Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

ya i have been pumping 95 for the past 3yrs+ no issue. if i not wrong bmw states 98 so operating cost still lower for merc.

Nah. BMW 3 litres also 95.
↡ Advertisement

currently looking at c180 from cycle and carriage

list price is 176k however i understand the sales executive are luberal on discount, vouchers and overtrade

anyone who bought recently can share on the perks given

C&C package is generally fairly standard 

what is your offered package? 

for C180 in recent road show

-5k discount

-5k Overtrade

-4-6k service vouchers

-1-1.5k car insurance renewal

currently looking at c180 from cycle and carriage
list price is 176k however i understand the sales executive are luberal on discount, vouchers and overtrade
anyone who bought recently can share on the perks given

• Praise 5

C180 must be the best selling car in Singapore

Just now at T junction

Beside me C180

Behind me C180

On my right oncoming traffic 2 C180/200

In front of me 1 C180/200

I see until blur.

Looks like everyone aspires to own a Mercy

• Praise 1

C180 must be the best selling car in Singapore

Just now at T junction

Beside me C180

Behind me C180

On my right oncoming traffic 2 C180/200

In front of me 1 C180/200

I see until blur.

Looks like everyone aspires to own a Mercy

ð

Yup. It is a mass market car now but i must say it is pretty handsome car.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Try to exchange the star polish and nano sealant for cash or discount. Their grooming service sucks super big time, damage your car.

Edited by Majordan

Supersonic

Yup. It is a mass market car now but i must say it is pretty handsome car.

I thought the CLA and A class are more mass market?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

I thought the CLA and A class are more mass market?  [laugh]

No, mass market = A, B, C & CLA

CLA and C class are priced very closely, in fact, movement of COE negates the price difference; CLA bought last year costs more than a C class today! In Germany the cost difference is only a few k and it boils down to preference rather than price for one to choose between the two.

I dare say any Merc below 2 liter = mass market! Premium starts with E & S class. Luxury starts with Maybach or any of the AMG line.

Don't say my standard very high. If you understand that the cars we're talking about are actually very cheap elsewhere, you will agree with me. Our car prices are actually over-inflated so even an A class to us is ATAS!

Edited by Pmet

"any Merc below 2 liter = mass market! "

Mass market car usually refers to a car that the vast majority or masses are using or can afford

Everyone agrees that Car prices are hugely inflated here. So comparisons probably fairer within the local context   

Luxury is relative because in some places in the world, a small motor bike is already a luxury item 

If it is a widely accepted view locally that a <2L Merc is considered a mass market car, It goes to show how far we have come

The definition or standard of luxury has gone up several notches  [:p]

CLA and C class are priced very closely, in fact, movement of COE negates the price difference; CLA bought last year costs more than a C class today! In Germany the cost difference is only a few k and it boils down to preference rather than price for one to choose between the two.

I dare say any Merc below 2 liter = mass market! Premium starts with E & S class. Luxury starts with Maybach or any of the AMG line.

Don't say my standard very high. If you understand that the cars we're talking about are actually very cheap elsewhere, you will agree with me. Our car prices are actually over-inflated so even an A class to us is ATAS!

• Praise 3

It's just the delta bro..

And we should compare like with like..

Eg, take a  C Class, which represents the entry point into the luxury car world until the MFA platform showed up.

It's has the legroom and interior dimensions of a Corolla or Impreza, but it also has a lot more safety features and mod cons.

Plus a more powerful engine. So for the difference of about 50-60k, depending on what you pay, you get the badge, plus actual differences which also translate into higher OMV. 

Is that worth it, or should you get the more basic sedan? Ah... YMMV..

Just like the quintessential Casio, all the functions you need. Why buy a Tag, Rolex or Omega? Well, because you can, and because it represents a certain image, and prestige or exclusivity. 

None of these are really essential to life, but if you have some extra cash, it's something that those with it will also consider.

Just some food for thought..

Is it snob appeal, or are those who don't drive it saying it's not VFM?

Well a long time ago, there was a Chivas Regal ad (another non life essential item), and it never showed the product.. remember that ad? 

• Praise 4

Twincharged

It's just the delta bro..

And we should compare like with like..

Eg, take a C Class, which represents the entry point into the luxury car world until the MFA platform showed up.

It's has the legroom and interior dimensions of a Corolla or Impreza, but it also has a lot more safety features and mod cons.

Plus a more powerful engine. So for the difference of about 50-60k, depending on what you pay, you get the badge, plus actual differences which also translate into higher OMV.

Is that worth it, or should you get the more basic sedan? Ah... YMMV..

Just like the quintessential Casio, all the functions you need. Why buy a Tag, Rolex or Omega? Well, because you can, and because it represents a certain image, and prestige or exclusivity.

None of these are really essential to life, but if you have some extra cash, it's something that those with it will also consider.

Just some food for thought..

Is it snob appeal, or are those who don't drive it saying it's not VFM?

Well a long time ago, there was a Chivas Regal ad (another non life essential item), and it never showed the product.. remember that ad?

Good analogy with Casio and the mechanical watches of Rolex omega tag. The Maintenance is also more. Have to service etc.

digital or quartz movement Casio just goes on and on and on.

I thought the CLA and A class are more mass market? [laugh]

For some must buy S class then can be satki. But then so many s320/400 around. So get s600 more betterer!

Agreed.