Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Going to get some flak but many SUV drivers drive over humps like gu nian, negating one of the main benefits of getting a SUV. Sometimes at the causeway, where humps are free, they drive like they have sensitive ass, darn jialat.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Can any GLC owner share thier ride experience if you even driven a sedan and now a SUV, how is the switch over feel like. I personally think suv is bumpy. Planning to get a GLC

definitely going to be very different experience. go for test drive and decide from there whether you are ok with the ride experience. get your OC and kids along if they are particular. all the best!

Haha... I have the same concern. Love the GLC. I am not so worried over the bumpy ride (SUV eats hump for breakfast, lunch and dinner), it is the body roll and stability at high speed that I am not sure I can tolerate over the long run.

But if you are moving from a floaty Japanese sedan to a high end conti SUV with good suspension set up, you might not feel the difference.

Love to hear the views of GLC owners.

Hearsay, G wagen has not issue in taking high speed corner.  I believe GLC should be no issue.

Nowadays, SUV is meant to be use on the road.  It will be more road-biased.

I believe it will have no issue in term of body roll and stability at high speed.

Hearsay, G wagen has not issue in taking high speed corner. I believe GLC should be no issue.

Nowadays, SUV is meant to be use on the road. It will be more road-biased.

I believe it will have no issue in term of body roll and stability at high speed.

Between a SUV and a sedan of the same make and class, more body roll and lesser stability is a given but I agree some SUV are really good at minimizing this problem. For example, crossovers.

I was driven in a Cayenne recently, excellent ride.

Between a SUV and a sedan of the same make and class, more body roll and lesser stability is a given but I agree some SUV are really good at minimizing this problem. For example, crossovers.

I was driven in a Cayenne recently, excellent ride.

Cayenne different league lah.

Cayenne is sport cars on stilt.

Supersonic

Hearsay, G wagen has not issue in taking high speed corner. I believe GLC should be no issue.

Nowadays, SUV is meant to be use on the road. It will be more road-biased.

dont anyhow hearsay then next thing you know, got someone post video of overturned G Wagen on Reckless thread

The higher tyre profile and longer suspension travel contributes to the bumpiness. 

Go test the difference between an 18" wheel (non-RFT) on standard suspension (C&C stock standard test drive u it) vs a 19" wheel RFT with slight lower and firmer sports suspension of the AMG line. I prefer the latter setup. 

From sedan to suv. There will be more lateral movements from uneven surface and cornering. That can make rear passengers feel like they are being jostled laterally abit more. As before, firmer and lower suspension with larger wheels helps mitigate this side effects better. 

IMHO, get the 4matic with 45:55 front rear split. It is a very good to have for increased road holding during bends and curve esp in the wet or sandy condition. 

Can any GLC owner share thier ride experience if you even driven a sedan and now a SUV, how is the switch over feel like. I personally think suv is bumpy. Planning to get a GLC

• Praise 1

In short :"illegal & unauthorised software defeat devices, to recall more than 200,000 cars in Germany. They monitor cars manufacturers outside of Germany. Metadata er manufacturers and seeing that their test values sometimes go through the roof. But can't do anything because they get the approvals in their own country."

Mainly affected are MB diesel cars.

C&C don't bring in diesel cars.

PI MB diesel cars...... To be recalled to detune the engine (literally since emission defeat programming is basically just throwing any emission control out for sake of more power), good luck to the effort.

If I am a PI MB diesel car owner... I will not bother...and I will make sure they do not flash any update when I go servicing.  :D

PI MB diesel cars...... To be recalled to detune the engine (literally since emission defeat programming is basically just throwing any emission control out for sake of more power), good luck to the effort.

If I am a PI MB diesel car owner... I will not bother...and I will make sure they do not flash any update when I go servicing. :D

Yes, suddenly lose a few horses that you have paid for.

my car jerks sometimes when i'm in gear 3 or 4, my foot is off the accelerator or break and the car is cruising and slowing down to 38-40km/hr. anyone have any idea what it could be?

Oh yeah, forgot all about the new inspection requirements. It should be measured against the models' baseline emission specification right?

I wonder if they go by the specs submitted during homologation (if  LTA even bother to test the emission themselves at all).

Yes, suddenly lose a few horses that you have paid for.

Twincharged

If I am a PI MB diesel car owner... I will not bother...and I will make sure they do not flash any update when I go servicing.  :D

hahah. of course. for PI cars, keep the power and pollute!

Oh yeah, forgot all about the new inspection requirements. It should be measured against the models' baseline emission specification right?

I wonder if they go by the specs submitted during homologation (if  LTA even bother to test the emission themselves at all).

meaning measure CO2? nah doubt they measure anything listed on the VES. too tough and difficult to implement, no manufacturer will also guarantee this after 2-3years.

I juz for my inspection.  Every car has to pass the same benchmark