Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

(edited)

Just login, the following models are affected. Does it mean that i hv to call for an appt or wait for the letter

Brief Description (As Provided by Motor Dealer)
It is possible that the driver's airbag in the model series A-/B-/C-Class and CLA, GLA, GLC (model series 176, 242, 246, 205, 117, 156 and 253) vehicles transferred to you could trigger without obvious cause through electrostatic discharge if the steering column is not sufficiently grounded while at the same time the conductor tracks within the volute spring cassette in the steering column switch module have been damaged.

If one had previously purchased your car from C&C, they would have sent a notification to the registered owner via registered post at least two months ago. 

Simple circuit change.

Edited by therock

Anybody mod to allow Apple CarPlay in a C&C unit?

Care to share how much this will cost and any issue with AD warranty?

Anybody mod to allow Apple CarPlay in a C&C unit?

Care to share how much this will cost and any issue with AD warranty?

ya i did mine, my ride is a w205, Dont think it has anything to do with the warranty. But of cos i am not 100% sure too,

ya i did mine, my ride is a w205, Dont think it has anything to do with the warranty. But of cos i am not 100% sure too,

What's the damage? If not convenient here, can pm me?

Hello guys,

any lobang to change stock wipers to Bosch Aerotwin?

Been to Autobacs Ubi but they said for W176, the new wipers haven come yet.

Hey fellow Merc Owners,

I've got a recall letter for my CLA200 and it says something of the steering wheel having some issues. [confused]

Any of you guys affected by this?

Thanks.

got the steering wheel column recall letter for my A and GLA class, just make appointment with your service center and let them check.

So far I have not encountered any issues with steering.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hello guys,

any lobang to change stock wipers to Bosch Aerotwin?

Been to Autobacs Ubi but they said for W176, the new wipers haven come yet.

got the steering wheel column recall letter for my A and GLA class, just make appointment with your service center and let them check.

So far I have not encountered any issues with steering.

seems like a common problem for the A platform.. 

Wanted to get some view from the gurus on what I shd do next or wait for my appt date....

Sent in to ubi w/o an appt regarding my eco start/stop (not working) and was told by the technician/consultant that I wld hve to get an appt to do a thorough check but it wld very likely to be weak battery. Told him if they could do a quick check cos the appt granted is 20 june and my car wld hv stalled before the 20 june. He replied to off my eco start/stop each time i start my car.

Again, I told him I am not ready to take this risk and he replied that's all he could do.

Base on wat he said, the batt could be drain partly by engine start up.

Also it can be drain by all the lights like the welcome light, interior night light if never turn off during daytime, day running light etc.

Disable or turn off all of the lights, only the day running light can only be off when engine is off.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, does anyone have any reviews on RikeCool solar film provided by C&C? Is it worthwhile to top-up for Huper Optik? Main concern is heat rejection.

Thanks in advance!

Neutral Newbie

Most cars have Huber Optik as standard.

yeah I realise...SE not willing to budge so am wondering if worthwhile to top-up. Read one review that said that standard RikeCool from C&C doesn't reject heat very well. How's Huper Optik working for you?

yeah I realise...SE not willing to budge so am wondering if worthwhile to top-up. Read one review that said that standard RikeCool from C&C doesn't reject heat very well. How's Huper Optik working for you?

Huber isn't something very special bro, there are many grades in each brand, it does not mean Huber beats Rike Cool. If you need to top up, you might as well check and do it outside.

• Praise 1

Rather than reading reviews, it is best to try out how good the respective film are.

one thing about Huper Optik is the non-metallic ceramic technology: don't need to cut a hole at the IU to allow better signal transmission.

I think the idea will be the same for cellphone and GPS signals.

I installed a higher grade Huper 15-16 years back, cost me above $1k. After 10 years it started to degrade, some delamination and some parts turned cloudy. Heat rejection was good though. I had also installed V-Cool before but did not keep that car for 10 years. My C&C W211's film lasted fine for 10 years except I was unhappy because the film was uneven when it goes over the rear defogger and the view was slightly blurred. This issue might be solved for the newer models. I will just take the free film.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1