Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, khee76 said:

Looking at resale W205.. radiator cap abit white stiff around and water stain.. this car suppose to be 10 mth old. Any potential issue?

merc coolant will leave a white powdery stain after evaporated 

could be many reasons 

- non OCD mechanic/owner who didn't clean spilled coolant when topping up

- leaky cap

- overfilled coolant expansion tank

- engine overheated before 

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Phang said:

merc coolant will leave a white powdery stain after evaporated 

could be many reasons 

- non OCD mechanic/owner who didn't clean spilled coolant when topping up

- leaky cap

- overfilled coolant expansion tank

- engine overheated before 

Thks..  First 3 reason sound ok. Only worry is the last. Mileage is only 700km. So called showroom/mgmt car. Still under warranty but not sure if there is any underlying problem. After tempted to buy as it is almost $40k off a new one. 

1 more thing I notice is 1 brown mark on 1 of the screw under the hoot. Not sure if this is common.

Supercharged

I just check my FL W204 record

I only need to top up coolant at 6th year/180,000km

radiator cap starting to leak a little at 7.5th year/222,000km, I replaced it with a new one

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, khee76 said:

Thks..  First 3 reason sound ok. Only worry is the last. Mileage is only 700km. So called showroom/mgmt car. Still under warranty but not sure if there is any underlying problem. After tempted to buy as it is almost $40k off a new one. 

1 more thing I notice is 1 brown mark on 1 of the screw under the hoot. Not sure if this is common.

what range is they selling? 170+?

14 hours ago, Phang said:

I just check my FL W204 record

I only need to top up coolant at 6th year/180,000km

radiator cap starting to leak a little at 7.5th year/222,000km, I replaced it with a new one

ok.. then unlikely anyone will touch the radiator cap.. i guess I will not purse... 

11 minutes ago, Wheelslover said:

If is from CnC, dont they give to Republic auto ? 

from what i am told (not verified) even if the cars traded in are "supposed to be" channeled to republic, CnC has periodic sessions with a group of used car dealers who look at the stock of cars traded in and make bids for them. 

if the car reaches a certain price, CnC/republic may see it more worthwhile getting the sale done now rather than have republic hold the stock.

of course if the dealers bid too low then it goes to republic.

there are also certain conditions for republic to take in - low mileage, accident free etc, for this reason CnC has to hold the sale sessions with the used car dealers to take these cars (that republic will not take) off CnC.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Mooose said:

from what i am told (not verified) even if the cars traded in are "supposed to be" channeled to republic, CnC has periodic sessions with a group of used car dealers who look at the stock of cars traded in and make bids for them. 

if the car reaches a certain price, CnC/republic may see it more worthwhile getting the sale done now rather than have republic hold the stock.

of course if the dealers bid too low then it goes to republic.

there are also certain conditions for republic to take in - low mileage, accident free etc, for this reason CnC has to hold the sale sessions with the used car dealers to take these cars (that republic will not take) off CnC.

Actually i see another so call CnC showroom unit with 14km mileage  listed by Mitsubishi showroom in ubi. Maybe they do not want to see too many Merc in Republic auto.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:38 AM, fesa7044 said:

Republic price are generally higher.

The cars are trade in by ppl who purchase mercs from C&C .

Than Republic take over & put in to the used market ,dey normally keep the better ones & their warranty are pretty comprehensive like PPS(bmw)

So the one’s there are in pretty good nick.

And i dun think u can request for independent workshop also.

So no worries,then................,

My neighbour bought his merc from Republic but I bought mine from Automobile Megamart. Over the next 3-4 years he spent 30k repairing his merc while I only spent 1-2k. Before buying I had sent the car to AA for inspection and rectification. Republic's higher price is no guarantee of a better car.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Innocuous said:

Any C180  2019 owner, I have some questions hope you can help 

Btw anyone owned a Emerald Green color ? 

what is your question? my ride C180 FL

• Praise 1

What is the recommended mileage/time interval  when spark plugs need replacement on a W212 here in SG?  I suppose in our conditions where the car is very often paused at lights it should be earlier than what the manual recommends.    

7 minutes ago, serenade said:

What is the recommended mileage/time interval  when spark plugs need replacement on a W212 here in SG?  I suppose in our conditions where the car is very often paused at lights it should be earlier than what the manual recommends.    

Should be around 80-100k

2 hours ago, 7deadlysins said:

How much is a GLA180 now?

C&C is still $166,888 until 21/2/2021. They may extend to the weekend before increase price again as now COE shot to S$43k for CAT A. About $3k higher than last month. 

↡ Advertisement