Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, suqicake said:

hi all

Collecting my suv soon. Would like to check if those C&C given package paint protection system, are they the same as those outside 9H or whatever coating? What would you advise to protect the pain from stone chip?

Thanks

HI! Congrats on your new car!

Erm. usually for stone chip level kind of damage, the paint protection is no help one. Paint protection basically is a protection for your lacquer. So you paint is protected by the lacquer, and your lacquer is protected by the paint protection.

If you daily in singapore, I don't foresee any stone chip. Our roads are quite clean from debris.

But if you frequent malaysia alot, then I will recommend you to get the PPF, Paint Protection Flim. That one can protect you from stone chip.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

HI! Congrats on your new car!

Erm. usually for stone chip level kind of damage, the paint protection is no help one. Paint protection basically is a protection for your lacquer. So you paint is protected by the lacquer, and your lacquer is protected by the paint protection.

If you daily in singapore, I don't foresee any stone chip. Our roads are quite clean from debris.

But if you frequent malaysia alot, then I will recommend you to get the PPF, Paint Protection Flim. That one can protect you from stone chip.

thank you for the advise.

i travel through seletar for work and there are many cement or gravel trucks and some area are plenty of stones.

For PFP, what is the market rate for SUV such as GLE? would is cause the paint to have different color when we replace them?

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, suqicake said:

thank you for the advise.

i travel through seletar for work and there are many cement or gravel trucks and some area are plenty of stones.

For PFP, what is the market rate for SUV such as GLE? would is cause the paint to have different color when we replace them?

Ahhh. That is a good question. discolouring will happen if you use inferior PPF. Try to hunt for smth that is reputable in the market.

I can think of STEK or XPEL. These are good brands that can promise the protection and performance of the film.

I will recommend you to do front headlight and front bumper. If you want, maybe the bonnet also.

Don't need to do the whole car. It might cost you an arm and leg.

If head light and bumper, I estimate it is about 400 plus? 80 for the headlights, and 300 plus for the bumper. The more surface area you cover, the more ex it will be.

If you intend to do PPF, I will recommend you to find a workshop, and drive down straight to the workshop and do the PPF, the paint condition will be very good, so they no need to do any paint correction before they start the PPF. 🙂 

Hope this helps!

• Praise 2

On 3/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, fesa7044 said:

I have oredi tell u what u needs to noe abt the 204 & u posted dis?

after yr purchase of the C ?

write a review on dat to update ppl who might be interested in dis range of cars.

perhaps update lurkers here who’s interested on their first foray into the world of mercedes..

Then after checking out their respective wshop do a write up on them too,good, bad or indifferent..

Anwae do u noe how to use the tip tronic on the 7G tronic?

tot u  might ask rather than the manual?

haha

I think I have the freedom to ask for more insights in an open forum, especially when making a huge purchase. 🙂

Coming from an old Vios, the c180 is definitely an upgrade over comfort, build quality and noise insulation.

I do find that the acceleration from stop is lousy. I did some reading, the manual says this is for fuel efficiency in "Economy mode". Maybe I will try someday in "Sports mode" to see the difference.

Others say this could be due to "turbo lag". I have checked out some tuning sites but dun think I need to do it though. I can live with it cos I still drive the Merc like a Vios, lol.

If you love to share the tips on 7G tronic, I will definitely welcome it, but I hope you do not expect an immediate report. 😉

• Praise 1

Given a budget to choose between w205 or W212. 

W212 for the space but looked aged. 

W205 for the fresher look albeit smaller interior space. 

Would need to view the C to see whether it is that much more cramp compared to a E. 

What would your choice be? 

Just now, Hamburger said:

Would need to view the C to see whether it is that much more cramp compared to a E. 

Very different cars bro, depending on your needs...

W205 is more sporty but far more cramped. Also build quality is lower.

The W212 is well built and will last.

But larger may not suit some. 

I'll take the E Class personally.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Ahhh. That is a good question. discolouring will happen if you use inferior PPF. Try to hunt for smth that is reputable in the market.

I can think of STEK or XPEL. These are good brands that can promise the protection and performance of the film.

I will recommend you to do front headlight and front bumper. If you want, maybe the bonnet also.

Don't need to do the whole car. It might cost you an arm and leg.

If head light and bumper, I estimate it is about 400 plus? 80 for the headlights, and 300 plus for the bumper. The more surface area you cover, the more ex it will be.

If you intend to do PPF, I will recommend you to find a workshop, and drive down straight to the workshop and do the PPF, the paint condition will be very good, so they no need to do any paint correction before they start the PPF. 🙂 

Hope this helps!

Noted. Can PM me on the shop to recommend for PFP STEK or XPEL?

Internal Moderator
57 minutes ago, suqicake said:

STEK would be great, close to my office.

Thanks

Haha. Buy me coffee next time when we meet! 🙂

1 hour ago, suqicake said:

Noted. Can PM me on the shop to recommend for PFP STEK or XPEL?

Paint Protection Film? I use Absolute Performance. The guy is called Jeremiah. Nice guy. Will do at my home. I use him for all my cars. You want the HP pls PM me. 

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Coming from 7, i will say E

• Sad 1

I use Rikecool. Fantastic work. Important things to note is:

Light colour cars - avoid joints on the bonnet - use single sheet. Inexperienced ones put joints. If it is white car and if you park under son, I would recoomend to go for Ceramic type PPS over PPF, otherwise after 2 years, the colour will look dull.

Youo may consider doing just half and some areas at the back. Full car is not necessary. Full car will be 4k plus.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Paint Protection Film? I use Absolute Performance. The guy is called Jeremiah. Nice guy. Will do at my home. I use him for all my cars. You want the HP pls PM me. 

This one in Jurong right? Heard about them too. Could you please PM me the cost, say for your 1er?

1 hour ago, Steptronic said:

This one in Jurong right? Heard about them too. Could you please PM me the cost, say for your 1er?

Gosh I can't recall the cost, but I'll pm you the contact.

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

this is quite expensive right? My friend did solar film and PPF with vkool. He said cost around 4k

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement