Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Turbocharged

My mum collected her car yesterday, she mentioned there is water inside the headlight is this a common issue?

Yes. I saw moisture in mine too. I checked the next car being collected, it has the same thing.

• Praise 1

Got meetup?

I will get the meetup guru @tianmo

to organise :)

A Saturday brunch perhaps at ABC market near Leng Kee.. 

But if you want a Merc only one, the SGMERC forum has their regular sessions. If I am not wrong, they just had one last night! 

you can try this. i reverse my car and banged the wall behind.at an angle. scratches on the bumper. reverse not at high speed so no dent. what i did is i buy an abrasive paste from the kiosk and start to polish it off . by doing that your whatever coating also gone. i bought the fine abrasive type instead of the rough but will take longer. at least you can control the effect but it will take longer.

Someone gave me this Fusso brand tube, which I used to wipe off minor scratches on my previous car and it worked like a dream. Not sure if it is the abrasive paste type - more like liquid. Available from Autobacs.

I will get the meetup guru @tianmo

to organise :)

A Saturday brunch perhaps at ABC market near Leng Kee..

But if you want a Merc only one, the SGMERC forum has their regular sessions. If I am not wrong, they just had one last night!

Ah I see. I rarely visit Sg merc. Mainly amg whatsapp group lol.

Hi guys!

I was reading up abit on the servicing costs by C&C and it sounds really sky high..

In regards to that, just wanna find out how many of you actually continue servicing your MBs with them (after service credits finish) or go to outside workshops?

My dad used to have a Mitsubishi Gallant many years ago and he had a bad experience at C&C. He told me they are chopping him like carrot and did not solve the issues that he brought up. So guess my impression of their service/diagnosis wasn't very good since then.

Any comments or advice?

Hi guys!

I was reading up abit on the servicing costs by C&C and it sounds really sky high..

In regards to that, just wanna find out how many of you actually continue servicing your MBs with them (after service credits finish) or go to outside workshops?

My dad used to have a Mitsubishi Gallant many years ago and he had a bad experience at C&C. He told me they are chopping him like carrot and did not solve the issues that he brought up. So guess my impression of their service/diagnosis wasn't very good since then.

Any comments or advice?

They are expensive and slow. Once warranty end service it outside and surprise surprise MB parts are cheaper than Honda parts of consumable like filters and engine GB mounting. I am not Promoting workshop but I was happy after 3rd year my cat was serviced by Chip Soon last time.

• Praise 1

They are expensive and slow. Once warranty end service it outside and surprise surprise MB parts are cheaper than Honda parts of consumable like filters and engine GB mounting. I am not Promoting workshop but I was happy after 3rd year my cat was serviced by Chip Soon last time.

Bro, thanks alot for your insights! MB parts cheaper than Honda really sounds quite unbelievable  [shocked]

Yup I heard alot about Chip Soon. Care to share roughly how much is the major/minor servicing from them?

Bro, thanks alot for your insights! MB parts cheaper than Honda really sounds quite unbelievable  [shocked]

Yup I heard alot about Chip Soon. Care to share roughly how much is the major/minor servicing from them?

Bro, you haven't even collected your car and you want to void your warranty, and think of going cheap?

Funny leh.. if you don't mind me saying, would a Jap car have suited you better if you want to have good service rates?

Thanks for sharing, it's not hard to get parts for most Mercs, given their popularity, and generally they are quite reliable.

Chip Soon has a good rep, will keep them in mind, if I decide to explore a non C&C service centre.

Can they handle electronic issues too? 

↡ Advertisement