Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

@radx recommend one.....I say above average among all I saw at C&C. [:p]

Any comments on male vs female car sales person? Somehow I always find it easier to deal with a male sales person.
↡ Advertisement

I also hope not... :D

Seriously, she is pretty accommodating with regards to answering my questions, request for change in options during the 7 mth wait leading up to the delivery of my car. After delivery also will revert promptly on any queries and if she don't know the answer, she will find out before replying. Let's just say If I am buying another merc down the line, I will still get from her.

yeah, the SEs at C&C are generally a bit more experienced so they wont be giving flippant answers. 

So far for male SEs, I find it a turn off when they try to buddy up to you and when they starts to spout rubbishing technical info about the car, their ego also makes it harder to correct themselves. 

to me, I just need an SE who is responsive and not afraid to say he/she don't know certain technical aspect of the car or the deal, willing to find out what he/she don't know and of course give me a decent deal.

Any comments on male vs female car sales person? Somehow I always find it easier to deal with a male sales person.

• Praise 2

for me easier to deal with female. especially when u find those junior one. they tend to be more hard for sales. 

for me easier to deal with female. especially when u find those junior one. they tend to be more hard for sales.

True.the newbies are More hungry and willing to accommodate more. Those old birds have the take it or leave it attitude. Find females tougher negotiators. Unwilling to budge much.

True.the newbies are More hungry and willing to accommodate more. Those old birds have the take it or leave it attitude. Find females tougher negotiators. Unwilling to budge much.

nowadays i also have attitude. cannot meet my needs then dont buy lor. go another brand lor. old already so same category cars all feel the same to me. drive slower and slower already. no more zoom zoom..

sure got one brand meet expectation one. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am very easy going, actual time needed is quite short but there may be some waiting. Maybe around 2 hours. 

Also some people may want to inspect every inch of the car and this will take longer. Some may even use this checklist, then you will need even longer. Then can be 3 or more hours.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/1802820-new-car-checklist/

Thanks everyone! Collected today and took about an hour. Just happy to collect the new ride and enjoying it!

Ya I also find females very "ngeh"

But generally I prefer to deal with guys. Easier to talk to.

Interesting.  My experience quite the opposite. I spent one year talking to a young SE for my merc who refused to budge on loan quantum (50%), loan tenure (5 years), no GPS.  Gave up and booked car through him but fortunately deal fell through due to his miscommunication so I went on friend's referral of his experienced SE.  Outcome within a week with virtually no haggling - loan quantum reduced (70k) , loan tenure reduced (3 years) and he threw in GPS without even me asking.  I assumed it was because the young SE maybe had limited flexibility while the seasoned guys are given more flexibility by management.  

Certainly individual experiences with SEs may vary

For merc and other Conti cars, those seasoned SEs who have been with companies for many years, they have their personal portfolio of

regular customers and their referrals,

For offers, they have the experience to size customers up, if they can secure higher deal, they will stick with it and say no more discount esp

to newbie buyers

But with their regular customers or referrals, its a different ball game, some customers just order over phone without even viewing the car 

The flip side is that if you are an experienced buyer, you will know how to get a better nego deal

For Merc, obviously any model from E and above, big discounts can be nego since their margin is so high

freebies and accessories are the easiest to get for any model   

Interesting.  My experience quite the opposite. I spent one year talking to a young SE for my merc who refused to budge on loan quantum (50%), loan tenure (5 years), no GPS.  Gave up and booked car through him but fortunately deal fell through due to his miscommunication so I went on friend's referral of his experienced SE.  Outcome within a week with virtually no haggling - loan quantum reduced (70k) , loan tenure reduced (3 years) and he threw in GPS without even me asking.  I assumed it was because the young SE maybe had limited flexibility while the seasoned guys are given more flexibility by management.  

• Praise 4

Ah OK. Then how about those 7 year old e250?

The C&C E250 are all manufactured in Germany, I was told, so built quality should be acceptable. Hearsay from a friend driving a 7 years old E200 it is reasonably reliable. His last major repair bill came from a change of timing chain, other than that, bo tua tai ji.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/overview-w212-e-class-reliability-common-problems/

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Certainly individual experiences with SEs may vary

For merc and other Conti cars, those seasoned SEs who have been with companies for many years, they have their personal portfolio of

regular customers and their referrals,

For offers, they have the experience to size customers up, if they can secure higher deal, they will stick with it and say no more discount esp

to newbie buyers

But with their regular customers or referrals, its a different ball game, some customers just order over phone without even viewing the car 

The flip side is that if you are an experienced buyer, you will know how to get a better nego deal

For Merc, obviously any model from E and above, big discounts can be nego since their margin is so high

freebies and accessories are the easiest to get for any model   

Good point!  I guess if it is a referral, the SE would feel compelled to give a better deal.  

The C&C E250 are all manufactured in Germany, I was told, so built quality should be acceptable. Hearsay from a friend driving a 7 years old E200 it is reasonably reliable. His last major repair bill came from a change of timing chain, other than that, bo tua tai ji.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/overview-w212-e-class-reliability-common-problems/

The timing sprockets is a known design flaw that plagues all the 1.8 engines. If Properly designed, there is no need to change the Chain and sprockets till maybe 300-400k km.
  • Praise 1

Ah OK. Then how about those 7 year old e250?

Personally I will not recommend an E230 that is more than 10 years old as more serious problems will appear after 10 years. A newer E250 is of course better than a COE car. I think a 6-7 year old E250 is an ok idea and may be generally major problem-free. Pray no lemon.

But bear in mind COE may spike in 4 years' time with the 10-year boom bust cycle, a new car will ride the cycle better.

Edited by andrewyewkc

Hi, just wondering how much time I should set aside for new car collection? Thanks!

u collecting where? at the republic auto there or alexandra ? merc dont have very good car collection experience. my previous wearnes car collection is the best. in aircon..ask you flip over the cloth covering the car..take pic.. cut cake so nice...merc hand over at car park..i heard lexus is good.

i took about 2hrs .. i transfer thing from car to car to exact same place . told the SA dont help.. i very particular where to put the things.

Personally I will not recommend an E230 that is more than 10 years old as more serious problems will appear after 10 years. A newer E250 is of course better than a COE car. I think a 6-7 year old E250 is an ok idea and may be generally major problem-free. Pray no lemon.

But bear in mind COE may spike in 4 years' time with the 10-year boom bust cycle, a new car will ride the cycle better.

COE may spike in 4 years' time with the 10-year boom bust cycle. can enlighten me?

@radx recommend one.....I say above average among all I saw at C&C. [:p]

bmw one more chio.. got one ah lian looking one always wear short short. then keep walk light .... very distracting when explaining to me on the package. dont know to see paper or see light. hahahaha. but light doesnt work on me.

↡ Advertisement