and its backrest flipped forward when I exited.

These two glitches can probably be resolved. But the way the car rattles and shakes is likely to be something an SL driver has to live with.

"Rattles and shakes"... hmmm

well done, very daring Christopher Tan

but i guess rich Tai Tai will still buy these cars

btw - sort of disagree, with this statement

Thankfully, like in most Mercs, the SL's air-conditioning is powerful. 

i thought Mercedes aircon is never powerful?

Promotion at Cycle & Carriage Industries

Hotline: 6298 1818

Happy Lunar New Year. Join Mercedes-Benz for a one-day only Open House.

- 31 January, 10am-6pm

- Effective prices from $123,888

Usher in an auspicious year with exclusive Open House packages. Book the A-Class with effective price from $123,888 while other models including the CLA Coupe and the C-Class are also available with attractive Open House packages. Join us at Mercedes-Benz Center of the 4th Day of the Lunar New Year and revel in the occasion with lion dance performances and other festivities. Take advantage of this great opportunity to own your desired Mercedes-Benz this 31st January.

Conditions apply.

Promotion ends on: 31-Jan-2017

Any info on the sale?

I have some friends who are keen... cheers

• Praise 10

Sounds like the A180 with a solid OT..

Or the 127k A200 that I was offered. Plus service credits and what not. Should hit the 123888.
  • Praise 1

Or the 127k A200 that I was offered. Plus service credits and what not. Should hit the 123888.

It'll be interesting to see what they offer on the 9g C180 too.

• Praise 1

9G C still long line of buyer at list price. Doubt there will be any significant offer. 

It'll be interesting to see what they offer on the 9g C180 too.

• Praise 1

Haha, after this, who knows the outcome if someone tries bringing another "helicopter sounding 550i" type case against Merc? :D

Will the judge say that the buyer ought to have known based on the review? But how can everyone be expected to have read that review?

Will the judge say that he can't feel anything himself after a test drive (like happened in the 550i case)? But how can the judge think he is capable of evaluating a car better than a professional reviewer?

[laugh]

Don't think the 550i case will set precedence. 

The "cannot feel/hear but ran over a cyclist in father's lexus"  case's judge don't seem to need a test drive to quickly agree that it is all the car's fault for being too well insulated...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1