Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

On 12/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, Symantec9 said:

how much is the silver varta battery the shop is charging? Thanks 

It can vary from 350-450 depending on the size bro..

On 12/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, therock said:

Does anyone know a good paint / dent repair place in the Alex / B Merah area? 

Or West Coast? 

Scratched the side of my car.. if it's not too ex, I may paint the entire car... thanks bros...

Just an update, I went with Sprayboxx, recommended by the Battery Shop owner and it was a pleasant experience.

His place is at Autopoint, but he gave me a lift to the MRT... worked til 3am for me as I really needed the car, kudos.

He also does ceramic polish... I might share more when I have some time... 

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I am considering A180 sedan or CLA180. I went to the showroom. I was told due to chip shortage, for cla180,  it resulted no more remote chair control, no wireless charging, no kick boot. 

They giving discounts for these losses  

It may happens to other model if chio shortage persist

Does it matter to you? Share your thought pls 🙂

Both latest cla and A sedan looks great for the size, and interior are full digital which i like alot for those model.

I think wireless charging not really important.

electric tailgate if ur current ride had it than u will wan to have that function. If not than no real point as well. Good to have option

Electric seat adjustment, same arguement as electric tailgate. Good to have option but not really neccessary.

I would rather have options like vented seats, blind spot assit, upgrade to the burmeister sound system. I feel those functions i would be using it daily when driving and if cost can justify i would like the best sound system in my merc haha

Care to share the price different from showroom?

1 hour ago, Edwinboon said:

Hi all,

I am considering A180 sedan or CLA180. I went to the showroom. I was told due to chip shortage, for cla180,  it resulted no more remote chair control, no wireless charging, no kick boot

This seems to be a standard practice when COE is high. Strip off some features, lower the OMV, keep prices competitive. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Edwinboon said:

Hi all,

I am considering A180 sedan or CLA180. I went to the showroom. I was told due to chip shortage, for cla180,  it resulted no more remote chair control, no wireless charging, no kick boot

Been to C&C 2 weeks ago and saw the same thing... it's really a bummer.

I even told the SE that their new cars are so bare that it is like worse off than my current car. 

No, i won't buy such "new" cars with obsolete features.

I'd rather you buy those 1 or 2 year old used cars from republic auto. Much better equipped that the new ones.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Edwinboon said:

@Ben_1985 showroom price $181888. Excluding $3 discount for the missing features 

Ask Elebest for their price to restore these features..

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, therock said:

Ask Elebest for their price to restore these features..

Good idea. But i think for the more "integrated" into car ones such as full auto-parking, AEB, semi-autonomous (radar cruise + self lane correction) may void warranty / not within their capabilities to do.

I personally like the AEB as my current car's AEB has saved me once.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Edwinboon said:

Hi all,

I feel wireless charging is not that great anyway (charges too slow). No kick boot is the same for my ride which I collected in Oct21, but I felt I could live without, at least still got electric tailgate. Not sure what you mean by no remote chair, mine was minus lumbar support also due to chip support. If you feel that the extra $3k discount is ok and you like the ride just go for it.

Edited by neoki_29

@Edwinboon 

Seems like A sedan more worth it than cla in that case. Both using same engine n interior. Of course cla looks abit nicer but i just dont really like the frameless window for the doors. Maybe im worried about water leaking which doesnt seems to be a common issue haha

A few tens of pages ago, 2020 perhap?
There was a newbie lady member who came into this thread to complain about those very frameless windows, and I don't think she even knew about them ... 

They have a lot of noise at higher speeds.. 

45 minutes ago, therock said:

A few tens of pages ago, 2020 perhap?
There was a newbie lady member who came into this thread to complain about those very frameless windows, and I don't think she even knew about them ... 

They have a lot of noise at higher speeds.. 

Worst regarding frameless windows - cannot install sunshades to shield your face when doing something stupid or careless and avoid the stare of death from other drivers...... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1