Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

6 hours ago, Chrislancer said:

Bought a200 at 159k

Trade in vezel 60k left 6years 2mths

Sounds like a fair price for your Vezel. With 75k km servicing I am assuming service credits of 6-8k?  Plus the PPS, battery, brakes, aircon wash, fuel vouchers, etc., that is about another 5k. Then 2k for the iPhone so total about 13-15k, which brings your net cost to 144-146k?  Seems like an ok deal considering it is from AD.  

I don't normally factor in value to solar film, cameras, welcome pack, etc. That's pretty standard with every car if you take the loan with them. Which brings up the other key point which is how long is the loan and how much is the downpayment as that adds to your effective cost. 

Congrats!  You will enjoy the change in ride quality from your Vezel to A200.  

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Halo said:

Sounds like a fair price for your Vezel. With 75k km servicing I am assuming service credits of 6-8k?  Plus the PPS, battery, brakes, aircon wash, fuel vouchers, etc., that is about another 5k. Then 2k for the iPhone so total about 13-15k, which brings your net cost to 144-146k?  Seems like an ok deal considering it is from AD.  

I don't normally factor in value to solar film, cameras, welcome pack, etc. That's pretty standard with every car if you take the loan with them. Which brings up the other key point which is how long is the loan and how much is the downpayment as that adds to your effective cost. 

Thats why i consider this good offer even w/o amg line. AMG line need wait 8mths. Buying from pi which i tot so at 1st. But i see those long term saving from servicing, i choose c&c, the parf will be higher too 🙂 i down 40% and loan 60% 🙂

7 hours ago, Wormee said:

With all these in, do they still include the 5k servicing credits? 

Now no more servicing credits, i think the package is worth better then the 5k credits 🙂

Edited by Chrislancer

3 hours ago, Chrislancer said:

Now no more servicing credits, i think the package is worth better then the 5k credits 🙂

Good deal. 

6 hours ago, Halo said:

Hmm, I did a rough calculation again, given 75,000km servicing based on 15,000km intervals, that be 5 x servicing. Estimated 3 x minor ($500) and 2 x major ($1,500) that be $4,500. Close to 5k servicing credits. Any Merc owners can confirm how many major serving would be in the range of 75,000km?

Then again, bro Chrislancer got a iPhone 11 Pro max at $2,039 retail, the car essentials are 2k, his effective price would be about 150k?

The price for their Cat B cars increased 5k after the 4k+ COE increased in last week's bidding. 

Edited by Wormee

21 hours ago, Chrislancer said:

hi owners, i just got a deal from C&C hatch A200, they claim they do some mega promotion,

Serving package up to 75km
3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash
1 x star interior cleaning

i x iphone 11 Pro max 256GB

solar films
mats
head support cushions

car camera t8 or thinkware

merc welcome package accessories
Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

Based on own experience just sharing how long the items will last...

3 x wiper blade change - one change every year
1 x battery change - about after 2 years
1 x front brake pads - about 45k servicing
1 x rear brake pads - about 45k servicing
2 pps paint protection - one every year
2 x aircon chemical wash - one every year
1 x star interior cleaning - up to you

imo..the previous caressentials package + service credits will last longer..

my car is almost 3 years old..i still have credits left and have utilised the caressentials package

Fyi

i placed some links to the process of buying in my signature 

those using a Mobile site may not see the links ..

On 10/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, Wormee said:

Hmm, I did a rough calculation again, given 75,000km servicing based on 15,000km intervals, that be 5 x servicing. Estimated 3 x minor ($500) and 2 x major ($1,500) that be $4,500. Close to 5k servicing credits. Any Merc owners can confirm how many major serving would be in the range of 75,000km?

Then again, bro Chrislancer got a iPhone 11 Pro max at $2,039 retail, the car essentials are 2k, his effective price would be about 150k?

The price for their Cat B cars increased 5k after the 4k+ COE increased in last week's bidding. 

Ya i plan to sell the iphone away.

I know 60km is about $2k+++ at c&c

On 10/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, jk228b said:

Based on own experience just sharing how long the items will last...

3 x wiper blade change - one change every year
1 x battery change - about after 2 years
1 x front brake pads - about 45k servicing
1 x rear brake pads - about 45k servicing
2 pps paint protection - one every year
2 x aircon chemical wash - one every year
1 x star interior cleaning - up to you

imo..the previous caressentials package + service credits will last longer..

my car is almost 3 years old..i still have credits left and have utilised the caressentials package

I think is work around the same. I only gain the iphone i guess 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, Chrislancer said:

hi owners, i just got a deal from C&C hatch A200, they claim they do some mega promotion,

Serving package up to 75km
3 x wiper blade change
1 x battery change
1 x front brake pads
1 x rear brake pads
2 pps paint protection
2 x aircon chemical wash
1 x star interior cleaning

i x iphone 11 Pro max 256GB

solar films
mats
head support cushions

car camera t8 or thinkware

merc welcome package accessories
Backpack
bottle
umberella
torch
key pouch
$12 cash card
2 x perfume

500 merc shop vouchers
500 shell fuel vouchers

Good deal???

I was at the showroom on 12th Oct looking at the C180 and was offered the new promo package. However, my trade-in car value compared to what the same SE quoted me on 31st August was $15,000 less. So in less than 2 months, I will be paying $15,000 higher although the COE only went up by $2,759 in between. So I think the earlier promotion could be better.   

Edited by Dreamer69

i'm not sure if this is allowed..if it's not admin pls delete this...

Am changing to another make but I have about $500+ credits left..so if anyone wants anything from the Merc boutique or is already planning to, we can work sth out...preference is for someone to take all $500+...we can go down to the boutique together..thanks! 

Can pm me thanks!

Edited by jk228b
  • Praise 1

Hi, is there anyone having problem with lags in the transmission. It's difficult to explain but I will try my best. I have a Mercedes C300 2015 4MATIC and it has 60 000km. Recently, I was rolling normally and the check engine light appeared. I stopped on the side of the road and the motor was like shaking more than usual. I stopped the engine and started it again and it stopped shaking. I got home without no problem. The check engine light stopped showing. 3 days after, I drove my car and the transmission was lagging but I'm not sur if it was the transmission or the engine because it was not when I was shifting it was when I rolled. It was having difficulties accelerating. When the motor was at his normal heat, everything stopped lagging and it was normal. This morning, my car did the same thing but lagging even harder. The check engine light came back and when the motor was at his normal temperature everything came back to normal but the check engine light didn't go away. Can someone help me? Thanks

Saw a bright yellow SLS pumping at Shell, and using 95... so I guess if that works for the mighty SLS, it should work for more humble models 🙂

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, therock said:

Saw a bright yellow SLS pumping at Shell, and using 95... so I guess if that works for the mighty SLS, it should work for more humble models 🙂

Mighty or not, N/A engines are more knock tolerant and can use lower RON. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, virginia0234 said:

Hi, is there anyone having problem with lags in the transmission. It's difficult to explain but I will try my best. I have a Mercedes C300 2015 4MATIC and it has 60 000km. Recently, I was rolling normally and the check engine light appeared. I stopped on the side of the road and the motor was like shaking more than usual. I stopped the engine and started it again and it stopped shaking. I got home without no problem. The check engine light stopped showing. 3 days after, I drove my car and the transmission was lagging but I'm not sur if it was the transmission or the engine because it was not when I was shifting it was when I rolled. It was having difficulties accelerating. When the motor was at his normal heat, everything stopped lagging and it was normal. This morning, my car did the same thing but lagging even harder. The check engine light came back and when the motor was at his normal temperature everything came back to normal but the check engine light didn't go away. Can someone help me? Thanks

send it to a workshop to diagnose the error? 

if under warranty and depending on where you got it from, send it back to the dealer. 

if its from a PI or resale unit, then go to workshops recommended by folks here. 

↡ Advertisement