Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

47 minutes ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

C&C is still $166,888 until 21/2/2021. They may extend to the weekend before increase price again as now COE shot to S$43k for CAT A. About $3k higher than last month. 

Thanks! What about Parallel Import?

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, 7deadlysins said:

Thanks! What about Parallel Import?

Haha, this I am not sure as parallel import always cheaper by taking away some features and put in some features. Always depends on what stocks they have. Need to go down and enquire. GLA180 from C&C without keyless entry, please note.

10 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Haha, this I am not sure as parallel import always cheaper by taking away some features and put in some features. Always depends on what stocks they have. Need to go down and enquire. GLA180 from C&C without keyless entry, please note.

Wah. GLA180 really bare bones. Unbecoming of a 3 pointed star! 😂

On 1/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, bluebeamer said:

anyone have this issue where sometimes the gear is 'stuck'... like cannot advance to the higher gear and you can hear the engine revving

Sounds like your clutch is slipping

• Praise 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, bluebeamer said:

anyone have this issue where sometimes the gear is 'stuck'... like cannot advance to the higher gear and you can hear the engine revving

What model do you own bro? 

CVT / DCT / auto gearbox?

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, bluebeamer said:

hi i own C180

mileage? and how old? repaired gearbox before? if not then likely the clutch packs are worn. you need to rebuild the gearbox C180 should be 7speed. approx 3-4k. if you are lucky, then maybe just a solenoid. couple of hundred to replace.

Edited by Mkl22

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

mileage? and how old? repaired gearbox before? if not then likely the clutch packs are worn. you need to rebuild the gearbox C180 should be 7speed. approx 3-4k. if you are lucky, then maybe just a solenoid. couple of hundred to replace.

coming to 4 years

mileage coming to 70,000km

never repaired gearbox

On 1/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, andrewyewkc said:

My neighbour bought his merc from Republic but I bought mine from Automobile Megamart. Over the next 3-4 years he spent 30k repairing his merc while I only spent 1-2k. Before buying I had sent the car to AA for inspection and rectification. Republic's higher price is no guarantee of a better car.

this is really strange, firstly Republic Auto cars are supposed to be "stock" &"accident free, they been through like 33/50 / x points of check? with full AD Cycle service records? should not be lemons car rite? in additional, Republic Auto cars come with 1 yr warranty, so if got problems, they are supposed to fix for u?

lastly, 30K repair seems a lot for Mercs, what broke down? what are the items? can give us a breakdown?

Republic Auto cars do sell a higher premium but they give peace of mind, that is why their car stocks move very fast, (for most B&B models)

so i think there should be a huge demand for their cars. 

as for your case, 1-2K repairs, - what did u do? where you buy your parts? where you service?

Edited by TeamAMG69

10 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

this is really strange, firstly Republic Auto cars are supposed to be "stock" &"accident free, they been through like 33/50 / x points of check? with full AD Cycle service records? should not be lemons car rite? in additional, Republic Auto cars come with 1 yr warranty, so if got problems, they are supposed to fix for u?

lastly, 30K repair seems a lot for Mercs, what broke down? what are the items? can give us a breakdown?

Republic Auto cars do sell a higher premium but they give peace of mind, that is why their car stocks move very fast, (for most B&B models)

so i think there should be a huge demand for their cars. 

as for your case, 1-2K repairs, - what did u do? where you buy your parts? where you service?

My neighbour actually verbally told me a long list of repairs that he did, in fact I think it was more like 40k. He bought it at 3-4 years old so most of his repairs were after the one year warranty. I did not record down his list of repairs. I don't think his car was a lemon but my neighbour is the type that wants his car to be perfectly maintained.

As for myself, the only repair I had was a faulty sensor showing low coolant level. I actually also had problems with my suspension and transmission but as my COE came to an end, I did not need to carry out these repairs. 

I was just about to pull trigger on a Varta EFB battery for my W212 E250, when I discovered that there is another variation. The even more expensive AGM battery that came as standard. As I do not at all use auto start/stop, does it make sense to stick to AGM battery and pay the extra?

My understanding is that the AGM is needed in cold weather with  start/stop enabled. As the battery has to simultaneously crank engine repeatedly and at same time, power the heater and wipers. In other words, I am asking if anyone has "downgraded" locally from AGM to EFB with no negative repercussions.      

54 minutes ago, serenade said:

I was just about to pull trigger on a Varta EFB battery for my W212 E250, when I discovered that there is another variation. The even more expensive AGM battery that came as standard. As I do not at all use auto start/stop, does it make sense to stick to AGM battery and pay the extra?

My understanding is that the AGM is needed in cold weather with  start/stop enabled. As the battery has to simultaneously crank engine repeatedly and at same time, power the heater and wipers. In other words, I am asking if anyone has "downgraded" locally from AGM to EFB with no negative repercussions.      

Me. My car VIN was spec with a 100A AGM. I downgraded to amaron green 100A wet lead acid. Works well for 2years. 
you can go to battery FAQ and read up the advantages of AGM. If you don’t really use it for its advantages, then save the money and buy the normal type. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement