Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

if about 1k difference in depre per year, might as well get new, workout to be about 100 per month or less. 

did you ask him why?  I saw some PIs  selling E class at abut 40k lower than that of C&C,   i thought it is worth exploring ? 

My current drive is from AD.  So I thought maybe consider pi since the pice diff can go PI can get amg line vs AD avant. 

He highlighted on warranty. 

No time to listen more abt his views cos i reached my destination after he gave me his answer on buy from pi or ad

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:47 PM, Frozentouch said:

Hi pple. I'm thinking of getting a pre-own  C180 Coupe from republic auto. Are there are ways to lower the price? Currently own a 2018 Mini One..

quite hard, cos Republic are selling at premium

but least u know they have check the Merc (non tune), "accident free" etc, you are even given 1 yr "warranty" , peace of mind, you are covered by manufacture recall.

most important, mileage "should be real" . you can try to ask for service records, if you are "lucky" you can get to see, if not , you need to ask the "correct questions"

which one? - refer back, there are many tricks / questions you can ask, which will give you a "good idea"

what I heard from some old birds, you can try to ask for new tyres, or brakes, or small service (out from republic), paint protection (not sure) you can try

no harm

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Lately saw a (?SUV) CLA250 4Matic (Coupe) on the road, quite good looking and was wondering if that’s a new model?

why is it call a Coupe when it has 4 door and a SUV looking?

Added this into my target list 😬 anyone come across it’s review?

7 hours ago, Wenlinz said:

Lately saw a (?SUV) CLA250 4Matic (Coupe) on the road, quite good looking and was wondering if that’s a new model?

why is it call a Coupe when it has 4 door and a SUV looking?

Added this into my target list 😬 anyone come across it’s review?

i highly suspect you saw a GLC250 Coupe. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
19 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

i highly suspect you saw a GLC250 Coupe. 

I highly believe your suspicion is correct😂 somehow I couldn’t find this model with our local AD...why is it call a coupe when it is a 4Dr SUV huh?

I quite like the styling and it is a lot better than the previous versions of GLC!

8 minutes ago, freee2move said:

Hi all, what kind of engine oil you recommend for W176? Checked on dipstick, seems to be a bit blackish so want to get some and top up.

Next servicing still abt 1500km away.

you want to top up engine oil because the oil looks blackish? 

image.png.6b5aad387998f2756b92521ebf7f7d1d.png

• Haha! 1

Bro

I'm no pro and I'm not trying to tekan you but where’s the logic ??

if the levels are low you top up 

if the oil looks dirty you replace it right?

adding more oil isn’t the same as flushing it out you know 

Go see a mechanic bro if you’re really concerned 

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, freee2move said:

Check the dipstick and it looks blackish, should I top up for now?

or wait until the next service?

no low engine oil lamp warning light though.

You put in new oil after driving a few days it will also turn blackish! You will need to flush after every trip to keep it golden colour. 

27 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You put in new oil after driving a few days it will also turn blackish! You will need to flush after every trip to keep it golden colour. 

Turn greyish first...😁

0.jpg

5 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Makes no sense to most of us. 

I dare not to jump into conclusion 

I thought it is something new like auto engine oil level control - Lubritronic 😁

German car manufacturers tend to hide the technical features of their engines away from the end users, I just realised my old M271EVO engine has a variable displacement oil pump, I am quite impressed.

Hi.. i  ike to check roughly how much does it cost to install the driver's side original memory seat for A class sedan, thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement