Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Ask your SE for a copy of excel file calculating the redemption amount & interest you will pay.

Wow, I think u hv a really good SE. [thumbsup]

Most will probably just whatsapp a few figures.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies to my question on early redemption. [thumbsup]

Actually, the SE will always say take up the loan and get the freebies.

I am not sure but I suspect maybe if we vehemently insist on not taking up the loan, C&C may still give the freebies(maybe not so much). Personally, I think the critical freebies r the service credits, front/back camera, and solar flim. Those overpriced backpack, umbrella, head cushions, etc r nice to have only.

For consumers, I guess it is whether the early settlement(a few thousand depending on loan amt) + plus our own admin effort to remember to pay monthly or setup/terminate GIRO just for that few mths or 1 year is worth the critical freebies ...

For C&C, it must be more profitable for them if we take up loans, if not, why not accept full payment which is easier for eveyone - SE, accounts dept and consumers.

• Praise 1

For C&C, it must be more profitable for them if we take up loans, if not, why not accept full payment which is easier for eveyone - SE, accounts dept and consumers.

That's a fact, not only for C&C but all dealers. Sales of car alone does not yield much profit. The bulk of car owners don't change car every 1 year. So they can only spin profit off servicing, parts and loan commission.

This is exactly why in US they have the dealer union strongly objecting to direct sales by car brands (just look at the war between Tesla and the dealer union).

Supersonic

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where to get new headlights for w204 c200?

also any lobang for changing the lights to LTA approved?

As my previous owner install the light with balast and some rewiring, so thinking of making back to original, maybe change to LED bulbs.

Also anyone have expirence is headlight restoration?

Cause afterall its a 10 yrs car, the headlight cover turn abit yellow already not that nice.

Thanks

Call Sonic Raciing at Toh Guan, they should have what you want.
  • Praise 1

That's a fact, not only for C&C but all dealers. Sales of car alone does not yield much profit. The bulk of car owners don't change car every 1 year. So they can only spin profit off servicing, parts and loan commission.

This is exactly why in US they have the dealer union strongly objecting to direct sales by car brands (just look at the war between Tesla and the dealer union).

Dun forget the trade in car. They make a lot of money from it as well.

They sell it/export it to other countries. They undercut u by a lot for the convenience.

ah i see. but its not the AD that will make that profit right, it will be the second hand dealer they are working with? or does the AD do exporting of second hand cars themselves

ah i see. but its not the AD that will make that profit right, it will be the second hand dealer they are working with? or does the AD do exporting of second hand cars themselves

They have their own used car division I think. Not sure how it works but i almost bought their own used cars before.
  • Praise 1

my last servicing was done more than 2 months ago.

why the front tires pressure exceeded the limit?

post-310040-0-36731900-1563019264_thumb.jpg

one tire bulge, need to replace?

car under warranty, is it mandatory to go to c&c for replacement  

post-310040-0-89469100-1563019304_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

(edited)

my last servicing was done more than 2 months ago.

why the front tires pressure exceeded the limit?

IMG_2812.JPG

one tire bulge, need to replace?

car under warranty, is it mandatory to go to c&c for replacement

IMG_2828.JPG

Hi, you have to get your tire replaced asap, it may burst anytime. Do not try to inflate the tyre further. Meantime, drive at a slower speed, especially when cornering, be extra careful. And remember, in case the tyre burst for whatever reason, steer your car safely to the road side, do not panic and step hard on your brake.

It depends on the size of your tyres, not necessarily your front pressure exceed limit, refer to your tyre pressure guide. And it looks like you are having a front wheel drive car, usually the front wheel drive cars have a higher tyre pressure in front.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

hey guys,

anyone got lobang for replica or gen 18inch AMG rims for c200 w205?

also i wanna wrap my center console, can recommend shop?

thank you

A Member of the Jardine Cycle & Carriage Group - http://www.republicauto.com.sg -> "cerified pre owned" tab, "export" tab ....

left hand to right hand ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi... How can you tell between real or fake leather on Mercedes cars, or is it always fake?  When Mercedes website say "Leather bahia brown" for example, is it real leather?  How exactly do you maintain Mercedes fake leather? With same leather cleaner and conditioner?  Will the material absorb the conditioner?  Please share your experience.  Thanks.

Hi... How can you tell between real or fake leather on Mercedes cars, or is it always fake?  When Mercedes website say "Leather bahia brown" for example, is it real leather?  How exactly do you maintain Mercedes fake leather? With same leather cleaner and conditioner?  Will the material absorb the conditioner?  Please share your experience.  Thanks.

The "Leather bahia brown" is real leather. The ARTICO man-made leather is fake leather. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The "Leather bahia brown" is real leather. The ARTICO man-made leather is fake leather. 

Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement