Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Hi any bros know where to get cheap and good radiator fan for w204 c200k?

Yesterday i found out that the fan got sound like knocking to something,

Today when i drive to work when i almost reach my workplace i felt that the ac is abit weird and hot, thats when i see the temp is already at the highest of the bar i quickly park and stop engine, anyone knows whats happening?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Bro, 

Anybody having E class and have major problem? I am actually ready to go for a change but I am taking a cool mind to gather as much as I want

Just collected my E class in April, so far OK, no issue.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just collected my E class in April, so far OK, no issue.

Thanks Bro,

I haven't makeup my mind as car still a bit sayang as 2 years

My friend receives a birthday gift every year from C&C(Mercedes)... does anyone know whether it applies to all customers who bought a new car from C&C ? or only "selected/preferred"(whatever that is) customers ?

Thanks.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:12 AM, dreamybear said:

My friend receives a birthday gift every year from C&C(Mercedes)... does anyone know whether it applies to all customers who bought a new car from C&C ? or only "selected/preferred"(whatever that is) customers ?

Thanks.

technically speaking, every "new & good existing client" will receive a birthday gift from C&C, but that is sent out by your friendly SE. 

but only "High SES" ones receive mooncakes (also have diff grades)

same case for Chinese New Year Red Packets (have low SES vs High SES ones)

your next question, who receive the High SES version - 

1) AMG Owner 

2) Repeat Owner (min 3-4 Mercs, change every 2-3 yrs on E&S Class models)

3) Corporate Clients / Fleet owners

• Praise 4

22 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

technically speaking, every "new & good existing client" will receive a birthday gift from C&C, but that is sent out by your friendly SE. 

but only "High SES" ones receive mooncakes (also have diff grades)

same case for Chinese New Year Red Packets (have low SES vs High SES ones)

your next question, who receive the High SES version - 

1) AMG Owner 

2) Repeat Owner (min 3-4 Mercs, change every 2-3 yrs on E&S Class models)

3) Corporate Clients / Fleet owners

Might as well buy your own birthday presents. 

• Praise 1

Thanks.

Not sure if this experience is uniform but I continue to receive birthday gifts and a 15% off boutique voucher every birthday despite selling my car. Most recent one was a travel pillow. Before that, a set of espresso glasses and I think a card case or something before that. 

I used to receive mooncakes when I owned my car - I don't eat them so just used to give them away to my staff. I can't remember if I continued getting them after selling my car.

Edited by Turboflat4

Thanks fellow forumers for your replies to my query. [:)]

I had guessed it was probably the marketing dept of C&C, didn't know car ADs are like insurance / property agencies - everything done by the SE / agents themselves.   :o

BTW, what about those new car launch parties where C&C invites celebrities - who are the people/guests invited ? Based on the above, I am now guessing cannot be those selected by the C&C marketing dept  ?

1 minute ago, dreamybear said:

I had guessed it was probably the marketing dept of C&C, didn't know car ADs are like insurance / property agencies - everything done by the SE / agents themselves.   :o

BTW, what about those new car launch parties where C&C invites celebrities - who are the people/guests invited ? Based on the above, I am now guessing cannot be those selected by the C&C marketing dept  ?

What car does your 'friend' drive? 
Like the Chivas Regal ad, if you need to know the price, enjoy the scenery... so to paraphrase that: If you need to check if you were asked, you probably weren't... 😉

In any case if it's any comfort to you, I only get an sms from my rep for the most entry level cars... no official launch invite even..

Thanks.

yup they gave me shot glasses, travel pillow. all i sold on carousell lol

Like to seek feedback from GLA180 owners.

I went for test drive today at Mercedes showroom and my experience as follows:

• Cabin insulation - Road noise is apparent and engine noise can get quite loud (both idling and driving). Automated start-stop was disabled and drove mainly on comfort mode. The roar from the engine is quite bad in sports mode. 
  • Bumpy ride, especially over road humps
  • Acceleration seems non-linear, I had to floor the accelerator pretty hard to get the car to speed up.

Was what I had experienced something that is expected? If I am correct, GLA180 is using dual clutch transmission but the acceleration seems so different from Skoda Karoq (on DCT as well). 

To set expectations, I have been a Kimchi boy since my first car - started off with KIA Cerato and now driving a Hyundai Elantra. I am looking to change to a crossover/SUV and recently test drove Skoda Karoq.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

17 hours ago, Splinter said:

Like to seek feedback from GLA180 owners.

I went for test drive today at Mercedes showroom and my experience as follows:

• Cabin insulation - Road noise is apparent and engine noise can get quite loud (both idling and driving). Automated start-stop was disabled and drove mainly on comfort mode. The roar from the engine is quite bad in sports mode. 
  • Bumpy ride, especially over road humps
  • Acceleration seems non-linear, I had to floor the accelerator pretty hard to get the car to speed up.

Was what I had experienced something that is expected? If I am correct, GLA180 is using dual clutch transmission but the acceleration seems so different from Skoda Karoq (on DCT as well). 

To set expectations, I have been a Kimchi boy since my first car - started off with KIA Cerato and now driving a Hyundai Elantra. I am looking to change to a crossover/SUV and recently test drove Skoda Karoq.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

suggest you wait for the 2020 GLA instead, cos the one that you test drive is the "old model" - end of life / production liao

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, dreamybear said:

C&C marketing does not invite "mass market"clients, they handle media / press guests

how to get invite to new launch, depends on how much r/s you have with your SE.

you go think about it, there are over 70+ SE working, if each SE can invite 20 guests, means 1400 people at the launch liao

apparently what I heard, SE need to write report why each guest is invited, aka current owners? previous owner? potential buyer? not sure true or not

however there is one loophole, if the official guest list is full ... (your SE will know / share this method in private)

if you belong to the LOW SES / free loader type, your SE will politely ask you to go over to the showroom to see instead.  

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

C&C marketing does not invite "mass market"clients, they handle media / press guests

how to get invite to new launch, depends on how much r/s you have with your SE.

you go think about it, there are over 70+ SE working, if each SE can invite 20 guests, means 1400 people at the launch liao

apparently what I heard, SE need to write report why each guest is invited, aka current owners? previous owner? potential buyer? not sure true or not

however there is one loophole, if the official guest list is full ... (your SE will know / share this method in private)

if you belong to the LOW SES / free loader type, your SE will politely ask you to go over to the showroom to see instead.  

It is by the model you buy. E and S class are deemed vip.  Therefore tht list will be specially reserved for them . Any vacancy will then be allocated to the lower class models. And no, the SE do not need to write report. 

49 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

suggest you wait for the 2020 GLA instead, cos the one that you test drive is the "old model" - end of life / production liao

that's why the effective price is attractive now..when new launched...for sure at least 20,30k more..

so really depends how you see it..and willingness to pay of course..

39 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

It is by the model you buy. E and S class are deemed vip.  Therefore tht list will be specially reserved for them . Any vacancy will then be allocated to the lower class models. And no, the SE do not need to write report. 

AMG Variance le?

↡ Advertisement