Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Hi, just gotten my new A class

Is it necessary to do a 1k servicing? Since my PI gave 6x free servicing, maybe can should save it later if 1k not required.

↡ Advertisement

Is it necessary to do a 1k servicing? Since my PI gave 6x free servicing, maybe can should save it later if 1k not required.

I got my GLA from C&C in late Dec'18. The SE said 1st servicing is 15k and do not need the 1k run in. She said Merc is build in this way. So should save the 1k run in for your next 10k and 15k servicing.

If u needs to ask,dat means it’s not alrite.

Its in black & white if anything wrong,I will make sure Dey gives

me a new engine back,,realli?

Actually nothing will go wrong,heard of ppl,one year

also nvr go service but still running around.

U gotta have some mechanical sympathy for dis kind of things.

All mating surface,got to run in,what happens to the

after product of it, lots of crust left behind floating

round yr engine.Nah,its no good.

The market is veri competitive,lots of promo,buy one

service,one service FREE also got,check out one zone.

Try to go the Jurong branch.

Juzz Ensure Dey gives u mb filter or it might void yr warranty!

I’m not surprise dis kind of Q crops up,cny time,strikes up

a conversation with a new w205 owner who dunno what’s

dis 9G on the boot is for.

• Praise 1

Saw a number of c180/c200k with coe renewed. Any special things to take note of for such cars in terms of maintenance cost ?

Servicing wise should be fairly simple in terms of oil change.

Dis is a veri good car.

My first foray into the world of MB is a C180 kompressor

Own for more than 1 year & it was awesome & I juzz step off a camry,I tell u ,its in a different league ,trust me.

It’s whispering quiet in the cabin & u can’t hear the tack tack tack noise when u stop next to a taxi@the lights.

I can hear it in my camry!

Actually,u can still find one owner w204 easily, there's a lot of condo

dwellers who cling on to their prized possession still waiting for the right time!

Its a RWD ,its basically how u separates premium with the bread & butter cars, so are some entry level A,B,CLA merk.

its juzz so sublime.drives beautifully,anybody who have not driven a rwd,should have a go.

The local motorist,am afraid, 're very obsessed in buying NEW.

U lose a bloody arm & leg in buying new.

For a preown price u can 've lots of choice on conti makes & if u realli into it,u 'll b surprise how affordable some contis are.

Most of dis type of model depreciate a lot,all bcos ppl who can afford one's ,prefer to buy new&those buyer who cannot afford ,can juzz stare & admire .

But of coarse,there's a trick to all dis madness?

•Get the dealer to give u some sort of warranty(in b & w),dis 204 got the steering lock issue(some got it,some dun)try to cover it with warranty

tot I saw some dealer offering up to a year warranty

•buy from republic,a wing of c&c,

dey only sell the good ones,the rest, farm out to dealers,naturally dey cost a bit more.

•Than set aside 3-4k to sort it out,all the blemishes

Go to @ least 2 independent w/shop for a thorough inspection check,replace those dat was no good.

service ,replace all fluid,especially ATF.

With all done,dis premium brand,'ll b as good as new .

Dun forget ,dis type of car, cost in a region of 200 big ones,easily.

Sit back & enjoy the x'perience.

Believe it or not the 10 yrs old C gives u 156 horses(a lot during its time)but surprise surprise the new 9G also give u the same but torque difference of coarse.

And one more thing,original mb brake pad is famous for beingi dusty.

Once u change to dis brand ,everything will b Swee Swee with some good grooming ,its almost pass off as NEW.

Go for it.

Hi Merc drivers,

Would like to know how much it will cost to change the full suspension system of the W221 S class.

Thanks.

Everybody says it x’pensive but the airmatic is the pride of the S class.

Without it,the S is half of what it is.

But I heard nowadays many ppl bring it in,its not so costly as what it used to b,call & check price,u might b surprise.

But the best thing is Accord auto in Bukit Merah have a kit(from mb) to overhaul it.

Talk to ah soon,the chief,he can give u the lowdown.

Do it?

• Praise 1

Wow, special winter camouflage..

Uniquely Singapore.... so much thought placed into the design of the sheet metal, but end up camouflaged like those decals used to camouflage test cars.

Uniquely Singapore.... so much thought placed into the design of the sheet metal, but end up camouflaged like those decals used to camouflage test cars.

Other countries use wrap too. Its not just SG.
  • Praise 1

Dis is a veri good car.

My first foray into the world of MB is a C180 kompressor

Own for more than 1 year & it was awesome & I juzz step off a camry,I tell u ,its in a different league ,trust me.

Itâs whispering quiet in the cabin & u canât hear the tack tack tack noise when u stop next to a taxi@the lights.

I can hear it in my camry!

Actually,u can still find one owner w204 easily, there's a lot of condo

dwellers who cling on to their prized possession still waiting for the right time!

Its a RWD ,its basically how u separates premium with the bread & butter cars, so are some entry level A,B,CLA merk.

its juzz so sublime.drives beautifully,anybody who have not driven a rwd,should have a go.

The local motorist,am afraid, 're very obsessed in buying NEW.

U lose a bloody arm & leg in buying new.

For a preown price u can 've lots of choice on conti makes & if u realli into it,u 'll b surprise how affordable some contis are.

Most of dis type of model depreciate a lot,all bcos ppl who can afford one's ,prefer to buy new&those buyer who cannot afford ,can juzz stare & admire .

But of coarse,there's a trick to all dis madness?

â¢Get the dealer to give u some sort of warranty(in b & w),dis 204 got the steering lock issue(some got it,some dun)try to cover it with warranty

tot I saw some dealer offering up to a year warranty

â¢buy from republic,a wing of c&c,

dey only sell the good ones,the rest, farm out to dealers,naturally dey cost a bit more.

â¢Than set aside 3-4k to sort it out,all the blemishes

Go to @ least 2 independent w/shop for a thorough inspection check,replace those dat was no good.

service ,replace all fluid,especially ATF.

With all done,dis premium brand,'ll b as good as new .

Dun forget ,dis type of car, cost in a region of 200 big ones,easily.

Sit back & enjoy the x'perience.

Believe it or not the 10 yrs old C gives u 156 horses(a lot during its time)but surprise surprise the new 9G also give u the same but torque difference of coarse.

And one more thing,original mb brake pad is famous for beingi dusty.

Once u change to dis brand ,everything will b Swee Swee with some good grooming ,its almost pass off as NEW.

Go for it.

Yea. I think its Chinese obsession...getting new. LOL. I am a Chinese and I will get new if I can. I dun like inheriting other problems. I owned 2nd hand b4 because I really loved that model & it was out of production. Got a good deal on it but I had to resolve issues that came with it. I went in both eyes opened & fixed them. Finally i traded it off to AD. A khaki got wind immediately bought it on 3rd day. So buying 2nd hand aint too bad, u might get good ones.

Wow, special winter camouflage..

Y winter?

Dun see those winter around,perhaps come x’mas time,where the snows starts to flow,I especially like the Woodlands one ,a DIY one @ basically using his own cost.

What a Maverick,what a guy

Not bad, pickup is nice. But then, too much traffic lights + heavy traffic, so cant test much of car. Surprisingly, the steering wheel is very light!

Anyway, anyone has good recommendation on PI? Am looking at the premium model; 10inch lcd, amg body kit (without e pano roof though)

Can consider Vincar ... i bought mine there, found them pretty good.

• Praise 2

Yea. I think its Chinese obsession...getting new. LOL. I am a Chinese and I will get new if I can. I dun like inheriting other problems. I owned 2nd hand b4 because I really loved that model & it was out of production. Got a good deal on it but I had to resolve issues that came with it. I went in both eyes opened & fixed them. Finally i traded it off to AD. A khaki got wind immediately bought it on 3rd day. So buying 2nd hand aint too bad, u might get good ones.

As I always maintain ,dats a trick to all dis madness.sorting out all

all those old cars.

U gotta set aside some Budget to do it up.

Ideally,everybody not onli the Chinese, should all buy new hope dats not too much to ask,

Thanks the lucky star, we can only purchase new @ least

once in dis lifetime!

@least we noe,what’s the fuss is all about ,least we noe how’s a new car smells like.

Besides all those,u juzz lose too much ,juzz for dat x’perience.

Not selling this, but thanks to bro @richard_crl032 for helping me with this:

Road noise is diminished, especially at speed. Nice result for not a lot of $$

post-173193-0-62380600-1550033307_thumb.jpeg

post-173193-0-37586000-1550033314_thumb.jpeg

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1