Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Was struggling with USB port while trying to connect my phone to screen, on to discover the port has not been connected properly. Another trip to c& c to solve the issue. Really time consuming!!!

• Praise 1

Was struggling with USB port while trying to connect my phone to screen, on to discover the port has not been connected properly. Another trip to c& c to solve the issue. Really time consuming!!!How do i

How do i connect my android to my screen, can only play audio via bluetooth. Any advise

• Praise 1

How do i connect my android to my screen, can only play audio via bluetooth. Any advise

Did you pay for the Command package?

If not then you are out of luck.

You can go to Elebest, they can add CarPlay for around 3k or so. Not sure about android platforms though..

Did you pay for the Command package?

If not then you are out of luck.

You can go to Elebest, they can add CarPlay for around 3k or so. Not sure about android platforn

Not sure of this package, was told by SE that carplay is installed.  The carplay and android auto appear on my screen but show "connection error" when connected to my phone.

Any idea what happen

Not sure of this package, was told by SE that carplay is installed.  The carplay and android auto appear on my screen but show "connection error" when connected to my phone.

Any idea what happen

Did you use the original apple cable? It may sound weird but it seem to solve the problem for people using the Apple CarPlay. 

• Praise 1

The basic Audio 20 doesn't give you the Andriod functions of your phone.. sorry bro

Edited by therock

M using android phone and android cable provided by C&C

hi i believe i was facing the same problem as you. My SE told me that only apple carplay could work with my CLA but nt android auto due to "compatibility issues". So i tested it with the android cable on the spot but it didnt work . After doing some research, i decided to sideload the android auto app ( its not avail on google store you have to manually download it ) onto my phone and opened it before connecting it to the car and voila it works! I have to say android auto is better since i can use google maps unlike apple car play. Good luck bro!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi i believe i was facing the same problem as you. My SE told me that only apple carplay could work with my CLA but nt android auto due to "compatibility issues". So i tested it with the android cable on the spot but it didnt work . After doing some research, i decided to sideload the android auto app ( its not avail on google store you have to manually download it ) onto my phone and opened it before connecting it to the car and voila it works! I have to say android auto is better since i can use google maps unlike apple car play. Good luck bro! 

Could I have the apk please

Edited by AJP

If the battery charge is low, the car will automatically disable the start/stop function.

Mine has 2 batteries, I can therefore wait till it auto disable to change the start stop battery? C&C asked me to replace it now as lifespan is 2 years. Come to think of it, I am actually fine to disable it permanently by not replacing the battery. Wahahahaha...

Hmm ... I have both a ciggy socket AND another 12V socket, below the centre of my dashboard, in front of the gear stick. ðð¼

But pity though, NOT in any of my Mercs! ð

I was advised not to use the cig socket on a daily basis for heavy duty stuffs, including charging of phones and iPad, any merits to the advice? Edited by Voodooman

Is it normal to have to flush Mercy aircon on a yearly basis as per the recommended service manual?  I did it last year due to this sourish smell which I could not get rid of using the blast the fan at full speed on high temperature routine. If this is the norm for Mercy aircon, I won't even bother to retry the routine this year.  

Any old bird Mercy fans can advise. Thanks.

Erm....at most change a fuse?

As long as your ciggy socket usb converter is fused and of good quality, I see no reason for any restriction.

I was advised not to use the cig socket on a daily basis for heavy duty stuffs, including charging of phones and iPad, any merits to the advice?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2