therock

(edited)
21 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

C160 , 0-100 takes 10.3 sec

BHP 129 /5300

Troque 210 / 1400-4000 

it is stated next to the car, seen it inside many Merc chat 

$172,888 ("effective price") - from motorshow 

Everyone wants a Merc, 0-100 is irrelevant for most entry level buyers.

It's the start of a Merc journey.. 

Some will baulk at the costs, and others will continue to upgrade.

It's the latter group that Merc wants to entice..

To paraphrase a Chivas regal ad: If you need to know the price (VFM) , move on ..

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/mercedes-benz-to-build-smart-brand-cars-with-geely-in-china-s-xi-12254058

BEIJING/SHANGHAI: Mercedes-Benz will build smart-branded electric cars with Zhejiang Geely Holding Group in the Chinese city of Xian from a base with annual capacity of around 150,000 vehicles, a senior official from its German parent Daimler AG said on Saturday.

7 hours ago, therock said:

Everyone wants a Merc, 0-100 is irrelevant for most entry level buyers.

It's the start of a Merc journey.. 

Some will baulk at the costs, and others will continue to upgrade.

It's the latter group that Merc wants to entice..

To paraphrase a Chivas regal ad: If you need to know the price (VFM) , move on ..

Wow bro u should quote this in the Audi A5 thread.

so many wannabe prospects there keeping asking how to get the lowest price and willing to pay only 150k for an A5 for f sake.. it’s like haggling in a fish market 😝

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

so many wannabe prospects there keeping asking how to get the lowest price and willing to pay only 150k for an A5 for f sake.. it’s like haggling in a fish market 😝

The allure of the badge is strong.. 

12 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Lol, one of the main reasons i am pulling away from getting the next RS6.

18 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

This is the price premiums pay to attract new clients... the noveau buyers want the slimmest margins... wait til they see the repair bills... or wait for the "where else can I go for service" questions to pop up..

I paid an eye watering $140 for wipers... I will also be asking "where else can I go for wipers" soon.. well actually, does anyone know :D 

• Haha! 1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, Mkl22 said:

ridiculous price  for such a slow poke....

Well you see Woody, it’s all about THE star...maciam to(wards) insanity and beyond (us) 

B19650D7-AAE1-454F-95BC-4AF17E4E249D.jpeg

2 hours ago, therock said:

This is the price premiums pay to attract new clients... the noveau buyers want the slimmest margins... wait til they see the repair bills... or wait for the "where else can I go for service" questions to pop up..

I paid an eye watering $140 for wipers... I will also be asking "where else can I go for wipers" soon.. well actually, does anyone know :D 

Stockist. $60. But DIY fix. 

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I buy kuning.... but also haggle! 

1 hour ago, therock said:

Thanks

got a contact? 

Min Hoe at Serangoon road(1st choice) or PAS auto at sin Ming 

• Praise 2

The advent of MBUX and also the new MFA II platform is an exciting development for Merc.

On the plus side, the new chassis seems more sorted, pliant and yet handles well.

The MBUX is a different kettle of fish... I wonder how well will it hold up over 10 years and will it result in a rash of complaints when one, you need to pay for updates, two, the software crashes, and three, the cost of replacement of screens and other stuff.

Rarely does an analogue odometer break down, even after 20 years. So let's see...

Of course you can say that some owners change their cars long before that... but the old Merc were known to be reliable and ideal for COE cars... let's see...

• Praise 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, therock said:

The advent of MBUX and also the new MFA II platform is an exciting development for Merc.

On the plus side, the new chassis seems more sorted, pliant and yet handles well.

The MBUX is a different kettle of fish... I wonder how well will it hold up over 10 years and will it result in a rash of complaints when one, you need to pay for updates, two, the software crashes, and three, the cost of replacement of screens and other stuff.

Rarely does an analogue odometer break down, even after 20 years. So let's see...

Of course you can say that some owners change their cars long before that... but the old Merc were known to be reliable and ideal for COE cars... let's see...

A Mercedes is not immune to the global phenomena of buy and throw away. Many of the auto makers parts are outsourced and the OEMs outsource many parts themselves. Even if daimler were to spec a high quality part, it is either not available or not cost effective to make such a part. 
For example, even replacement original parts of a W123 part these days are of poorer quality. I know cause I have replaced an original part on the w123 with a newer part and can see the difference. 
bottomline is get ready of an overall lowering of quality for all things if it has not already happened. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I miss being in Mercedes club, can never compare to any Japanese car. But cost of living in SG is just too damn high...

Actually their entry level cars aren’t that much more

especially if you compare like for like

a Jap car has no turbo, less safety features and modern conveniences 

take a VW or Audi and you see that the marginal increase in price is less to do with the badge

eg the run out GLA is pretty good value for what it offers 

don’t forget, the Audi cars tend to contain a lot less features in order to hit their lower price point

↡ Advertisement