Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I went through the same buyer's mod fever.. am glad I didn't go nuts on adding stuff.. would have cost a few grand..

So what are the items that you did end up modding? :D

For those warranty over, any workshops in the West to intro? With the removal of warranty restrictions now, there's no real must to go back agent for normal oil change servicings at the least. Agents cannot anyhow void this and that with no basis.

↡ Advertisement

So what are the items that you did end up modding? :D

For those warranty over, any workshops in the West to intro? With the removal of warranty restrictions now, there's no real must to go back agent for normal oil change servicings at the least. Agents cannot anyhow void this and that with no basis.

Are you sure Boh?

Ruling from toothless tiger?

Well... the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore said they have already obtained cooperation and agreement from major car dealers. CCCS is a statutory board which administers and enforces the Competition Act, I would on face value give it some weight there. Do you have some bad experience that you are sore about?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/restrictions-on-car-servicing-repairs-and-parts-to-be-lifted-competition-watchdog

https://www.cccs.gov.sg/media-and-publications/media-releases/major-car-dealers-amend-warranty-terms

...obtained the cooperation of the following car dealers that are authorised distributors for the respective car brands shown in parentheses: Alpine Motors Pte. Ltd. (Chevrolet), Borneo Motors (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Toyota and Lexus), Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte. Ltd. (Citroen, KIA, Mercedes Benz and Mitsubishi), Eurokars Group of Companies (Porsche, Mazda and MINI), Kah Motor Co. Sdn. Bhd. (Honda), Komoco Motors Pte. Ltd. (Hyundai), Motor Image Enterprises Pte. Ltd. (Subaru), Performance Motors Ltd. (BMW), and Tan Chong Motor Sales Pte. Ltd. (Nissan).

• Praise 1

Hi guys, just to check anyone of you install IROAD camera on your merc? Are you having any problem? 

My BMW currently using IROAD V7 wanted to dismantle and bring it over to my new merc but i understood from my SE if i do so my electronic warranty will be void [mad] . he mention that if i direct tag into merc battery or i buy a battery pack also useless as it will screw up the car system?? 

Well... the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore said they have already obtained cooperation and agreement from major car dealers. CCCS is a statutory board which administers and enforces the Competition Act, I would on face value give it some weight there. Do you have some bad experience that you are sore about?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/restrictions-on-car-servicing-repairs-and-parts-to-be-lifted-competition-watchdog

https://www.cccs.gov.sg/media-and-publications/media-releases/major-car-dealers-amend-warranty-terms

U are really naive to believe it.

Have you check with C&C/Merc Singapore on the fine print?

Hi guys, just to check anyone of you install IROAD camera on your merc? Are you having any problem? 

My BMW currently using IROAD V7 wanted to dismantle and bring it over to my new merc but i understood from my SE if i do so my electronic warranty will be void [mad] . he mention that if i direct tag into merc battery or i buy a battery pack also useless as it will screw up the car system?? 

Ask your SE what about charging of battery pack via Ciggy port?

Ask your SE to throw in a set, they install ones shouldn't void warranty.

Essentially Merc is pretty pedantic about the warranty issue..

So unless you want to be the first test case, just take the set they give you.. unless you opted out of that deal to cut the selling price..

Typically they do offer front and rear cameras, Nano, and a few other items as part of their Essentials package.

So unless you want to be the first test case, just take the set they give you.. unless you opted out of that deal to cut the selling price..

Typically they do offer front and rear cameras, Nano, and a few other items as part of their Essentials package.

No matter pedantic C&C is, C&C can't void warranty as long as car electrical is NOT "tampered".

Supercharged

today sent in my car for service .. 3yrs and i ask if can buy extented warranty. they told merc dont offer extended warranty one.. hmmm i ask myself. is it because very reliable no need extended or very unreliable that they dont dare to offer extended warranty

also just sharing... i was told today.. my wife merc service credit can be transfer to me..if mine is not enough..

actually like that is good 

Supercharged

today sent in my car for service .. 3yrs and i ask if can buy extented warranty. they told merc dont offer extended warranty one.. hmmm i ask myself. is it because very reliable no need extended or very unreliable that they dont dare to offer extended warranty

also just sharing... i was told today.. my wife merc service credit can be transfer to me..if mine is not enough..

actually like that is good

I touched the electrical wiring cos my 3rd party camera has a battery pack installed in the boot.

After close to 3 years and changing car battery plus brake pads and servicing over the years, still got about $1500 service credits left. Can tahan one more year of servicing at least........ wonder when is the expensive one cos my mileage only 36k so far.

Supercharged

I touched the electrical wiring cos my 3rd party camera has a battery pack installed in the boot.

After close to 3 years and changing car battery plus brake pads and servicing over the years, still got about $1500 service credits left. Can tahan one more year of servicing at least........ wonder when is the expensive one cos my mileage only 36k so far.

me 3yrs and mileage is only 22k haha.. the expensive i was told is the 60k and 120k and so on.. avg about $2900 for this servicing if done at CnC.

I think there's a real issue with the modern car and it's demand on the battery..

I just heard about a colleague who has an A Class, 13k on the odo, less than 18 months old and he couldn't start his car.

Not enough long distance driving some may say, but shouldn't Merc (or other makers for that matter), either design a battery strong enough or build in another battery so we can do what we want with the car?

I think there's a real issue with the modern car and it's demand on the battery..

I just heard about a colleague who has an A Class, 13k on the odo, less than 18 months old and he couldn't start his car.

Not enough long distance driving some may say, but shouldn't Merc (or other makers for that matter), either design a battery strong enough or build in another battery so we can do what we want with the car?

Maybe the Auto-Stop/Start drains the battery faster than if there's no Auto-S/S?

• Praise 1

It is a Singapore problem. Can't blame manufacturers.

Under low mileage condition, fuel pump may also fail prematurely.

Supercharged

Not sure if I can say this here .. I am changing my wife mercedes a180 but she still have 3k service credit .. who want to buy things ? We can make special arrangement .. pm me

Not sure if I can say this here .. I am changing my wife mercedes a180 but she still have 3k service credit .. who want to buy things ? We can make special arrangement .. pm me

Itchy butt

Or

Car Boh lat