Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

A good mechanic can do this in 2hrs

Half day because waiting for the jack. My WS always like that! Often cars with half the engine chope-ing the car hoists. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I don't own a masaylee, but am surprised at the quote for 60k service. Googled the items, sure sounds over priced (as usual). 3k probably can do engine overhaul in Bolehland!  And 2 days! I would press my WS to finish in half day for these items. 

E200 only 4 plugs, even if iridium also 100 plus dollars. 

Screenshot_20200525_002338.thumb.jpg.0371b069fb5264bae52c888413cd0230.jpg

1. Fuel additive: Unnecessary

2. Screenwash additive: Can ownself add.

3. Brake fluid: could be replace earlier if water content more than 3%

10 hours ago, Edmund932 said:

Hi all, wanted to seek opinions on MB servicing >3 years old. Been servicing my E200 Edition E since Day 1 and my next servicing is due for 60k major servicing. C&C has three servicing packages: 60k will fall under Full Servicing and will cost approximately $3k with 2 days downtime. I believe the $3k does not include wear and tear replacement costs. Any thoughts? Is this a no brainer to go other reputable workshops considering warranty is already over? Or are there anyone still loyal to C&C who can share some experience? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

If u have no more service credits and warranty over , then just go outside service.

E class population in Singapore is quite big . 

I would think C&C is quite good in solving merc problems but up till now they still can't solve my digital clock / trip meter auto reset at random . They also forgot to reset the reminder to do servicing on ASSYST PLUS  (i just did my servicing) so pretty sure they just blindly tick checklists if there is one. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Cwong2910 said:

If u have no more service credits and warranty over , then just go outside service.

E class population in Singapore is quite big . 

I would think C&C is quite good in solving merc problems but up till now they still can't solve my digital clock / trip meter auto reset at random . They also forgot to reset the reminder to do servicing on ASSYST PLUS  (i just did my servicing) so pretty sure they just blindly tick checklists if there is one. 

Probably if it's an SL series then everything is possible 😉

C&C Full maintenance of 2 days downtime I felt is extreme and a little put off by it.

I do read some go outside workshops to do wear and tear replacement and then back to C&C for lubricant servicing. I believe that is to keep the warranty and costs lower.

For me I wanted to hear what is the best approach in terms of time and cost effectiveness, to have the peace of mind and to keep the ride in tip top condition.

Edited by Edmund932

21 minutes ago, Edmund932 said:

Probably if it's an SL series then everything is possible 😉

C&C Full maintenance of 2 days downtime I felt is extreme and a little put off by it.

I do read some go outside workshops to do wear and tear replacement and then back to C&C for lubricant servicing. I believe that is to keep the warranty and costs lower.

For me I wanted to hear what is the best approach in terms of time and cost effectiveness, to have the peace of mind and to keep the ride in tip top condition.

the downtime is due to the overwhelm vehicle that sent in for servicing. the actual time taken when they started to work on your car is half a day will do.

60k servicing i see from above list, mostly is "check" item. no replacement of much..

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Dannnn said:

the downtime is due to the overwhelm vehicle that sent in for servicing. the actual time taken when they started to work on your car is half a day will do.

60k servicing i see from above list, mostly is "check" item. no replacement of much..

Yes, I believe the checks will lead to replacement of parts and that will balloon up the fees easily another $1-2k. Estimated total damage will easily amount to $5k with no sweat for C&C.

3 hours ago, Cwong2910 said:

60k servicing list of things to do from https://mymb.sg/Booking/apps/

1.thumb.JPG.9f284e57f0129d7a842bbd57f4ffa7b5.JPG

2.JPG.440ac55787253b4e30fcde58703cb3f5.JPG

3.JPG.d07daaace52ac077b6c71d39bc0e5a7c.JPG

Confirmed over-priced. All checks and not replacement. Own self also can check most. And E200 doest have most of the items - rear window wiper, closing assist.

Some are just BS: Rear headlamp wiper spray? WTF is rear headlamp?

But then, time is bad, please feel free to help the dealers and be their carrot.

• Praise 1

On 5/24/2020 at 11:45 PM, Edmund932 said:

Hi all, wanted to seek opinions on MB servicing >3 years old. Been servicing my E200 Edition E since Day 1 and my next servicing is due for 60k major servicing. C&C has three servicing packages: 60k will fall under Full Servicing and will cost approximately $3k with 2 days downtime. I believe the $3k does not include wear and tear replacement costs. Any thoughts? Is this a no brainer to go other reputable workshops considering warranty is already over? Or are there anyone still loyal to C&C who can share some experience? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

IMO, never never go back to AD for service when you are out of warranty or no more service credit. Sometime, they are just too lazy to troubleshoot and They will over quote when you have problem.

Incident Years ago:

1. C200 Year 2005 car. Car about 2.5 years and Under warranty by C&C. Whenever on traffic light or stationary for after about 1 min, aircon is not cold. i have to rev the gas pedal for the aircon to be blowing cold air. Send back 3x, yes 3x and problem not solved and they refused replace aircon coil or compressor.

2. BMW 730li no more warranty. While driving, steering column error and warning to stop driving and send to nearest BMW service centre. Was closed to kampong arang and send in the car for diagnostic. Service engineer quote $15K, change steering column electronics modules, change the comand computer centre. I ask my i-drive is not damange why need to change? He says its old software, i have to change. I challenge, why your system so lousy, even my old computer i can upgrade to new windows without changing it. I made a big noise in BMW germany and was manage to get apology email from the local dealer. From $15K, i did a repair outside for $1200 only with new original parts.

Since then, never believe the AD on repairs. Cars nowadays are easy to diagnostic. Spare parts are abundant unless you drive sports car.

Cheers.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

My humble B class for 60k servicing if done at AD also will come to about 2.2k without including tear and wear parts. Have had it done at Chip Soon at 1.1k instead as the workshop follow all the procedures with knowledgeable ex-mechanics from AD and using original parts. Most of the common parts also available, else they can order and get them delivered within hrs for replacement. Think the workshop requires about a day for this major servicing. Memory failing me as I cannot remember exactly even though done it twice already haha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
43 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

My humble B class for 60k servicing if done at AD also will come to about 2.2k without including tear and wear parts. Have had it done at Chip Soon at 1.1k instead as the workshop follow all the procedures with knowledgeable ex-mechanics from AD and using original parts. Most of the common parts also available, else they can order and get them delivered within hrs for replacement. Think the workshop requires about a day for this major servicing. Memory failing me as I cannot remember exactly even though done it twice already haha.

Next time must use smartphone and video the whole process. 😂

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Next time must use smartphone and video the whole process. 😂

Can be done as they allow customers to hang around to eye power the process throughout. If you choose not to be around, the mechanics will show you the spent canisters or whatever containers with original Merc logo when collecting car. If you hang around you can ask the mechanics to show you the worn parts like brake pads and why he said need to change, and they will oblige. Good for newbies to gain knowledge instead of doing at AD workshop waiting in lounge only becoming carrots.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
58 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Can be done as they allow customers to hang around to eye power the process throughout. If you choose not to be around, the mechanics will show you the spent canisters or whatever containers with original Merc logo when collecting car. If you hang around you can ask the mechanics to show you the worn parts like brake pads and why he said need to change, and they will oblige. Good for newbies to gain knowledge instead of doing at AD workshop waiting in lounge only becoming carrots.

Yeah. I know chip soon boss also, they are a very honest businessman. My father has been sending his car to the workshop since the 90s.

I never support them so often now because their waiting time is getting longer. haha. I do recommend my friends there if they really want assurance with the workshop. 👍

• Praise 2

My take on the matter.
I  hardly go to their wshop.
But every year,dey have a workshop clinic,I will sign up.
Juzz the  basic stuff.
•Inspection(repair,u need an appointment again)
•Oil change 
•Update the mb software(xentry)
Dis is basically what I’m looking for ,the update.
I normally go Ubi but dis round i m trying Pandan loop.
But now I should noe better.
I send it  to the workshop and this is what happens............

•appointment book 08/01/20,

0930am ,car  only wheel in to workshop at 1100am

•I was billed for an oil filter cover  $70.12 which the service advisor 

did not communicate to me.

•my instrument panel,specifically the trip meter was reset to zero(I’m veri particular abt dis)

•my speedometer was switch to MPH !

•my customised floor mat on the driver side was removed & kept in the boot.

Dis complain have gone it’s round ,to the

service advisor,Asst mngr wshop ,mngr wshop,Cust support.

Now I send dis to stuggart.

The thing abt going to dis type of wshop, to me,is not so much of cost,official wshop,what do u x’pect.

what I dun realli like is,I can’t see what’s going on & I’m the type dat loves to poke around & snap some video ,if there’s some good angle..

Incase ,some of u must b wondering

my go to shop are G6 ,dey dab in all cars ,grab & what have u plus supercars.

Tech choon,all kind of everything & classic .

boss owns a couple of MB classic,the place to visit,if u owns one.

Chip soon are all rite.

cheers

On 5/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, suqicake said:

Waiting for my GLE450 iridium silver. I find the AMG 20" rims that come with it has a very thick wall colored in Grey which make the wheel arc seems small.

Saw my neighbor C-class with gloss back AMG rims. I think it is night edition. it looks good. 
Thought of painting it to black. What you guys think?

Anyone know the damage? and is it durable to paint over?

Thanks

Gle4.jpg

rims night edition.jpg

Yup

”the damage”

first,is yr GLE oredi in see&see.?

If not,dun take,get the next shipment one.

I was talking to a dealer Friend ,the other day.

He was checking out with the wshop on how to prepare a new vehicle dat been sitting there & hibernating for a couple of months.

Apparently ,it’s not so straight forward as to get it started &  warm it up.

Its a series of sequence where u dunno,can injured the ECU & will cause intermittent problems later in yr car life.

The gees of it is,after a couples of month ,all the fuel will flow back to the tank & yr many sensor will get reset & no memories stored.

Dats the reason,if u dun use the car for a week,yr car will always  feel new & fresh.

To trigger the fuel pump & the fuel sensor & a few more .

*First ,u needs to recharge the battery ,the original one perhaps 74 amphere hours probably drop to 60 or some what.

*Switch on,switch off the ignition switch  5 times before cranking .

so dat the fuel will flow to all the right place & all the sensor is being energised.

*Let the car warm it up.

*move the car abit,car park ,can oredi,dis one no big issue ,scare tyres flat,free up electronic brake ,exercise transmission function & basically get the Vehicle on load.

VIOLA

yr car will be all good.

Afraid ,if it’s not  done by some ppl in the noe , onli  god will noes what unseen damaged ,if said wshop personnel juzz crank its life away,like dat.........

On 5/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, suqicake said:

Waiting for my GLE450 iridium silver. I find the AMG 20" rims that come with it has a very thick wall colored in Grey which make the wheel arc seems small.

Saw my neighbor C-class with gloss back AMG rims. I think it is night edition. it looks good. 
Thought of painting it to black. What you guys think?

Anyone know the damage? and is it durable to paint over?

Thanks

GLS Iridium Silver

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 11.52.45 AM.png

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, fesa7044 said:

Yup

”the damage”

first,is yr GLE oredi in see&see.?

If not,dun take,get the next shipment one.

I was talking to a dealer Friend ,the other day.

He was checking out with the wshop on how to prepare a new vehicle dat been sitting there & hibernating for a couple of months.

Apparently ,it’s not so straight forward as to get it started &  warm it up.

Its a series of sequence where u dunno,can injured the ECU & will cause intermittent problems later in yr car life.

The gees of it is,after a couples of month ,all the fuel will flow back to the tank & yr many sensor will get reset & no memories stored.

Dats the reason,if u dun use the car for a week,yr car will always  feel new & fresh.

To trigger the fuel pump & the fuel sensor & a few more .

*First ,u needs to recharge the battery ,the original one perhaps 74 amphere hours probably drop to 60 or some what.

*Switch on,switch off the ignition switch  5 times before cranking .

so dat the fuel will flow to all the right place & all the sensor is being energised.

*Let the car warm it up.

*move the car abit,car park ,can oredi,dis one no big issue ,scare tyres flat,free up electronic brake ,exercise transmission function & basically get the Vehicle on load.

VIOLA

yr car will be all good.

Afraid ,if it’s not  done by some ppl in the noe , onli  god will noes what unseen damaged ,if said wshop personnel juzz crank its life away,like dat.........

Car should arrived end of march but not in time to register before CB.  Next shipment ? may need to wait 6-8 months at least. GLE incoming is very limited usually 2 units/month. i recall in 2016 i was asked to wait for 6-12 months  for GLE which i settled for S-class.

Many new cars coming to spore need to sit several months waiting for LTA homologation, thus this concern is the least concern as these dealers are knowledgeable enough to manage it. Unless you buy from PI newbie.

Anyway thank you for the info.

↡ Advertisement