Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Thanks! Haven't got my car yet. Just reading around to learn as much as I can while waiting.

My previous W203 did not come with TPMS then.

There are some TPMS system that has dedicated pressure sensor valves for each tyre which can show up each tyre's exact pressure. While some TPMS uses the ABS/ESP to extrapolate if one of the tyres are losing pressure from the difference in rolling diameter.

Not sure about newer models, w204 isn't auto.

Anyway it isn't difficult to find it in the menu.. Just do it loh..

↡ Advertisement

Mercedes TPMS is auto recalibration or must press a button to recalibrate after each pumping?

By right whenever your pump your tire, you should reset the new pressure so the computer can capture this is the new reading to benchmark.

Turbocharged

Thanks! Haven't got my car yet. Just reading around to learn as much as I can while waiting.

There are some TPMS system that has dedicated pressure sensor valves for each tyre which can show up each tyre's exact pressure. While some TPMS uses the ABS/ESP to extrapolate if one of the tyres are losing pressure from the difference in rolling diameter.

mine is quite suffice, though i don't think there's a pressure sensor valve in each tyre.

twice detected air leaking and the instrument panel blinked red to 'check tyre pressure'.

only didn't tell me which tyre kenna. 

more high tech one i heard people install outside is having sensor per tyre/valve and has a panel display showing the pressure in each tyre. machiam like F1  :D

mine is quite suffice, though i don't think there's a pressure sensor valve in each tyre.

twice detected air leaking and the instrument panel blinked red to 'check tyre pressure'.

more high tech one i heard people install outside is having sensor per tyre/valve and has a panel display showing the pressure in each tyre. machiam like F1 :D

For the new Merc models, it has the display of individual Tyre pressure reading.

post-14769-0-88721100-1485937994_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

more high tech one i heard people install outside is having sensor per tyre/valve and has a panel display showing the pressure in each tyre. machiam like F1  :D

W204 is not using TPMS only in W205 TPMS included.

W204 is getting what it called run flat monitoring, it measure rotation timing of each wheels. If there is one tyre rotation out of timing it will display "check tyre pressure". Lower pressure on tyre affect the diameter therefore also affect rotation timing. After preussure confirmed on all 4 tyres then need to reset the system.

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 3

TPMS is very useful.

my stock one doesn't display the exact pressure. it only lights up when it detects that pressure is low.

eve of CNY eve it lighted up. turned out to be a slow leak, pressure was 200kpa.

if i had a display, i'd have found out earlier.

post-1798-0-23400200-1485940622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Theoldjaffa

Mercedes TPMS is auto recalibration or must press a button to recalibrate after each pumping?

For W205 its auto.  The readings change automatically after each pumping.

For W205 its auto. The readings change automatically after each pumping.

Great info. I was trying to find out cos I dun ever remember resetting and it works fine.

I guess the new E class should be the same.

Speaking of warnings, the modern Merc has a lot of beeps and buzzing..

For owners experiencing this for the first time, it can be daunting or even annoying.

Some of the proximity sensors actually to be a little slow, as in the alarm comes after the motorbike has passed..

Takes a little getting used too..

For W205 its auto. The readings change automatically after each pumping.

This is very convenient. So if you pumped till 240 then 240 will be new benchmark, if next round U pump till 245 then 245 will be the new benchmark?

most likely is using ABS/ESP to extrapolate that all the 4 tyres are similar in pressure. It will only flag if there is any difference in the 4 tyre pressures.

the dedicated valves pressure sensors will have pressure indicators for each of the tyres.

For W205 its auto.  The readings change automatically after each pumping.

Was wondering..can I change my tyres to non-run flats? Will it affect the pressure indicator?

Also, what are my options if i have a punctured tyre since there is no spare tyre in the boot?

Thanks!

Was wondering..can I change my tyres to non-run flats? Will it affect the pressure indicator?

Also, what are my options if i have a punctured tyre since there is no spare tyre in the boot?

Thanks!

Can

No

Tyre repair kit or call tow truck.

Can

No

Tyre repair kit or call tow truck.

Tyre repair kit is of no use for tyre side wall shear, or a hole rupture (lobang) that's larger than an embedded nail prick!

Tyre repair kit is of no use for tyre side wall shear, or a hole rupture (lobang) that's larger than an embedded nail prick!

That's why I put "or tow truck" ma.

If can, use repair kit.

If cannot, like sidewall shear, call tow truck.

last time i tio puncture.. i was so confident to take out and setup everything.. then got stuck at the nuts.. it was so tight and it wouldn't budge. :a-bang:

ended up lppl and still had to call AA for help.

for me, i can remove the nuts. but no matter how i kick, the wheel refuse to come out.

until i sibeh tulan just whack, then it moved. lol

↡ Advertisement