Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

i have share my thoughts in the C class chat and i think members should have another point of view

this post is definitely written by a SE (Sale Executive , or a complete Newbie whose name is Robert that kena Carrot)

simple, cos the post left out a few key factors

1) Firstly the promo Pohtk received is very standard nothing special at all to be honest,

anyone walk in the doors of Cycle will receive the same package 

the Merc Festiva (22-24 Mar) also offer 12K OT, 6K Service Credits & COE Rebate at 39K , option 2-7 (is standard)

2) what is missing is that, Pohtk did not mention (assume that he does not know ) is the trade in price

he has to sell a car to enjoy OT, what was he driving prior? what is the price quoted by RA ?

was it a "fair price"?

the trade in price after the SE / Republic Auto can be Neg again, (if you do your homework and know the actual sale price, but lets be fair to Republic auto they do need to make 2-3K off your ride for admin charges, etc)

3) there is actually a "commission per car" from the SE (which i know but i cannot say, due to NDA), dun believe the SE cock story, i only earn $500 - $1000 from the sale. FAKE NEWS, that is only if you pay the car in FULL CASH. 

as long you take loans, decent amt, they have a good buffer. they have X amt (a few k) to play with you.

so Pohtk so call "good SE" didnt even bother to give him a bit of discount at all? - give him the full RRP of C klass?

also the loan % also fake news, it is not 60%.

the number of years can also be NEG, just ask any AMG 65 /63 owners, on average they pay $100,000 over 1 year, just to compensate and token of appreciation to their SE for the admin work. 

so Pohtk took the max number of years loand at 60% ?  is that your package? 

4) after the SE level of "discount", there is still "senior managment discount" , but that one you need to really know someone inside, either Cycle, RA or Diamler. How much they give you, is another topic

5) the discount given in option 4 can be via soft credits (service credits) or higher OT or outright discount.

6) do you know the Service credits can be converted into actual discount?

this is esp useful if you are given $8-10K service credits but you are confident that you will change car into a different brand within the next 1-2 year and will not use finish the service credits.

the above information is actually quite a "open secret" and any one in the auto sales industry or old birds who buy cars from AD can confirm are real. 

cheers!

any members who dont believe what i have said, can easily join any local Merc chat group and check for yourself.

if not you are most welcome to join their Merc MU and ask directly to the OLD BIRDS. They can share with you additional goodies tips.

I've replied it in the C class thread:

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2708691-mercedes-c-class-2018/page-17?do=findComment&comment=6651179

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

may I ask usually how many % loan is taken and repaid in how many years (when purchased from C&C)

is it 50% and 5 years repayment period?

i have share my thoughts in the C class chat and i think members should have another point of view

this post is definitely written by a SE (Sale Executive , or a complete Newbie whose name is Robert that kena Carrot)

simple, cos the post left out a few key factors

1) Firstly the promo Pohtk received is very standard nothing special at all to be honest,

anyone walk in the doors of Cycle will receive the same package

the Merc Festiva (22-24 Mar) also offer 12K OT, 6K Service Credits & COE Rebate at 39K , option 2-7 (is standard)

2) what is missing is that, Pohtk did not mention (assume that he does not know ) is the trade in price

he has to sell a car to enjoy OT, what was he driving prior? what is the price quoted by RA ?

was it a "fair price"?

the trade in price after the SE / Republic Auto can be Neg again, (if you do your homework and know the actual sale price, but lets be fair to Republic auto they do need to make 2-3K off your ride for admin charges, etc)

3) there is actually a "commission per car" from the SE (which i know but i cannot say, due to NDA), dun believe the SE cock story, i only earn $500 - $1000 from the sale. FAKE NEWS, that is only if you pay the car in FULL CASH.

as long you take loans, decent amt, they have a good buffer. they have X amt (a few k) to play with you.

so Pohtk so call "good SE" didnt even bother to give him a bit of discount at all? - give him the full RRP of C klass?

also the loan % also fake news, it is not 60%.

the number of years can also be NEG, just ask any AMG 65 /63 owners, on average they pay $100,000 over 1 year, just to compensate and token of appreciation to their SE for the admin work.

so Pohtk took the max number of years loand at 60% ? is that your package?

4) after the SE level of "discount", there is still "senior managment discount" , but that one you need to really know someone inside, either Cycle, RA or Diamler. How much they give you, is another topic

5) the discount given in option 4 can be via soft credits (service credits) or higher OT or outright discount.

6) do you know the Service credits can be converted into actual discount?

this is esp useful if you are given $8-10K service credits but you are confident that you will change car into a different brand within the next 1-2 year and will not use finish the service credits.

the above information is actually quite a "open secret" and any one in the auto sales industry or old birds who buy cars from AD can confirm are real.

cheers!

any members who dont believe what i have said, can easily join any local Merc chat group and check for yourself.

if not you are most welcome to join their Merc MU and ask directly to the OLD BIRDS. They can share with you additional goodies tips.

Live & let LIVE,bro

As I reiterate,he should post all those numbers before he pulls the trigger NOT when the inks are ready dry.

But u reckon Pohtk is an SE in disguise????

Live & let LIVE,bro

As I reiterate,he should post all those numbers before he pulls the trigger NOT when the inks are ready dry.

But u reckon Pohtk is an SE in disguise????

Hi Fesa,

not i want to be a CB, but really a bit too obvious rite?

where got someone buy a SGD 180-200K item and never ask SE for a few K discount?

KNN, you BANGC*OCK night market, less than SGD $10 item, you also bargain $1-2 discount ....rite ? 

the actual steps which i stated is just a few .... there are many many more (which again i cannot say due to NDA cum I need to use them for myself ... cannot leak all my Discount rite? )

anyone (who has bought a Merc from Cycle) before know the steps .... if you dun know, you can go to SGMERC, there are many topics which guide you, tell you what you can and cannot ask from your SE ....  what is a realistic discount amt, etc 

if you too lazy to go SGMERC forum to search, you are most welcome to join any Merc club MU (SGMERC, MBOS, MERC KAKI, or other Brands, BMW, AUDI) , all the old birds / Moderators can tell you the exact same story ....

• Dislike 1

Twincharged

Hi Fesa,

not i want to be a CB, but really a bit too obvious rite?

where got someone buy a SGD 180-200K item and never ask SE for a few K discount?

KNN, you BANGC*OCK night market, less than SGD $10 item, you also bargain $1-2 discount ....rite ?

the actual steps which i stated is just a few .... there are many many more (which again i cannot say due to NDA cum I need to use them for myself ... cannot leak all my Discount rite? )

anyone (who has bought a Merc from Cycle) before know the steps .... if you dun know, you can go to SGMERC, there are many topics which guide you, tell you what you can and cannot ask from your SE .... what is a realistic discount amt, etc

if you too lazy to go SGMERC forum to search, you are most welcome to join any Merc club MU (SGMERC, MBOS, MERC KAKI, or other Brands, BMW, AUDI) , all the old birds / Moderators can tell you the exact same story ....

Well maybe for some people, it is unbecoming to bargain for such an high end product like a Mercedes. They cannot lower themselves to be though of like a beggar. Thus paying the full asking price preserves their dignity. Hahhahahahhahahaha
  • Praise 2

Well maybe for some people, it is unbecoming to bargain for such an high end product like a Mercedes. They cannot lower themselves to be though of like a beggar. Thus paying the full asking price preserves their dignity. Hahhahahahhahahaha

Those got mooolah oso will bargain.

I think most will try get lowest price with most freebies. Everything can squeeze u try. As long end day, happy can liao.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I do agree somehow. Its not like you walk in to any other showrooms if you know what im saying. Surely you should and ask for discounts but IF the agent says no, you can surely walk off or just take as it is. If you try to goto Mercs showroom now, they very "ya ya" ... their cars sells itself. There are limited incoming stocks, if you don't take it, someone else will (mine you, im not talking about big items like AMG).

So depending on situation and how desperate you are.

Edited by Pohtk

Hi all seniors,

i am looking at 2009 nov c200K w204 pre facelift. gonna renew COE.

question

1) should i renew now (asap) or wait till the end NOV then renew?

2) is it ok i request owner to send to a workshop togather with me to check the condition of the car?

any recomendation for any workshop that does this sevice?

what is the cost for that?

3) RENEW 10YR OR 5 YR COE?

4) Anyone driving it got any advice?

thanks

Hi all seniors,

question

2) is it ok i request owner to send to a workshop togather with me to check the condition of the car?

thanks

1)wait till end Nov then renew in case anything major comes up you still got chance to scrap and not lose your PARF

2) Chip soon , cost dunno 

3) 10 years

4) what advice you want

1)wait till end Nov then renew in case anything major comes up you still got chance to scrap and not lose your PARF

2) Chip soon , cost dunno 

3) 10 years

4) what advice you want

HI Bro thanks for the answer,

1) can i ask why and whats the reason for renew 10 years and not 5 years?

2) for the advice, will really like to know what are the likely wear and tear parts to look out for and also the cost of the repair?

afterall its a 120Km mileage vehicle. 

and of course the overall all expirence of the c200K pros and cons.

finally do all the bros out there recommend me to buy or not to buy a 10 year c200K?

really need more people to guide me on this 1 haha big decision.

thank you very much.

2) for the advice, will really like to know what are the likely wear and tear parts to look out for and also the cost of the repair?

finally do all the bros out there recommend me to buy or not to buy a 10 year c200K?

thank you very much.

IMO, merc is a reliable car , provided your get the maintenance schedule checked and never goes to inferior parts. Genuine or OEM parts is OK.  But why 10 yr renewal , given the fact we are heading to electric?

• Praise 1

thank you very much.

10 years...cos 5 years cannot extend even if you want. Unless you are very sure you won't drive it more than 5 years.

10 years any time you scrap you get back the balance.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Hi all seniors,

question

thanks

renew now if you think by Nov2019 the coe will spike a lot.  your PARF will still be there before the car turns 10years old. if you renew now and then scrap in end Nov, then you get back prorated amount of the COE paid now and your PARF. with Current PQP at 35k you lose about 2k plus in COE, plus whatever price you paid minus PARF and body.

Edited by Mkl22

thank you very much.

1) 10 years cause of flexibility to keep or scrap after 5 years 

2) for my 12 yr old C200K the only major repair was transmission ($3k) , other than that is wear and tear replacement 

typical problems with w204 is the ESL steering lock , crank case magnet , steering wheel/window buttons fading

if i were you, i would look for W212 E250 CGI instead , much better drive , same engine Cc ...more powerful/bigger ...almost same price 

• Praise 1

Hi all seniors,

question

thanks

1) Renew asap because COE is going to spike up

2) Can send to AA or own workshop for inspection

3) 10 YR

4) An others suggested, consider a W212, bigger, better and depreciation just a bit higher.

Older merc may have transmission issue but it can be solved.

1) 10 years cause of flexibility to keep or scrap after 5 years

2) for my 12 yr old C200K the only major repair was transmission ($3k) , other than that is wear and tear replacement

typical problems with w204 is the ESL steering lock , crank case magnet , steering wheel/window buttons fading

if i were you, i would look for W212 E250 CGI instead , much better drive , same engine Cc ...more powerful/bigger ...almost same price

I have to agree. E class built quality is better but buy the W212.