Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

hi owners, i just got a deal from C&C hatch A200, they claim they do some mega promotion,

Serving package up to 75km
3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash
1 x star interior cleaning

i x iphone 11 Pro max 256GB

solar films
mats
head support cushions

car camera t8 or thinkware

merc welcome package accessories
Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

↡ Advertisement

35 minutes ago, Chrislancer said:

hi owners, i just got a deal from C&C hatch A200, they claim they do some mega promotion,

3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash

solar films
mats
head support cushions

Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

More or less pretty standard except for the iphone 11.

Service credits how much? over-trade?

11 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually my bad, I'd excluded the gearbox service. 

Total of oil plus transmission and clutch fluid and miscellaneous crap came to 4760 before GST (about 5092 after GST). 

If really cheaper than Jap makes, that's good to know but let me know which make and model so I can avoid. Thanks in advance. 

My previous odyssey major servicing was 4k plus at AD

But likely still be cheaper than most conti depending on what were changed

The point is that the difference between outside workshop for conti and AD workshop for Jap may not be as big as what we always think

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Chrislancer said:

3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash

solar films
mats
head support cushions

Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

And what is the offer price (besides service credits and over-trade), as you need that to determine the net price of your car itself.

10 minutes ago, car50 said:

The point is that the difference between outside workshop for conti and AD workshop for Jap may not be as big as what we always think

I am very curious how your regular Odyssey servicing can come to 4k plus. Did you carry out tyre change and brake pad and disc pad change and some major repair?

I check Kah Motor major servicing for Odyssey cost only about $600 for general servicing which is on par with most jap/kor AD rides. For jap/kor rides, almost all comes under $1k for the most major servicing, excluding tear and wear items such as brakes items and suspension mounts etc etc. Repair is repair. If Maclaren want to add in repair and tear and wear costs, will be astronomical figure.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, car50 said:

My Mac servicing was done at Mac, not at an outside place. 

Rates are significantly cheaper for cars under warranty but even so, I was quoted far lower at third party workshops. But I don't trust them to do as good a job and I'm worried about breaching warranty terms. 

Anyway, it's not that I don't want to believe you, but I'm frankly quite incredulous that a routine major service for a bread and butter Japanese car marque can go anywhere near that high. Especially considering I've owned that model for a couple years myself. Never had a single preventive maintenance bill of over a few hundred max. Granted I may not have done what you might consider "major servicing" but I can't imagine even an ATF replacement along with the routine oil, air and a/c filter servicing with some aircon compressor top up and even engine flushing (if you agree with that sort of thing being necessary) coming to anywhere near that high. 

You tell me NSX, LFA and even GTR, I wouldn't bat an eye since they're all supercar level. 

Edited by Turboflat4

34 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I am very curious how your regular Odyssey servicing can come to 4k plus. Did you carry out tyre change and brake pad and disc pad change and some major repair?

I check Kah Motor major servicing for Odyssey cost only about $600 for general servicing which is on par with most jap/kor AD rides. For jap/kor rides, almost all comes under $1k for the most major servicing, excluding tear and wear items such as brakes items and suspension mounts etc etc. Repair is repair. If Maclaren want to add in repair and tear and wear costs, will be astronomical figure.

I'm also rather curious how exactly he believes that to be an acceptable bill, considering I've owned an Ody before and paid nowhere near that much. 😂

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm also rather curious how exactly he believes that to be an acceptable bill, considering I've owned an Ody before and paid nowhere near that much. 😂

I would think this 4k plus would be for major servicing cum repair works, maybe to replace engine mounts, aircon compressor, brakes and tyres, etc. For an older ride nearing 10th year ownership it might be possible as many parts up lorry already so need to be replaced.

You won't know because you never own a ride that old, barring classic cars maybe nxt time when you really that old haha.

25 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I would think this 4k plus would be for major servicing cum repair works, maybe to replace engine mounts, aircon compressor, brakes and tyres, etc. For an older ride nearing 10th year ownership it might be possible as many parts up lorry already so need to be replaced.

You won't know because you never own a ride that old, barring classic cars maybe nxt time when you really that old haha.

Of course with repair and replacement of parts, the sky's the limit. I didn't add the few thousands' worth of wear n tear part replacement I did 3 months before that service prior to a track session. 

Service is service lah. Repair/replacement is something else. 😂

I've owned older rides before, and know what you mean. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Halo said:

And what is the offer price (besides service credits and over-trade), as you need that to determine the net price of your car itself.

Bought a200 at 159k

Trade in vezel 60k left 6years 2mths

Edited by Chrislancer
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Chrislancer said:

3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash

solar films
mats
head support cushions

Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

With all these in, do they still include the 5k servicing credits? 

Edited by Wormee

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

My Mac servicing was done at Mac, not at an outside place. 

Rates are significantly cheaper for cars under warranty but even so, I was quoted far lower at third party workshops. But I don't trust them to do as good a job and I'm worried about breaching warranty terms. 

Anyway, it's not that I don't want to believe you, but I'm frankly quite incredulous that a routine major service for a bread and butter Japanese car marque can go anywhere near that high. Especially considering I've owned that model for a couple years myself. Never had a single preventive maintenance bill of over a few hundred max. Granted I may not have done what you might consider "major servicing" but I can't imagine even an ATF replacement along with the routine oil, air and a/c filter servicing with some aircon compressor top up and even engine flushing (if you agree with that sort of thing being necessary) coming to anywhere near that high. 

You tell me NSX, LFA and even GTR, I wouldn't bat an eye since they're all supercar level. 

U and other bro are correct, "major servicing" was interpreted differently here and also depends on how many years u owned the car. Have lumped additional repairs due to wear and tear (not just the usual oil change filters etc) as "major servicing",  >100KM, no major engine problems over 10 years. That one was the single most ex. other times ranging from 500-1k plus. First few years costs were alright. Hope this clarifies

Maybe unlucky, needs to have more parts changed.  Own experience is that Ody repairs were more ex than my merc that was serviced outside. 

• Praise 2

Thanks for clarifying 

I guess it’s not an apples to apples comparison..

but with some savviness you can service your merc without breaking the bank 👌 

18 minutes ago, car50 said:

U and other bro are correct, "major servicing" was interpreted differently here and also depends on how many years u owned the car. Have lumped additional repairs due to wear and tear (not just the usual oil change filters etc) as "major servicing",  >100KM, no major engine problems over 10 years. That one was the single most ex. other times ranging from 500-1k plus. First few years costs were alright. Hope this clarifies

Maybe unlucky, needs to have more parts changed.  Own experience is that Ody repairs were more ex than my merc that was serviced outside. 

Thanks for clarifying. For my case, as I mentioned, I had done a track session and needed some parts replacing for reliability before I went to Sepang. That was the reason there was minimal parts replacement 3 months later during my servicing. 

Anyway, since the topic is neither about Jap BnB nor exotic supercars let's get it back on track. 

The good thing about Merc and BMW servicing is the variety of good third party workshops available. I know some fantastic ones for BMW but never got the chance to explore the options for Mercs. I will strongly suggest for those in @Heartlander's position that they should join an owner's group on whatsapp. Or at least hang out at the merc forum (sg merc) and look thru the threads for servicing and maintenence recommendations. The TPMS issue may have been discussed before, if not, it doesn't hurt to start a thread on it there. Also, that's where you get the invites to the relevant groups, after which you can really share the good stuff info wise. 

• Praise 1

On 10/8/2019 at 4:20 PM, BobbyTan_74287 said:

It is my habit to off aircon before turn off engine. This I heard can prolong the aircon life span. Then in the morning will on aircon after the car run for a while.

Do u get the moldy air-con smell once in a while?

On 10/12/2019 at 6:27 PM, Heartlander said:

Am now thinking to change my B180 car tyres and was thinking to ask the workshop to replace the integrated TPMS sensor batteries while at it. Then got a rude shock to read online that the TPMS sensors in Mercedes are not serviceable. After the 4 to 6 years life span, have to throw the whole sensor away and get new ones.

I know many Mercedes owners here do not own their rides for more than 3 years as time to change new ride for them, but is any owner able to verify if this is true? Really not expecting to spend another few hundred bucks when after market sensors can just change batteries for less than $10. Really learning new things all the time with this make.

Original factory TPMS sensors (integrated with air valve stem) are NEVER battery-changable, no matter what brand.

Always have to get new ones and re-sync to TPMS controller. Lifespan is typically (I believe) 5-7years.

I turn off the AC but not the fan, no smells. Also park your car under the sun once in a while..

↡ Advertisement