Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

14 minutes ago, Chickenfarm said:

Tell me abt it...

And to compound the matter, my daughter’s car seat was planted just above it😅

Fortunately I am a non smoker and sent my car in almost instantaneously. 

Sometimes the leak could flow out of the tank...no drip but moist tank exterior is potential hazard when some Ahole who toss ciggy butt out of the window on the move...bounce off the road to come to contact with the tank underneath...recipe for hot seats...

↡ Advertisement

9 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

My Alfa had this problem too. 

wet wet wet

3D7F17E8-BC25-44E4-8494-75C77462B5D0.jpeg

Mine was “wetter”😂

Can fry gnor Hiong hei Pia on it. This is unacceptable by MB standards especially after they’d experienced similar fault in so many models.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Chickenfarm said:

It’s like one man one woman and you “chop” on that woman. 

Marketing gimmick maybe, to make you feel really exclusive. But it does come with it’s common fault just like those in the pre-FL and FL W212 though. There was once my entire Car and garage smelled of fuel and there was no leakage on the floor. when I send it to the Ai Mai Gum and they removed the back seat, the fuel pump sump was filled with petrol. Had to replace the entire fuel pump.

After some research, it was actually a common fault and there was even a recall in other country for it.

Well that’s one man one woman AiMaiGum for me...

if got recall , why C&C never call you back to repair?

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I appreciate the artisan aspect of hand built for sure. I’d prefer to own an AMG as compared to a ///M or RS.

Just that I’m curious whether a hand built engine is really better than a machine built one.

my feel is humans are prone to mood swings and lapses of concentrations as compared to machines which once calibrated properly, are more predictable and precise thus less margin of error.

the normal merc engines are not fully machine built too. humans build them. just not one man who does it all.

Still pure marketing crap to me. if it is well assembled, who cares if it is one or 10 men. cause some grease monkey at the dealer will cock it up anyway with over tightening of stuff when it goes for service.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Sometimes the leak could flow out of the tank...no drip but moist tank exterior is potential hazard when some Ahole who toss ciggy butt out of the window on the move...bounce off the road to come to contact with the tank underneath...recipe for hot seats...

a little off topic. not so easy for burning embers from a cigarette to ignite petrol. quite some youtube videos on it.

1 hour ago, Chickenfarm said:

It’s like one man one woman and you “chop” on that woman. 

Marketing gimmick maybe, to make you feel really exclusive. But it does come with it’s common fault just like those in the pre-FL and FL W212 though. There was once my entire Car and garage smelled of fuel and there was no leakage on the floor. when I send it to the Ai Mai Gum and they removed the back seat, the fuel pump sump was filled with petrol. Had to replace the entire fuel pump.

After some research, it was actually a common fault and there was even a recall in other country for it.

Well that’s one man one woman AiMaiGum for me...

Get one thing right ?

PFL or FL

one of them is a 1.8 the other a 2 litre.

if u talking 212,it will be a couple of years down the road oredi,probably in 6 figures ,mileage wise.

Time to change fuel filter ,dig open the wallet,Liao.

dis is not for life item,generally around 100000 u gotta do it.

another caution,it is  recommended to replace in a set but it’s all down to u,the fuel float.

Its located behind the seat & both are not together but linked. 

The fuel pump issue is basically connected to the fuel filter,haha.

one man ,one engine is for certain AMG model.

Not the run of the mill mercedes.

4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

a little off topic. not so easy for burning embers from a cigarette to ignite petrol. quite some youtube videos on it.

Petrol is veri VERY flammable!

plse do go out often,dun always stay @ home.

its flash point is minus something something easily lights UP.

BOOM

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, fesa7044 said:

Petrol is veri VERY flammable!

plse do go out often,dun always stay @ home.

its flash point is minus something something easily lights UP.

BOOM

YAWN!!!!!

IGNORE!

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

U see ah

ppl who buy pre own merk.

u gotta register with see & see.

even though u dun use their wshop services.

when I take over a used MB ,I register with them & I still go to their yearly workshop clinic ,normally u pay something like 120 & Dey give back 150 voucher or something (forgotten)

my recall address is current  & xendry system updated ,which is more important to me.

most ppl dun go to their wshop,I was there before CNY ,Dey give me back FIVE problems!

haiz.

*I dun normally go to their wshop

40 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

It’s easy...the driver in my NS unit demonstrated to me...petrol would diesel won’t 

since then on...I only sat in my CO car once...no ac in the rover or truck also nebermind...

1 hour ago, TeamAMG69 said:

The recall was many many years back and it didn’t help with the fuel “leak” problem.

There was even a class action against MB in the New Jersey alleging that they’d knowingly concealed the defects and failed to repair or replace gas tanks under warranty. plaintiffs also claimed that MB Technicians will only replace the fuel sending unit under warranty but only if an owner keeps complaining.

Well the problem is also apparent with their later models which is unacceptable. For me it was few years back also while my car was under warranty and they’d replaced the fuel pump foc. Now I can’t afford cars anymore, let alone simi G. I take bus and observe social distancing with mask and all.

54 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

YAWN!!!!!

IGNORE!

Over the years, I’ve learnt not to wrestle with pigs. You’ll get muddy, and besides, they like it.

• Haha! 2

27 minutes ago, Chickenfarm said:

The recall was many many years back and it didn’t help with the fuel “leak” problem.

There was even a class action against MB in the New Jersey alleging that they’d knowingly concealed the defects and failed to repair or replace gas tanks under warranty. plaintiffs also claimed that MB Technicians will only replace the fuel sending unit under warranty but only if an owner keeps complaining.

Well the problem is also apparent with their later models which is unacceptable. For me it was few years back also while my car was under warranty and they’d replaced the fuel pump foc. Now I can’t afford cars anymore, let alone simi G. I take bus and observe social distancing with mask and all.

hearsay there are cases before that C&C act blur / sweep under the carpet that some recall only affect the rest of the world (SA & Germany) except cars sold in SG 

SMLJ excuses 

Edited by TeamAMG69

On 4/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, Turboflat4 said:

You're right. 

It's a gimmick as far as I'm concerned too. 😂

But it's the same reason people will buy a 10,000 Rolex or a 100,000 Patek when a 50 dollar Casio is far more accurate than either. The hao lian factor. 😁

Watches are not for telling time. They are for telling stories.

$10k Rolex nothing to hao lian, too man in the street.

those who buy $100k patek confirm to haolian just like those who buy AMG lah, McLaren lah, AstonM , you know lah...

23 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Watches are not for telling time. They are for telling stories.

$10k Rolex nothing to hao lian, too man in the street.

those who buy $100k patek confirm to haolian just like those who buy AMG lah, McLaren lah, AstonM , you know lah...

Eh, watches are for telling time. Simi telling stories?

Like cars are for driving. Simi racing pedigree and heritage stories? 😂

And Rolex is still hao lian to some. 

One man's hao lian is another man's cheapo. 

For every Casio G shock, there is a Rolex SS Sub. 

But for every Rolex SS sub, there is a PP Nautilus.

And for every PP Nautilus, there is a RM tourbillon. 

Always a higher mountain, isn't that how it goes? 

Aiyah, all this I don't know. When it comes to watches I'm a cheapo only. I only wear watches to tell time and be hassle free. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I appreciate the artisan aspect of hand built for sure. I’d prefer to own an AMG as compared to a ///M or RS.

Just that I’m curious whether a hand built engine is really better than a machine built one.

my feel is humans are prone to mood swings and lapses of concentrations as compared to machines which once calibrated properly, are more predictable and precise thus less margin of error.

Here’s farmer’s very shallow point of view during this CB so just take me with a pinch of salt.

Machines can be very good at performing one task, one motion, consistently and repeatedly. The designer can incorporate senses to observe specific aspects of action, and detect if there is an anomaly. It is nevertheless not economically feasible for the machine to monitor every one of the parameters that might be going astray in its process, which could incorporate any one of our human senses, and beyond:

touch, alignment, vibration, surface condition, see, observe, object recognition, hear, scraping, squealing, grinding, smell, overheating, hidden components, etc.

The best hand built cars certainly use many types of machine to do what they are best at. The hand work comes in at the final assembly and inspection, where the versatility of those hands and years of experience observing and also techniques acquired that are not captured in any formula or mathematical model, are put to greater use.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Common Man engine are not made by robots.

Is a bunch of workers each super quickly screw on their 2-3 parts in 5 seconds and the line moves on. So you do get the occasional cockup and obviously no ownership by an experienced tech who can get traced back to if there is serious assembly issue.

↡ Advertisement