Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

7 hours ago, Htancl said:

I did not have any updates from my SE as well. Hope we have some positive news this week. 

Just called. Nothing can be delivered in phase 1 even you have COE bidded. C&C operation staff are not allowed to come back to work thus they cannot prepare the car from admin to workshop to prepare the car and those accessories installation. 

i dont expect them to give me in July, though Phase 2 may be opened up. I believe every one will be scrambling to get things opened up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, suqicake said:

Just called. Nothing can be delivered in phase 1 even you have COE bidded. C&C operation staff are not allowed to come back to work thus they cannot prepare the car from admin to workshop to prepare the car and those accessories installation. 

i dont expect them to give me in July, though Phase 2 may be opened up. I believe every one will be scrambling to get things opened up.

This is really sad. Thought news report that though showroom not open, they are still allowed to deliver cars. Last week the Motor Trade association appeal to the Gov for reopening of some of the operation, but so far no news.

The industry really lose big this time with some PIs and 2nd hand car dealers going to wind up really soon. 

On 6/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Htancl said:

This is really sad. Thought news report that though showroom not open, they are still allowed to deliver cars. Last week the Motor Trade association appeal to the Gov for reopening of some of the operation, but so far no news.

The industry really lose big this time with some PIs and 2nd hand car dealers going to wind up really soon. 

What’s so SAD....

Got new car & onli delay abit.

But as I commented earlier ,the underlining issue is the component of the vehicle .

If it’s not done right ,it will damaged the ECU.

The most used word @ dis epidemic is............

Unprecedented ,nvr seen before,

nvr done before.

Dats basically it.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:52 PM, Throttle2 said:

Bike very different bro.

Bike is 100% single rider. 😂

more personal

Correct u here.

The onli motorcycle dat is design & make into production for a single person is a DUCATI.

Even dat,there’s onli a couple of models .,needless to say,it’s onli for the track.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, Phang said:

what about bike?

whenever I join some group for riding in Johor B roads,  always have some guy in the group approach me and say 'bro, I let you try mine and you let me try yours'

I always say no 😄

DUN

Bike is more rider oriented ,the input is more 

substantial 

u moved yr body about @ at a certain angle ,u shift yr knee to lean in a corner,

more engagement in other words.

I dun lend my bike to anybody but I do allow mates to have a go @ it ,on the track.

Dats where u feel the full element(mine’s a sports bike)

On the road,one round.

waste time!

@The_Bear

On 6/1/2020 at 5:01 PM, suqicake said:

Sigh quite frustrating to keep waiting every week without updates and see new good deals. Really llst.

40 minutes ago, MrNg said:

Sigh quite frustrating to keep waiting every week without updates and see new good deals. Really llst.

The consolation is that the trade in price will be better than what you will fetch now. 

1 hour ago, Htancl said:

The consolation is that the trade in price will be better than what you will fetch now. 

Yup agree. Better not find out which one outweighs the other although very tempting.

Neutral Newbie
On 4/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, Volvobrick said:

177k for C160? Can get PI C200 premium plus amg still leave with some spare change.

And >10s to 100kph, even the lorry in lane 2 will jiak it. 

Hi, I am keen to get a C200 or C180, so doing a price and specs research on what C&C and PI has.

C&C has 1.5L for C180 ($183K listed price) and 2.0L for C200 ($200k), 3 years warranty. As for PI, the C200 will get 1.5L engine with Mild Hybrid (EQ boost, 14HP and 160N torque), $160K, and many free options/features...., and 5 years & 130K warranty.

PI's offer seems attractive to me. I wonder any bro here has tested C180 from C&C and C200 from PI to comment on performance. On paper, the EQ boost provides additional power/torque to the acceleration. 

Thanks.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, bglong said:

Hi, I am keen to get a C200 or C180, so doing a price and specs research on what C&C and PI has.

C&C has 1.5L for C180 ($183K listed price) and 2.0L for C200 ($200k), 3 years warranty. As for PI, the C200 will get 1.5L engine with Mild Hybrid (EQ boost, 14HP and 160N torque), $160K, and many free options/features...., and 5 years & 130K warranty.

PI's offer seems attractive to me. I wonder any bro here has tested C180 from C&C and C200 from PI to comment on performance. On paper, the EQ boost provides additional power/torque to the acceleration. 

Thanks.

I tested PI C200 Premium Plus AMG line. My current car has quite a bit more power, so I found the C200 (180hp?) smooth but lacks low end. You will have to rev above 3000 to get it going.

Personally I don't like the non adjustable, stiffer AMG line. Would prefer a softer ride as road surfaces here are mostly bad nowadays. The premium plus interior (esp the steering wheel and screens) is very nice though. Can't complain about that. Now premium plus probably 160k+ from PI.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I tested PI C200 Premium Plus AMG line. My current car has quite a bit more power, so I found the C200 (180hp?) smooth but lacks low end. You will have to rev above 3000 to get it going.

Personally I don't like the non adjustable, stiffer AMG line. Would prefer a softer ride as road surfaces here are mostly bad nowadays. The premium plus interior (esp the steering wheel and screens) is very nice though. Can't complain about that. Now premium plus probably 160k+ from PI.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes, PI's C200 (184hp) is around $160K. For the same price, it will be C160 or C180 with $13K top up for C&C. I will imagine if C&C's C180 of 1.5L engine (156hp) without the help of mild hybrid will be even worse off in low end range?

On 6/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, YEN96 said:

Premier Auto Parts Pte Ltd. Blk 32 Sin Ming Drive #01-335 Singapore 575706. Tel: 6458 7833. Just opposite LTA sin ming, Look for BIG YELLOW SigNboard

Mercedes Spare Parts Dealer for over 60 years, they only sell spare parts, no labour. Buy and Find your own workshop to fix. Items are same as cycle &a carriage.

Look for big YELLOW SIGNBOARD. Easily save 25-30% from Cycle carriage.

Why not consider going Chip Soon since it uses only the original parts and are able to do servicing. Cost is about 50% of what CnC charges for servicing alone.

• Praise 3

It’s essentially an AMG S65 wearing a new fancy suit.

You have missed out on buying the Mercedes-AMG S65 Final Edition? Dont worry please, as there’s now an even more upscale variant available courtesy of Maybach. Enter the S650 Night Edition, representing the “absolute pinnacle of luxury” for the double Mercedes benz brand in the United States where the special version is exclusively available. Only 15 cars are going to be made, thus making it far more exclusive than the AMG-branded Final Edition produced in 130 examples.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Ya, agree. My car with AMG suspension, its like no suspension at all. Like a FD2R. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 5:51 PM, Volvobrick said:

u tested the C200 Mild Hybrid system?

i thought there should be more low end punch ?

as there is additional instant BHP & torque ? not helpful in the power delievery??

Edited by TeamAMG69

On 6/10/2020 at 5:51 PM, Volvobrick said:

Had a used 2015 C200 avantgarde (non AMG line) from C&C and found the suspension generally stiff and jittery.....thinking that its  suspension had worn out, visited prowekz with the intention of getting B6 Bilstein....but from their assessment....suspension still ok, unlikely upgrading to Bilstein improved greatly the comfort. So possibly, c class suspension may not well tuned/design for comfort in the first place from the factory. A camry seems more comfortable in my opinion.  Perhaps its more tune to be a sporty ride.

So for potential buyer of C class, please do a detail test ride and determine whether you like the  "sports car" suspension, instead of luxury saloon.

However, fuel consumption especially for cruising/highway is better than expected. Easily can get <6L per 100 km if you control your accelerator.....with more than 1000km full tank range possible (average real time is 800 +)

Acceleration wise is also superb....around 7 seconds...can match a harrier turbo or V6 Alphard.

5.8.jpg

range.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3