Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Neutral Newbie

As far as I know, this what most AD with high list price will do.

List price allows them to keep the RRP, the effective price remove the 'freebies' like service credits & the net price is what you pay in the end.

High list price means you can loan more & the AD make more.

It also allows you to buy at much lower price to feel shiok & earlier buyers also won't heart pain the price drop so much.

PS - I still prefer a more transparent pricing than this practice.

Thanks so much for your reply! and I agree with your transparent pricing too. Feels like it more dependent on luck and negotiating abilities with current practice.

↡ Advertisement

I dun believe what I am seeing!

A Merck cannot 've dink ,scratch blah blah

I always park @a distance,away from the maddening crowd,so to speak.

My 2012 w212 get into a bit of bother & I gotta seek professional help.

Always service @ chip soon & among a few other places,so I ask them for advice.

Dey recommend a painter a few shop away.

Forgotten the shop name,boss is ah loo

Blk 9002,#01-68

Tampines street 93

The deal clincher,he stays near my area,so I get a free ride home(2days downtime)dis things cannot b rush & I Wun rush him.

One thing realli impress me,dey got their own paint mixer but dey can't seems to get to my (palladium silver)Color,rite.

My coding on the door is rite but my preown E was painted before so dats the reason dey didn't get it rite.

Needless to say,dey spend half a day experimenting!

I think I got a pretty Long scratch on my left bumper & got 2 ding 'which is veri very minor but I insist to get it done.

Ah loo even told me no need lah but I says no no no.

I think 1 spot is $80 or 90 but I think I pay 300 plus or what cannot remember .

But when I come round & collect(sorri,no free ride)

Omg,its freaking impressive,not only he sort out the 3 area ,he f...king groom the car as well,veri kilat.

So jokingly,I ask,u do gromming as well?

NP he says.

So ,dis the shop guys(no commission from me,ah) & I gonna bring my cooper down as it's less than pristine,now.

All dis premium makes gotta park in the shade ,mscp or otherwise.

U got to sample the quality ,appreciate the premium.

Must b in showroom condition all the time,everytime!

Or y bother in the first place..

You English is difficult to read.

Driving a car is for transportation purpose, enjoying its premium quality is a by product of owning it. If driving a mercedes is so stressful to have so many considerations, living in fears and worries, then one should not own it at all.

agree with others that this is common

what model are u eyeing?

C class usually 5k OT and 5K discount

GLC about 3k more

so ur 10K OT and 10k discount look good

Hi all, wondering if anyone can advise. 

Went down to C&C merc showroom and SE offered 10K OT + further 10K discount. However, he said loan has to be based on list price and rebate is given in the form of reduced cash outlay for downpayment. 

Is this standard practice?

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 8

Neutral Newbie

agree with others that this is common

what model are u eyeing?

C class usually 5k OT and 5K discount

GLC about 3k more

That was for CLA-think they are clearing stock..C class at the moment is 5k overtrade and service credits according to SE

• Praise 2

(edited)

what model are u eyeing?

10k OT and 10k discount smelly smelly must be a E class, lower than E class model wont have so much margin for them to give this kind of perks unless they are clearing stock of a out going model. Dont forget, after all the OT and discount , they would still have quite thick margin, so it has to be a high margin model. Edited by Ct3833

That was for CLA-think they are clearing stock..C class at the moment is 5k overtrade and service credits according to SE

During this year Feb when i asked about CLA their OT and COE discount given to me was 15k

(edited)

Hi all, wondering if anyone can advise. 

Went down to C&C merc showroom and SE offered 10K OT + further 10K discount. However, he said loan has to be based on list price and rebate is given in the form of reduced cash outlay for downpayment. 

Is this standard practice?

Thanks in advance!

Bro have a read of the links in my signature.. they will explain a lot.

The forum does not allow me to modify the first post so I can't place them in the first post..

If you need a rep, pm me.

I am not a sales rep

Edited by therock

BTW, these lovely cars are made for the NSH... what a sweet drive..

If you want to know what a car with a low CD ratio feels like, take a Merc out on the highway.. when you are going at 3 figure speeds, you won't feel a drag once you release the accelerator..

Most Mercs are in the top ten of the most slippery cars, and it shows. 

But the budget models will show where they saved money... the NVH just isn't as good..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro have a read of the links in my signature.. they will explain a lot.

The forum does not allow me to modify the first post so I can't place them in the first post..

If you need a rep, pm me.

I am not a sales rep

Thanks! Will pm you if I need a rep

Neutral Newbie

I dun believe what I am seeing!

A Merck cannot 've dink ,scratch blah blah

I always park @a distance,away from the maddening crowd,so to speak.

My 2012 w212 get into a bit of bother & I gotta seek professional help.

Always service @ chip soon & among a few other places,so I ask them for advice.

Dey recommend a painter a few shop away.

Forgotten the shop name,boss is ah loo

Blk 9002,#01-68

Tampines street 93

The deal clincher,he stays near my area,so I get a free ride home(2days downtime)dis things cannot b rush & I Wun rush him.

One thing realli impress me,dey got their own paint mixer but dey can't seems to get to my (palladium silver)Color,rite.

My coding on the door is rite but my preown E was painted before so dats the reason dey didn't get it rite.

Needless to say,dey spend half a day experimenting!

I think I got a pretty Long scratch on my left bumper & got 2 ding 'which is veri very minor but I insist to get it done.

Ah loo even told me no need lah but I says no no no.

I think 1 spot is $80 or 90 but I think I pay 300 plus or what cannot remember .

But when I come round & collect(sorri,no free ride)

Omg,its freaking impressive,not only he sort out the 3 area ,he f...king groom the car as well,veri kilat.

So jokingly,I ask,u do gromming as well?

NP he says.

So ,dis the shop guys(no commission from me,ah) & I gonna bring my cooper down as it's less than pristine,now.

All dis premium makes gotta park in the shade ,mscp or otherwise.

U got to sample the quality ,appreciate the premium.

Must b in showroom condition all the time,everytime!

Or y bother in the first place..

I don't get you. What do you mean by "I dun believe what I am seeing!"? The scratches or the fuss?

Anyway I got it touched up by one shop at Alexandra village.

some more info on the exact form of the "cheating"

Exact details of the issue are yet to be revealed, but it's thought it relates to the AdBlue system. AdBlue is an additive injected into the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) filter to reduce emissions. But Mercedes software potentially reduces the quantity of AdBlue after a set period of time, improving performance and fuel economy but increasing harmful nitrous oxide (NOx) emissions.

The so-called "thermal switch" is set at a particular temperature. Carmakers that use this system argue it's part of ensuring longevity rather than an attempt to cheat.

Hey fellow Merc Owners,

I've got a recall letter for my CLA200 and it says something of the steering wheel having some issues. [confused]

Any of you guys affected by this?

Thanks.

Hey fellow Merc Owners,

I've got a recall letter for my CLA200 and it says something of the steering wheel having some issues. [confused]

Thanks.

I posted this earlier bro.

Half a day job, you might as well plan it with your servicing or tire rotation.

Hey fellow Merc Owners,

Thanks.

Can know your CLA 200 is which year model ?

i just bought an used CLA 200 shooting brake Jan 2016 (Manufacture 2015)

thanks

Thanks for link.

Today was at Alexander C&C service counter to book a date to indent replacement key, the lady check my car details to verify and arrange a date, didnt ,mentioned anything about this recall......hope mine is not affected or previous owner had back for the recall already........

Can know your CLA 200 is which year model ?

i just bought an used CLA 200 shooting brake Jan 2016 (Manufacture 2015)

thanks

Just login, the following models are affected. Does it mean that i hv to call for an appt or wait for the letter

Brief Description (As Provided by Motor Dealer)
It is possible that the driver's airbag in the model series A-/B-/C-Class and CLA, GLA, GLC (model series 176, 242, 246, 205, 117, 156 and 253) vehicles transferred to you could trigger without obvious cause through electrostatic discharge if the steering column is not sufficiently grounded while at the same time the conductor tracks within the volute spring cassette in the steering column switch module have been damaged.
↡ Advertisement