Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I'm thinking of buying a low mileage used A180 or A200 direct from private owners (not from used car dealers) for my personal use. Is there a place I can post my request?

Was gonna suggest sgmerc but saw you already posted there.
↡ Advertisement

I felt M2 engine note is better. M240i engine acceleration is better. But, what impressed me was Gay S. Signed today. Bye Bye F10 @RadX

Is the price point similar? I thought the C43 was a tad more ex - about 10k+?

Anyway, I have not driven the Cayman. But I have driven the C43.

Wasn't too impressed. The car simply doesn't feel urgent enough. Let me wanting a lot more.

Between those two, I would seriously look at the Porsche - but again, I need to drive the Cayman to be sure. While I have lots of experience with DCTs in general, I have to confess I have limited experience with the PDK. I have tested a RUF 3800S with a DCT, but I'm not sure if it's equivalent to the PDK you get in a Porsche badged car. Still, a DCT transmission of any sort is still preferable to an auto (the C43 has a nine-speed auto).

Honestly, the C43 is considered an AMG-lite, not a fully-fledged AMG as such. The engine itself is not made at Affalterbach. In that sense, it is similar to my BMW M140i (the "M performance" line, informally considered "M-lite"). And now I'm going to make a pitch for my car or the close cousin, the M240i. Even though they're down on raw power compared to the C43, they also weigh less so the power:weight is actually higher on the Bimmers. Try driving one of these - they're quicker than an M2 in a straight line at legal speeds (and a bit above). Even though the transmission is also a torque converter auto, it's the practically bulletproof ZF 8-speed, which I love. Seriously, if you're thinking of the C43, get one of these and save yourself nearly 100k and put a bigger smile on your face.

I felt M2 engine note is better. M240i engine acceleration is better. But, what impressed me was Gay S. Signed today. Bye Bye F10 @RadX

Well done bro! Can't go wrong with a Porkey. :D

Btw, with regard to engine note of the Bimmers, remember that what you're hearing inside the car is almost totally fake synthetic sound (active sound). The interior fake sound of the M2 sounds a lot more aggressive than that of the M(x)40i. But if you listen from the outside, the M2 is only just nicer than the M(x)40i. And there are tons of performance exhaust options for either car if your care about that sort of thing.

Edited by Turboflat4

Thanks all.

I tried to feel the sound with windows down also. M2 won my heart. My wife felt M240i was better all the time (you know the reason right). So, clear dispute with wife resulted in myself turning Gay Man.

Well done bro! Can't go wrong with a Porkey. :D

Btw, with regard to engine note of the Bimmers, remember that what you're hearing inside the car is almost totally fake synthetic sound (active sound). The interior fake sound of the M2 sounds a lot more aggressive than that of the M(x)40i. But if you listen from the outside, the M2 is only just nicer than the M(x)40i. And there are tons of performance exhaust options for either car if your care about that sort of thing.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone here owns CLA shooting break? Any review?

Is it worth to change the default speaker to Harman Kardon? 

Did you get other optional items like blind spot sensor installed? Thanks.

Hi,

Just passed 5kkm mark on sb...

Hi,

I think the blindspot sensor is good. Do they have it on CLA?

I saw it on the Eclass.

Agree on the usefulness. For some makes, the steering wheel will also vibrate to alert the driver when it senses the intention (when indicator turn on) to change lane and there is a vehicle within the blindspot zone.

IMO, such safety feature should be a standard on vehicles and hopefully it will help prevent accidents. Needless to say, the driver must also be alert and careful.

I think the blindspot sensor is good. Do they have it on CLA?

I saw it on the Eclass.

• Praise 1

Can I check:

I notice in ECO drive mode, the rpm will drop if my foot is not on the accelerator pedal. Does the car go into neutral and disengage the clutch? 
I wouldn't want that as the fuel I save isn't worth the stress on constantly engaging and disengaging the clutch ... and it's a bit disconcerting.. thanks

Can I check:

I notice in ECO drive mode, the rpm will drop if my foot is not on the accelerator pedal. Does the car go into neutral and disengage the clutch? 

I wouldn't want that as the fuel I save isn't worth the stress on constantly engaging and disengaging the clutch ... and it's a bit disconcerting.. thanks

Which model?

B Class, cheers. 

W246 B class comes mated to 7G-DCT, which is a dual clutch gearbox. So it's probably on clutch when gliding. When you change gears, whether through auto or manual, clutches are engaged anyway.

Supersonic

Thanks but the rpm drops a lot in eco.. I read somewhere that it may be in glide which is like neutral..

Similar to Audi or some other Conti brands..

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, is it normal to wait 2 weeks or more after you paid the remaining downpayment for your car and still not hear any news from your SE about the car. 

I paid my remaining downpayment 2 weeks ago and still no sound no picture from my SE and I'm getting pissed.

Middle of March say the car coming middle of April, middle of April say end April, end April take my cheque say can register early May, ask

again say middle of May, dulan sia

↡ Advertisement