Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

17 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

I was not criticising the reviewers but felt that the price point should be put into perspective when reviewing the car. Who would think it’s ok to pay $170k+ for a car that requires 10s to reach 100kmh in this era, notwithstanding the luxurious feeling in the front seats. As someone rightly point out, they seems more like influencer than reviewer.  

New car vs old car. This kind of argument is forever ongoing and meaningless. Your meat is my poison, my meat Is your poison. Buy what u can afford. 

Lexus es also ard 10s

this doesnt matter what matter most is the badge. 

there are many aunties and uncles who prefer to drive slow to their wet market and pick up their kids at school. 

their question will not be how many second is the 0-100 but whats the fc and how much the road tax

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

On 4/16/2020 at 12:56 AM, Busker888 said:

C180 can get at $177K (after dis) before C19 CB so C160 shld be below $170K then 

Correction - It is $170,888 for C180 Avan before C19 CB.

• Praise 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, Chickenfarm said:

Old or new, CLA or C160, buy a car within your means.

If forking out an additional $5K is an arm and a leg, then perhaps it isn’t the right time to join this MB owner thread.

Just buy a car that you can comfortably afford and enjoy it. No need to tune an MB. If want more power, get a Kia Stinger with 244bhp under it’s bonnet. And you still go to CnC for servicing. Very atas.

Come onto this thread to ask or give advice, be prepared for some serious straight talking response. Can’t take the heat? Then get out of the kitchen.

okie back to my CB mode.

I am not sure about Hyundai sevice but I owned 2 MBs from CnC before change to XC60.

MB service if I rated is one of the bottom rank just barely acceeptable, don't expect red carpet service. Definetely not qualify for ATAS. Unless for owner of S-Class and above.

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

I am not sure about Hyundai sevice but I owned 2 MBs from CnC before change to XC60.

MB service if I rated is one of the bottom rank just barely acceeptable, don't expect red carpet service. Definetely not qualify for ATAS. Unless for owner of S-Class and above.

AMG service treatment is wonderful. Walk on air type. Everything separate for AMG. 

Non AMG... no comments. 

Below S class, non AMG... definitely no comments.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

AMG service treatment is wonderful. Walk on air type. Everything separate for AMG. 

Non AMG... no comments. 

Yup, those S-Class and AMG models will be greeted by name like in SQ PPS and Solitaire customers. Other is KFG treated like shit......

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 1

Just now, Knighthunter said:

Yup, those S-Class and MAG models will be greeted by name like in SQ PPS and Solitaire customers. Other is KFG treated like shit......

Yes I kinda saw the difference in treatment when I brought my AMG GT in. 

This is gonna shock some people, but when I had my Kia Rio 1.3 manual many years back, I felt I was being treated with more politeness and consideration at the CnC side dealing with Kia than I saw some of the "lesser Merc" model drivers receiving. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Non AMG... no comments. 

Wonderful service treatment even for the “entry level” A45 AMG?

or must be at least C63 and above?

12 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Wonderful service treatment even for the “entry level” A45 AMG?

or must be at least C63 and above?

AMG is AMG. You park in a reserved spot marked with cones, you're serviced in a separate shaded garage by dedicated staff (and not those car wash type lanes out front) and you're handled by a separate desk.

Apart from all the SG stuff, AMG owners have access to the AMG online "lounge" (and you need a valid VIN to register). Some nice freebies, and driving courses and events, F1 luxury passes at Monaco etc. (all paid haha). Also can get some free calendars and mugs and stuff. A holographic car decal too. Free hardcopy magazine too, delivered to your home from Germany.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

AMG is AMG. You park in a reserved spot marked with cones, you're serviced in a separate shaded garage by dedicated staff (and not those car wash type lanes out front) and you're handled by a separate desk.

Apart from all the SG stuff, AMG owners have access to the AMG online "lounge" (and you need a valid VIN to register). Some nice freebies, and driving courses and events, F1 luxury passes at Monaco etc. (all paid haha). Also can get some free calendars and mugs and stuff. A holographic car decal too. 

Wow I should have saved a bit more to buy the CLA35 AMG 😭 instead of my Fiat 😭

• Haha! 2

Just now, Theoldjaffa said:

Lol. 

It's different treatment where it matters - and that's mainly for car enthusiasts. For example, when Hamilton and Bottas came here a few years back, I was invited to the meet and greet. I got to hang out up close and personal with them and got a photo with Bottas hugging me 😍 Ok, no gay! 😂

But that was because the AMG clients were cloistered separately from the other chaps by a barrier and we were right up against the stage. 

Actually come to think of it... a friend with the A45 AMG was outside the barrier so there may be something to what you say! 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Don't laugh at my photoshopping or my cropping to remove most of the fat! 😂

I left the only handsome guy intact.

IMG_20200418_204848.jpg

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Don't laugh at my photoshopping or my cropping to remove most of the fat! 😂

I left the only handsome guy intact.

IMG_20200418_204848.jpg

Oei! Garment says wear a mask not undergarment...😷

• Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Oei! Garment says wear a mask not undergarment...😷

Damn I just realised the mosaic looks like teen girl underwear. 😂

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Knighthunter said:

True was driving E class 2x and service treatment is not red carpet kind. About on par with toyota borneo lol

if really want atas should be AMG or lexus borneo

even driving 7er in pml or a8 in pa also not much benefits or special red carpet feel. Although A8 got invited me to audi fashion festival and also F1 viewing

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Damn I just realised the mosaic looks like teen girl underwear. 😂

So, that’s what teen girl underwear looks like... I is like a mountain turtle neber seen the sea before

• Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

So, that’s what teen girl underwear looks like... I is like a mountain turtle neber seen the sea before

The design also seems to have coronavirus particles with spikes. 

Maybe a prophecy. Maybe it really came from those owls and not bats or pangolins. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

The design also seems to have coronavirus particles with spikes. 

Maybe a prophecy. Maybe it really came from those owls and not bats or pangolins. 😂😂😂

And have eyes to choose the aged hosts...eeeyew...

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

And have eyes to choose the aged hosts...eeeyew...

I know. Spooky right. Heaven no eyes to see but maybe hell does.

↡ Advertisement