Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Given a budget to choose between w205 or W212. 

W212 for the space but looked aged. 

W205 for the fresher look albeit smaller interior space. 

Would need to view the C to see whether it is that much more cramp compared to a E. 

What would your choice be? 

W212 for retirees [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

this is quite expensive right? My friend did solar film and PPF with vkool. He said cost around 4k

Woah. he do full car wrap arh?

PPF is not cheap. The flim plus the worksmanship. So it can cost quite a bit.

I only PPF my headlight. Other than that, I just let it be naked.

31 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. he do full car wrap arh?

PPF is not cheap. The flim plus the worksmanship. So it can cost quite a bit.

I only PPF my headlight. Other than that, I just let it be naked.

Your headlight? Why? 

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Your headlight? Why? 

Oh. old car mah. The headlight don't have the UV coating protection le. So I went to polish my headlight then I paste the PPF to protect the headlight from hazing again.

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Would need to view the C to see whether it is that much more cramp compared to a E. 

W205FL is relatively new, just out last yr 2019 - for C200

C160 just out about 1-2 months back , on the roads liao

E class - end of life (new FL) coming in about 9 months time (PI) , AD - 1 yr earliest - my estimates 2021 April- June (based on previous MB launch )

if you are desperate , just call your friendly PI SE , they will give u a answer

new E class will come in MBUX - u can read all the specs online

if you want low SES E160/180 - can order with Cycle  

Edited by TeamAMG69

But I would say the w205 does  look modern while the same cannot be said for the w212.

Sitting in the cockpit of w212 is no different than the w204. Sorry to say but it's uncle like interior  but the FL W 212 is extremely handsome looking though on the outside.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Hamburger said:

But I would say the w205 does  look modern while the same cannot be said for the w212.

Like I said bro, it depends on your needs..

I drove the W205 for a week in UK. The cabin was really cramped and I'm just average in height. I guess I'm an uncle, but it was hard to get in and out. The door aperture was smaller and the rear legroom was not impressive. A Corolla offers more legroom.

The car was very stable on the highway - saved me during a storm in UK.. and the power was solid, but it's ultimately a small sedan with a cabin comparable to a compact sedan like the Corolla or Civic. You can push the seats back, but could not really get that comfortable in it.

The new A Class sedan I drove was far more comfortable for me. Legroom was better too. 

10 minutes ago, therock said:

I drove the W205 for a week in UK. The cabin was really cramped and I'm just average in height. I guess I'm an uncle, but it was hard to get in and out. The door aperture was smaller and the rear legroom was not impressive. A Corolla offers more legroom.

The car was very stable on the highway - saved me during a storm in UK.. and the power was solid, but it's ultimately a small sedan with a cabin comparable to a compact sedan like the Corolla or Civic. You can push the seats back, but could not really get that comfortable in it.

The new A Class sedan I drove was far more comfortable for me. Legroom was better too. 

What i don’t like about merc is that driver left foot well really cramped and small, unless u driving S class. 

The A, C and even E barely fit in my left shoe and at times it will brush my left shoe when i brake. 

also for W212 the steering wheel is not straight pointed to driver but abit slanted on left. 

other than that not much issue, great car

On 3/12/2020 at 9:47 AM, Hamburger said:

Take the w212, get the avantgarde model so it will look more sporty otherwise get the facelift version. 

205 space slightly smaller than 212 in back and boot wise smaller alot

used to drive 212, its a nice car to own. Very solid

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Take the w212, get the avantgarde model so it will look more sporty otherwise get the facelift version. 

205 space slightly smaller than 212 in back and boot wise smaller alot

used to drive 212, its a nice car to own. Very solid

I am actually less concerned about boot space than the rear bench. The w212 cockpit kind of old school  and if nothing fit,  die die wait for superb!!!!!!!

• Haha! 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, therock said:

Reporting back from CnC.

Sat in the  C lass and quickly went over to the next car beside. The new E180.

Cheapest E class with 1.6L  and was invited for a test drive. Power was just about adequate with some lag at low speed. NVH is expected of a E class.

Sitting inside the w213, be it  as the  driver  or as the passenger, i felt it somewhat fell short of the comfort of G30.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Reporting back from CnC.

Cheapest E class with 1.6L  and was invited for a test drive. Power was just about adequate with some lag at low speed. NVH is expected of a E class.

Sitting inside the w213, be it  as the  driver  or as the passenger, i felt it somewhat fell short of the comfort of G30.

If you can afford the E180, I'll say that's a better bet than your original two choices.

The G30 is a lot more costly..

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Reporting back from CnC.

W213 should be comfortable

worse than G30 based on general feel or the seats?

Merc seats generally are not comfortable enough relative to many others

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

worse than G30 based on general feel or the seats?

The rear seats. Be it the foot well or the inclination seems to be off for me.

Driver seat. I do feels that it was more shifted the the left side while the g30 is more centralised. 

12 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

The rear seats. Be it the foot well or the inclination seems to be off for me.

Driver seat. I do feels that it was more shifted the the left side while the g30 is more centralised. 

Merc steering off centre?

↡ Advertisement