Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

my car only 1 year plus old! sent it in and its some electronic gear transmission problem or so they said. recalibrated the computer system and back to normal. i'm just surprised it's happening soon after purchase...

Hope this issue is settled for you. One of my friend who drives an S class had to change his transmission for 21k at cnc some years back.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hope this issue is settled for you. One of my friend who drives an S class had to change his transmission for 21k at cnc some years back.

thanks

yup settled, as good as new. just wondering how come can happen so soon after purchase

• Praise 1

so much for the reliability of the brand

my car only 1 year plus old! sent it in and its some electronic gear transmission problem or so they said. recalibrated the computer system and back to normal. i'm just surprised it's happening soon after purchase...

• Praise 2

so much for the reliability of the brand

yup. actually this car first week brand new already gave problem. door lining started peeling off and windscreen wiper juddering.

yup. actually this car first week brand new already gave problem. door lining started peeling off and windscreen wiper juddering.

I am surprised the build quality of the C is so bad.

You should not be surprise as its just a post. We cannot believe 100% what we see or read online. If that post comes attached with invoice or correspondence emails, then we cannot doubt the facts. 

Supersonic
(edited)

Is the QC in South Africa that bad?

Maybe get the PI ones that are from Germany?

Edited by DACH

Supersonic

maybe a lemon? then again i would expect C&C to compensate.

hearsay they had a new contract drafted from 1st july 2018 with a new grooming vendor. Could be due to the barrage of negative feedbacks, so hope things would improve.

• Praise 2

Knn, read the comment:

"北京奔驰嘛 很正常"

Merc made in tiongland ish liddat!

https://youtu.be/e7zznnnavp8

Hope that C&C don't import these MIC's merc.

With the cheaper cost price, i won't be surprise they will import from China if there is a "right-hand-drive" version.

Hope that C&C don't import these MIC's merc.

With the cheaper cost price, i won't be surprise they will import from China if there is a "right-hand-drive" version.

If they do import, they will get them from Pekan.. RHD and cheaper too... and I wonder if they will actually be of better quality than the factory in South London..

You should not be surprise as its just a post. We cannot believe 100% what we see or read online. If that post comes attached with invoice or correspondence emails, then we cannot doubt the facts. 

i can PM you photos, videos, invoices and all my correspondence with them C&C people if you want. i have all the records.

• Praise 1

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691933-2014-mercedes-benz-c-class/?p=6099438

here is a post i wrote last year about the door lining issue which happened during week 1 of ownership. go and see the pics for yourself.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691933-2014-mercedes-benz-c-class/?p=6099438

here is a post i wrote last year about the door lining issue which happened during week 1 of ownership. go and see the pics for yourself.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691933-2014-mercedes-benz-c-class/?p=6125610

and here you can download videos i took of the windscreen judder (which left some residue which could not be wiped off.. had to send to C&C to polish) and the software refusing to start after starting the car engine.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

i can PM you photos, videos, invoices and all my correspondence with them C&C people if you want. i have all the records.

Why bother?. Just because he thinks Mercedes is faultless, you need to show him proof otherwise?

Mercedes just like every other manufacturer also has their faults and disasters in engine and systems design.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

The lower end Mercedes models do have a lower QC ..

Your Toyota and honda cars may use cheap plastics but their fit and finish won’t be embarrassed by the entry level conti cars.

The differentiation comes in safety features and other gadgets. And of course the badge ..

↡ Advertisement