Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

9 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

1.6m but I cannot sit low while driving. 

No need to sit low, just a bit forward and upright, can already

anyway C coupe is not low lah.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 7/25/2020 at 12:14 AM, MapleBiz said:

Hi guys, I'm planning to get a C200 coupe soon as I like the design, but wanted to ask if any one here is currently on this model and can share any reviews? Thanks! 

Own 1 since Nov 2017. Mileage coming up to 30000km.

PI C200 coupe. AMG Line variant.

Did a mini write up at sgcarmart. I believe it is still valid. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

No need to sit low, just a bit forward and upright, can already

anyway C coupe is not low lah.

Z4 is really low.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:47 PM, inlinesix said:

Z4 is really low.

Still can adjust seat higher so that driver can see the road.. no problem lah.

7 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Still can adjust seat higher so that driver can see the road.. no problem lah.

No much higher la.

The seat is lower than door sill le

On 7/30/2020 at 4:39 PM, BMWX5 said:

Is run flat not good? 

It depends on what you like. Sometimes I love to drive hard, so 4S feels more responsive and importantly better grip. 

5 hours ago, YEN96 said:

It's up to personal preference. Chip soon is workshop, workshops are the lowest level in the "Supply Chain". All workshops "operating system" is the same.

Premier Auto Parts Pte Ltd They are authorised dealer stockists wholesales ( wholesale means sell by big volume ) for Mercedes for over 60 years already in Singapore. Considered old name. This means to say Mercedes Manufacturer authorize and appoint them to distribute and sell in Singapore. It is like a dealership and license like C&C. You basically can buy anything just that no labour provided and they also supply to workshops. So if you can buy directly from the supplier is it not better ? Authorized Mercedes dealer agent stockist got "Licence" appointed by manufacturer mercedes. Outside workshops got ? [:)]

Same like if you can buy car directly form Mercedes would you want to buy from C&C ? Concept is the same [laugh][:)]

Premier Auto Parts Pte Ltd. Blk 32 Sin Ming Drive #01-335 Singapore 575706. Tel: 6458 7833. Just opposite LTA sin ming, Look for BIG YELLOW Signboard. 

Anyway, if can buy own spare parts and ask workshop to just supply labour should be able to save but owner must know what spare parts are actually needed.

From your description, Premier Auto seems to be a stockiest supplying parts where customers have to find trusted workshop to do the replacement or diagnostic service. Chip Soon is this and more.

If you do not know the history of Chip Soon, it started being a stockiest supplying original Mercedes parts. Then after many years it diversified into workshop business since it made a lot of sense to provide this extra layer of service so that customers can enjoy good service using original Mercedes parts at lower cost. If you have been to the workshop, you will be able to see the many Mercedes parts lying on the shelves. Anything not available can be ordered through the online system and get delivered in an hour or 2. This is not what I said one. I was told about this by the supervisor when he drove my car around to hear the abnormal suspension sound I was complaining about.

I have been dealing with them for about 2 years now, never have to get parts delivered from local main distributor as the workshop is well-stocked with common parts. And I find the mechanics there knowledgeable enough and trustworthy enough. Every parts need to change, I will be briefed and shown why the need to before they proceed to replace. Then when servicing/repair is done, I will be shown the empty original boxes. I am also welcome to hang around to witness how they do the works. What more can a customer ask for?

But of course you are free to spend your money where you like. I do not earn a single cent typing this WOT so why this effort? Simply because I like what the workshop can offer at this low price point compare to AD. It is definitely not posh and do not have a well- stock customer lounge, but to me that is not my priority as I do not need all these trappings. So long as my ride gets all the attention and love it needs at a acceptable cost can already.

• Praise 2

Saw a GLC in brilliant blue driving along Stamford Road this afternoon. The color is amazing. Don't see many in this colour. It's very striking. 

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

I was told that service credits remains with the first owner and non-transferable?

I got heard about this before too. Not too sure about the facts thou.

47 minutes ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

I was told that service credits remains with the first owner and non-transferable?

Yes, it remains with the owner, its not transferable. I am jjust wondering if anyone is keen to purchase it n buy something  at the showroom

21 minutes ago, vincentnghangchuan said:

Yes, it remains with the owner, its not transferable. I am jjust wondering if anyone is keen to purchase it n buy something  at the showroom

Oh ok, noted. I used my service credit for 2 servicing and tyres purchased and still got $8k service credit to be used. Will used all for servicing as servicing at C&C before it expires.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:38 PM, Heartlander said:

From your description, Premier Auto seems to be a stockiest supplying parts where customers have to find trusted workshop to do the replacement or diagnostic service. Chip Soon is this and more.

If you do not know the history of Chip Soon, it started being a stockiest supplying original Mercedes parts. Then after many years it diversified into workshop business since it made a lot of sense to provide this extra layer of service so that customers can enjoy good service using original Mercedes parts at lower cost. If you have been to the workshop, you will be able to see the many Mercedes parts lying on the shelves. Anything not available can be ordered through the online system and get delivered in an hour or 2. This is not what I said one. I was told about this by the supervisor when he drove my car around to hear the abnormal suspension sound I was complaining about.

I have been dealing with them for about 2 years now, never have to get parts delivered from local main distributor as the workshop is well-stocked with common parts. And I find the mechanics there knowledgeable enough and trustworthy enough. Every parts need to change, I will be briefed and shown why the need to before they proceed to replace. Then when servicing/repair is done, I will be shown the empty original boxes. I am also welcome to hang around to witness how they do the works. What more can a customer ask for?

But of course you are free to spend your money where you like. I do not earn a single cent typing this WOT so why this effort? Simply because I like what the workshop can offer at this low price point compare to AD. It is definitely not posh and do not have a well- stock customer lounge, but to me that is not my priority as I do not need all these trappings. So long as my ride gets all the attention and love it needs at a acceptable cost can already.

Chip soon are the better ones ,out there.

Before I I pick up my pre own w212,couple of yrs back,I contact many wshop regardingwhat types of service I should do for a 80K merk.

Might not b real 80k ,as we noe it.

Most ask me to come down & Dey will inspect first.

C.S whipped out some service A thingy with all stuff to be carried out per dat mileage.

impressive ,veri pro.

Naturally check them out,noticed many of the mech are ex C&C & Dey used Xentry system aka see and see(Think dats few wshop using dat too)

Mindful for ppl, to check with them first before buying parts from stockist.

i think ,Dey dun allow dat but I noe of some wshop who have different labour ,if they allows.(Naturally)

Another point of interest is CS do meddle with old mercs.

Rule of thumb is ,u need different set of skills in dealing with new & old MB.

I owns a Benz classic(30yrs & should I call it dat)and Dey are pretty comfortable dealing with that too.

It’s been a while since I was there but I do loves checking out wshop & I have a few to go thru.

Tot I read somewhere dat ppl say Dey are pretty x’pensive now.

But to me,the most important thing is all down to relationship,either u GEL or u dun.

My current shop dabs in supercars but  Edmund is so nice ,I juzz needs to WhatsApp him the day & the time .

He will have the slot for me  & the spares waiting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1