Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Not selling this, but thanks to bro @richard_crl032 for helping me with this:

Road noise is diminished, especially at speed. Nice result for not a lot of $$

I've been looking for this too! Can share where to buy, how much is it and what's the length or number of packs required for 4 doors?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You gotta pm bro Richard... It's only suitable for the middle section. Talk to him. He is the mod guru man. Really nice man :)

One packet is enough for two doors.

• Praise 1

Not selling this, but thanks to bro @richard_crl032 for helping me with this:

Road noise is diminished, especially at speed. Nice result for not a lot of $$

is yours tapered at one end and there are metal clips inside the rubber? I installed one before on my previous car. doesnt really stop the noise but more importantly it prevents the door hinge area from being dusty.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rubber-door-seal-noise-insulation-car-door-seal-3m-auto-seals-2pcs-85cm-car-door-weatherstrip/32832750144.html?spm=2114.search0604.3.53.1fce25c20T4j2T&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10065_10068_10890_319_10546_10059_10884_317_10548_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10307_537_536_10902,searchweb201603_57,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=10efef05-5118-4486-9594-cecdb91d460f-7&algo_pvid=10efef05-5118-4486-9594-cecdb91d460f

Edited by Mkl22

Hi mkl22,

No clip and ends are cut to length.

The aliexpress one has this big D which I dun prefer cos may make closing door difficult which the amon one does not.

Guess depend on your car design and certainly help a bit for mazda 6 for sgd10 ... SP takes a lot more indeed and helps a bit on dust but cannot find similar for front door and fender gap like those you see as stock on s class and 5 series above .. pls share if seen

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Very tempted to get this 1 owner stock W124 at only $3.8K annual dep.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=801359&DL=3488

Other than the usual air con and radiator issues, another other interent faults I should look out for?

Everybody going on abt the annual depreciation.

I tell u what ,its over rated !

The most important bit , is get what u realli wanted.

If u buy on impulse or buy due to some Low depreciation rate,some promo.

The car of yr choice is the most important factor.

If u choose the wrong car,the feeling is juzz not there & u gonna soldier on till u get rid of it.

Dis goes to new or preown car,it must b something dat u lusted for.

Think abt it?

im getting wind noise near B pillar above 90km/hr .... tried to use dr artex red wind but no use also 

what else can be done ah ? change all the rubber seals ?

Edited by hpy090909

Such a Wonderful Wish

Some say its more than a Badge [:)]

Header5-3.png

post-24957-0-41699000-1549934281_thumb.j

Sorri,dis a bit Looooong

But...........

My veri brush with an actual I.C.E ('ve dab some in school)is in the army.

After my vehicle Mechanic training,veri Long,I must add,was posted to transport base,dats where all the vehicles 're stored & maintain.

Dey throw me in the 3 tonner section where those huge saf truck is ferrying all the troops around.

I 've no license , bike ,car or truck!

So dis is my veri first step in the World of internal combustion engine(ice).

Omg,my eyes wide open.

the flat six is work of art,loves to adjust the tappets of those diesel but dey 're only 2 Valvers so gotta screw in, screw out only 12 times.

Always amaze @ the robust of dis marque where dey put their badge into everything , truck,ute,taxi & basically anything dat move & still remain premium ,even joint venture with lesser brand might add up to an identity crisis ,now even CKD unit in Malaysia,omg

I'm always captivated with the built , construction , silhouettes of the MB & I always tell myself,one day, juzz one day.........

Fast forward many many years.

Been thru Japanese,korean, Italian

(dat was a bike)even a Korean diesel(taxi)

Its time to pull the trigger.

Gotta b RWD & force induction ,I tell myself , so I pick up a w204(no enuff money,so preown)

Oh ,yes.

Its x'actly what I x'pected & a bit more.

U noe what dey says abt meeting up with yr hero?

It can b suck & suck big time.

I tell u a story,after weeks picking it up,I was @ Tan Tock seng going down the spiral carpark,one of the car was stuck @

mezzanine floor & needs to move a bit right to b on my way down & before i noe it,@ the corner of the rear view mirror, i saw my right rear door touching the pillar wall ,wtf !

I 've alrady gone in abt 2" & dun realli feel it !

Dis is what's its all about ,the serendity ,

the comfort & the way dey glide thru bump.

Not the car for the purist but there always the Aufrechtpach version.

U drive one of these & u move off from the lights slow ,car dun even bother horn or flash u,even the cabby unkle look the other way(cos we 're old fart).

Another beauty ,when we needs to merge or filter lanes,its juzz a Breeze,no body wan's to block or gives old fart a hard time.

Another classic one?

If u wan's to noe,if yr pride & joy , make it or not,try go & visit yr friend who stays in one of those flashy condo.drive up to the gate & juzz wave yr hand.

if the security personnel stops u & ask,where u 're going?

Well.................

Me?

I juzz happi to tick one of the box In my bucket list.

Well,more than happi,cos Iast year I 've upgraded to another class.

• Praise 1

Everybody going on abt the annual depreciation.

I tell u what ,its over rated !

The most important bit , is get what u realli wanted.

If u buy on impulse or buy due to some Low depreciation rate,some promo.

The car of yr choice is the most important factor.

If u choose the wrong car,the feeling is juzz not there & u gonna soldier on till u get rid of it.

Dis goes to new or preown car,it must b something dat u lusted for.

Think abt it?

My choice car is the Maserati Ghibli. Obviously, that is not within my budget.

• Praise 1

I've been looking for this too! Can share where to buy, how much is it and what's the length or number of packs required for 4 doors?

Hey jaffa,

Unfortunately, this only fit gap between front and rear doors.

Rear door gap still need tiong solution which is fine while still looking for mentioned front door/fender gap.

Links provided in response to bro mkl22.

Every bits helps .. autofoam is one especially since barely 5kg before venturing to heavy and FC killing 2-3 layers of bitumen, close cell foam and fiber carpet into doors and floor ad well as stuffing 3M insulation into entire dashboard but for me, having my fxt quieten is very satisfactory now.

Cheers.

Richard

Tiagong that for Bentley/RR, the delivery is a cocktail reception with champagne where you can invite your relatives and friends to partake in the joyous occasion... 

That is non-mediocre level liao.... :D

In Singapore, often the secretary delivers the final cheque. In most cases, car is delivered to your door step. Any celebrates comes on your birthday, depending on your race (* festive) and when there is a new model.

On a serious note:

wondered if you can give your unbias opinion on 

BMW 7 versus Merc S series

Thank you.

• Praise 1

Hey jaffa,

Unfortunately, this only fit gap between front and rear doors.

Rear door gap still need tiong solution which is fine while still looking for mentioned front door/fender gap.

Links provided in response to bro mkl22.

Every bits helps .. autofoam is one especially since barely 5kg before venturing to heavy and FC killing 2-3 layers of bitumen, close cell foam and fiber carpet into doors and floor ad well as stuffing 3M insulation into entire dashboard but for me, having my fxt quieten is very satisfactory now.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard. Where did you get the installation done?

For the Autofoam, is it at the wheel arch? Where to do and how muchie?

Thanks Richard. Where did you get the installation done?

For the Autofoam, is it at the wheel arch? Where to do and how muchie?

Hi Jaffa,

The middle door seal ? Bought online from link and install myself .. easily peasy 5-10 mins job.

For autofoam, it was myr3.3k for ultimate and only place is KL Auto in KL since they moved away from Singapore decade ago .. enclosed picture worth many words but basically into chassis beams, a, b, c etc. columns and 2nd photo show harden foam on front beam on driver's side that support the subframe, engine, etc. which I did not break off to show autofoam treated.

They also did the other seals on bonnet, tailgate etc. for me and kaki with also forester tried mine and cannot tahan .. he did also complete typical SP for about another myr4k for doors, wheelarch and floor pan which is more cost effective and suffice than my sgd3.5k done locally.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-20459000-1550068687_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-98668300-1550069010_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-32321800-1550069020_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Such a Wonderful Wish

Some say its more than a Badge [:)]

Header5-3.png

post-24957-0-41699000-1549934281_thumb.j

Talk gear:s random quick story with the...............mercedes 35