Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Twincharged

Aiyo. How difficult is it to track down a current drain? One word of c&c techs, no skill.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

I fully agree with you. The least they should do is not to profit from this a second time. They told me listed new car price, so that's even before whatever overtrade, financing offer that they usually give to customers. Not forgetting their fat margin. Their reason being that if I sell the car in the market, i will fetch lower price than straight line depreciation. In the first place, I wouldn't have to get rid of the car if it is not a lemon. They also refused to give me their proposed numbers in black and white but only verbally.

To your knowledge regarding their service menu, they had indeed pulled out one item at a time to check voltage. They had completed that and still couldn't identify the problem. Now they have installed some tracker and request to keep my car for another week, ie, 4 weeks in total. All these with no compensation, only a replacement car that's older than my car. So I still have not gotten my car back after 3 weeks.

can imagine your pain. Hope all will be good soon. If the problem is still unsolve after a while, you have at least two ways, others may be able to suggest more:

1. tell them you have given them sufficient time, since they are unable to resolve their product problem, they should give you a very attractive goodwill discount if their proposition is for you to get a new car.

2. worst case, get a trade-in deal with republic auto(their used car division) for a used car that is of the same age, at a very good discount. I am not sure if the could do that and you may have to open up your option to take a different model .

I believe it’s the same at other...sales has their kpi, service has theirs.

...I’d press at service side since it’s in their court of play...

l. All these with no compensation, only a replacement car that's older than my car. So I still have not gotten my car back after 3 weeks.

felt so sorry for your predicament. Must be very frustrating. 

However, if life gives you a lemon, then made a lemonade out of it. 

Think from another angle, you get to clock mileage on the replacement car and not your own car. Maybe you can request for a different model of replacement car from your current one. Chiong north/south highway..  [:p]

6th Gear

from your description every new battery that is replaced is drain-off instantly by a heavy load resistant, it could be a module that is ccted to a floating grd that does not charge the battery when vehicle is moving, so when car is stopped the charge is not there and slowly deteriorating every new battery. Locally, certain parts of the vehicle may not be able to open up here for troubleshooting as I may think some ongoing advises to n fro with the counterpart performing the test. Thought warranty will help to keep the car running in the best condition while having a sound financial protection trough the year.

In all the cars that I have driven, I must say the Mercedes original battery is the best. Even when my car could not start (due to overdraining), AA came to restart my car and measured that my battery life is still above 75% so after letting the alternator charge the battery, I could still use that battery for more than a year. I think I used that battery for more than 3 years in total. Furthermore I had drain that battery everyday by connecting a car camera to it, albeit with a voltage cut-off.

Sad to hear your story, hope C&C offer you a better resolution.

(edited)

In all the cars that I have driven, I must say the Mercedes original battery is the best. Even when my car could not start (due to overdraining), AA came to restart my car and measured that my battery life is still above 75% so after letting the alternator charge the battery, I could still use that battery for more than a year. I think I used that battery for more than 3 years in total. Furthermore I had drain that battery everyday by connecting a car camera to it, albeit with a voltage cut-off.

Sad to hear your story, hope C&C offer you a better resolution.

Mercedes batteries cost an arm and a leg, of course must last longer than normal batteries lah. If go C&C directly, easily $500 whereas same thing outside workshop charges about $350. Batteries for normal jap/kor car cost only about $200~$300 at ADs and cheaper outside. So can last 3 years for Mercedes actually is similar to that for jap/kor car over the same period of time.

For TS, it is either a case of lemon car, or he install something and not being truthful about it. It could be either of the case. I am not going to speculate. It would be good if he could clarify on whether he did install anything in the car, if not end up barking the wrong tree.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

my W205 uses AGM 70 Ah, normally last 2.5 years only MAX, irregardless if its the original VARTA OEM

however, my friend's F10 last almost 4 years abeit it is 80Ah,

I was told since Audi and BMs battery is located near the boot not the trunk, less vibration and heat, hence the batteries last longer

Do the PRC thing.

Go to C&C showroom on Saturday. Tell everyone there don’t buy Merc.

After 3 batteries change, still waiting for 4th change.

• Praise 1

my W205 uses AGM 70 Ah, normally last 2.5 years only MAX, irregardless if its the original VARTA OEM

however, my friend's F10 last almost 4 years abeit it is 80Ah,

I was told since Audi and BMs battery is located near the boot not the trunk, less vibration and heat, hence the batteries last longer

Heat kills battery.

My Mini never last more than 2 yrs using non-AGM battery.

Mercedes batteries cost an arm and a leg, of course must last longer than normal batteries lah. If go C&C directly, easily $500 whereas same thing outside workshop charges about $350. Batteries for normal jap/kor car cost only about $200~$300 at ADs and cheaper outside. So can last 3 years for Mercedes actually is similar to that for jap/kor car over the same period of time.

Haha, you are right lah. 

Do the PRC thing.

Go to C&C showroom on Saturday. Tell everyone there don’t buy Merc.

After 3 batteries change, still waiting for 4th change.

Reminded me of this special advertisement: 全新笨迟漏油型运动轿车,一路. :D :D

https://www.weibo.com/2514069455/Hqowb6bki?type=comment

For the unknown, here is what happened with the case in China.

• Praise 4

Reminded me of this special advertisement:全新笨迟漏油型运动轿车,一路你.  :D :D

https://www.weibo.com/2514069455/Hqowb6bki?type=comment

Recently there is a ATB made a scene in Merc showroom in China.

In the end, that particular dealer has to bear cost of replacement new CLS (I think).

We are too “civilized” to do this stunt. Try it during Saturday. Confirm get new car.

C&C want to avoid bad publicity to sell car.

In the end, that particular dealer has to bear cost of replacement new CLS (I think).

We are too âcivilizedâ to do this stunt. Try it during Saturday. Confirm get new car.

sorry for late reply. had exceeded daily post limit.

really feel like doing it. super upset with C&C. however, every time I tell the sales person I want to go to Alexandra to protest, they will convey that they are reviewing my case again and will work out a fair solution. then time and again, the same old proposal is being repeated. Will give them one more chance this weekend as they promise to give me an answer by Monday. otherwise, see me in the showroom next weekend.

to some other questions:

1) I didn't install anything additional by myself. Dashcam was preinstalled by sales before I take delivery of the car.

2) I drive to work daily, so it's not a case of battery dying from none movement of car.

3) this is not the only problem with my car. earlier issues were resolved, though also only after showing hard evidence that the car's problems were not normal. didn't blow it up as the car was still road worthy.

4) car was purchase at above $210k and new car of same model around $240k Thus with straight line depreciation, I still need to top up around $50k for almost exactly the same car (there is recent facelift).

5) I did ask for a second hand car of same model and condition for 1 for 1 exchange but they said impossible to find because of the facelift, so I have to pay more to change the car.

6) some of you may say that it's fair that I top up for a facelift model with higher COE, but in the first place, I won't want to change my car for almost exactly the same model, 1 year younger, if I have to top up $50k. Even if I buy a new car elsewhere, I will already suffer higher COE. So why should I be the only one suffering losses while C&C still make profit from selling the 2nd car to me? For the same model, PI is more than $20k cheaper too.

7) To reiterate, the car has been with C&C for 3 weeks already, they were supposed to return it to me after 2 weeks of monitoring (as the battery died without warning twice, only the 3rd failure had pre-warning), but only notice some abnormality at the end of the 2 weeks, so requested for another 1.5 weeks extension to further monitor. Software has been reloaded, but honestly, they are still unable to pin down the cause. Thus unable to claim that problem has been resolved.

• Praise 2

(edited)

We are too “civilized” to do this stunt. Try it during Saturday. Confirm get new car.

Unfortunately, I do not think we will be so lucky here in SG to receive a similar treatment.   [:(] 

China is one of the main mkts for Mercedes/Daimler - they can ill afford to have any "missteps" over there. They have to settle it "nicely", much like other luxury brands which have had issues in China. 

In addition to our small mkt, I think the problem in SG is also there is only 1 main authorized dealer for each car brand, unlike teleco, insurance, etc. Even though there are PIs, these are not exactly similar competition. [bigcry]

It is not exactly a level playing field for us consumers, sorry but to put it bluntly - what options do we have & what can we do if we want to buy Mercedes from an AD ?  :beaten:

Edited by dreamybear
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

For TS, it is either a case of lemon car, or he install something and not being truthful about it. It could be either of the case. I am not going to speculate. It would be good if he could clarify on whether he did install anything in the car, if not end up barking the wrong tree.

Unlikely he had installed anything, otherwise C&C would have blamed the installation first. And if any, that would be an easy isolation

, just disconnect the installation from the most upper stream of the source will be able to tell.

Unlikely he had installed anything, otherwise C&C would have blamed the installation first. And if any, that would be an easy isolation

, just disconnect the installation from the most upper stream of the source will be able to tell.

I had been suspicious because TS did not state his case clearly and did not categorically state on this issue. And to me it is highly unusual for an AD to issue a letter disclaiming liabilities unless it has a strong case of owner abuse, with evidence. It would look bad and lose credibility as it could easily be construed by general consumer as an admission of incompetence in solving problems on its products. Very suicidal I would think.

So what I hope is for TS to make enough noise to create some publicity and we then get to hear the story from C&C, then I will decide for myself who is at fault. If TS is as innocent as he claimed with his side of story, he definitely has my utmost sympathy for the trouble he is going through. But at the same time, I do not think it is a common issue over here as Mercedes batteries are famous for being long lasting and never hear much at all about its cars having electrical issues, lets not cast stones and make it like many Mercedes over here is all like that haha.

Unfortunately, I do not think we will be so lucky here in SG to receive a similar treatment.   [:(] 

China is one of the main mkts for Mercedes/Daimler - they can ill afford to have any "missteps" over there. They have to settle it "nicely", much like other luxury brands which have had issues in China. 

In addition to our small mkt, I think the problem in SG is also there is only 1 main authorized dealer for each car brand, unlike teleco, insurance, etc. Even though there are PIs, these are not exactly similar competition. [bigcry]

It is not exactly a level playing field for us consumers, sorry but to put it bluntly - what options do we have & what can we do if we want to buy Mercedes from an AD ?  :beaten:

You will be surprised if you try it.  Park your car in front of C&C.  Put a huge cardboard that says "This is a lemon car".

Someone will pick it up and goes to STOMP.

Rem Monica Baey.  If she didn't sound out through Social Media Network, would the world know?

For telco and insurer, there are just too many of them in such a small market.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1