Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

9 hours ago, Phang said:

when I visited C&C showroom last May, E200 already came with the more powerful 197 HP / 320 Nm engine, together with soft close doors as standard 

I think if I am not wrong since Feb 2020 W213 E200 they comes with this M264 engine non-EQ similar engine to FL GLC 200 and only in MY/SG model. It comes with 2 x 12.3" scree, soft closer, sport steering wheel and 360 cam as standard. Old E200 specs trickled down to E180, it seems E180 not moving well it it got bigger discount now depreciation is about 15k/yr cheaper than C180 

UK W213 E200 model still using M274, except the facelift is using M264EQ engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

So what’s the E180 priced at now?

it can’t be lower than the c180..

Price not lower than C180 but depreciation it does. Display unit offered below $180k about 5-6k lower than stock unit. Note that this end price after heavy OT not straight forward disc.

Edited by Knighthunter

3 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

Price not lower than C180 but depreciation it does. Display unit offered below $180k about 5-6k lower than stock unit. Note that this end price after heavy OT not straight forward disc.

nice, can consider.

Does anyone uses blind spot mirrors? Those small ones that can stick on the side mirror?

Any good recommendation that doesn't look ugly? 

I prefer using blind spot mirror so can see the rear wheel, makes me more secure 🤣

23 minutes ago, Bjory said:

Does anyone uses blind spot mirrors? Those small ones that can stick on the side mirror?

I prefer using blind spot mirror so can see the rear wheel, makes me more secure 🤣

Ugly and so 80's!

Just use the auto tilt down mirror or 360 cam. Or turn your head to check blind spot.

1 hour ago, Bjory said:

I no more using as made the car look not so nice.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Ugly and so 80's!

Just use the auto tilt down mirror or 360 cam. Or turn your head to check blind spot.

Actually I like to keep checking on my rear wheels like when driving or turning so can see the kerb etc. Just a habit ever since I'm driving. For parking I know can use the auto tilt. 

• Praise 1

Just a question for discussion for the old bird Merc owners. I never considered buying a 2nd hand conti car before, i buy car for its basic usage. I love nice cars like many males but practicality stopped me. But recently my friends keep telling me, maybe Audi, BMW cannot buy used, but Merc worth it and it does not break down like Audi does. I did some check and prices of a 8 year old Merc surprisingly are not much different from a Japanese make. Is it true that maintaining a 8 year old Merc is not that expensive compared to a Japanese make? 

1 hour ago, Gasband said:

Just a question for discussion for the old bird Merc owners. I never considered buying a 2nd hand conti car before, i buy car for its basic usage. I love nice cars like many males but practicality stopped me. But recently my friends keep telling me, maybe Audi, BMW cannot buy used, but Merc worth it and it does not break down like Audi does. I did some check and prices of a 8 year old Merc surprisingly are not much different from a Japanese make. Is it true that maintaining a 8 year old Merc is not that expensive compared to a Japanese make? 

There is good reason why the depreciation of old Jap car and old Merc is sama sama.

With old Merc (and conti) of course you will pay more in most cases (on average) in repair bills.

There will be some bros here who will jump in and tell their story of their magnificant old Merc that didn't spend a single cent outside normal servcing.... but it is unlikely that many owners hit such jackpot.

• Praise 2

On 10/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, Knighthunter said:

BBB MTL

for me I am waiting for E200 to be delivered In Nov got COE in 1st oct bidding

How much u paid 

On 10/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, t0y0ta said:

There is good reason why the depreciation of old Jap car and old Merc is sama sama.

With old Merc (and conti) of course you will pay more in most cases (on average) in repair bills.

There will be some bros here who will jump in and tell their story of their magnificant old Merc that didn't spend a single cent outside normal servcing.... but it is unlikely that many owners hit such jackpot.

From personal experience with W205, its quite reliable other than those typical sensor issues. 

Only expensive thing is the service B. Regular servicing is fine, slightly more ex than Jap car only. 

Tires also more ex, staggered rims from factory. 225/40/19 and 255/35/19

On 10/26/2020 at 11:40 AM, YEN96 said:

In summary,

1)  If you want to drive a mercedes but pay the same maintenance as a toyota then pls don't buy. You want to drive a branded conti logo but have shallow pocket then It's tough. Depends how one compare because even for car battery, a continental car battery costs almost twice a japanese but it's still a car battery. A toyota altis drinks 4L engine oil, a C180K drinks 6L. Tyres, japanese probably 15" tyres. Continental average 17" tyres, so change 4 tyres how much more ? Petrol, continental cars drink more also. Just some rough numbers for overview.

2) there are many coe renewed mercedes, much more than bmw audi volkswagen volvo...go figure. Why still so many coe renewed mercedes w204 c180 c200, w211 w212 E200 many many many....even old w124 e200 still many running.

3) I can write more but I believe.....go figure above 1) and 2). :):):):):)

I like your number 1)

want to eat atas fine dining but i find it expensive comparing to hawker food :D

If u drive merc expect same repair cost with japanese car for same job then u need to think why electrician and plumber charge more for those who stay condo than in hdb. 

if ur merc got dent or scratched, don’t expect same repair cost as toyota. Workshop see u come in merc, doesnt matter that merc if brand new or almost scrap, they will still charge u more. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

anyone have this issue before: the 'check engine' warning light came on. i brought to C&C and they said must change catalytic converter. i said huh the car still quite new and just serviced. then the service staff said he will override the warning light so it does not come on again. i asked so really must change and he cannot give me straight answer.

3 hours ago, Dannnn said:

I like your number 1)

want to eat atas fine dining but i find it expensive comparing to hawker food :D

Exactly... N these group of people will also go on to say how hawker food tastes much better than fine dining and using the same amount of money, they can eat till vomit, sounds familiar? 😆😆😆

I find people who complains about Merc running costs high vs non premium marques forgot to also factor in other factors such as performance, comfort, safety etc.. All these don't come free, else all non-premium brands can close shop liao.

Edited by Rickster
↡ Advertisement