Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

I thought the effective price they have on display is from 149888? I just came from motor show but I did not talk with the se to see how the price is arrived. Don't want to feel sad. Just go there and sit in the car and see other stuff :)

I suspect the sums are 170888 - 5k (motor show/cny) - 10k (over trade) - 5k servicing = brings you to 150888 (another 1k discount/over trade/insurance rebate) to bring it to 149888 (that's how C&C justify the 149888 price)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It is very easy to hit 168k if u include the freebies. Even a Super crappy car can hit this number so that is why they can advertise it I think. Especially if it is subjected to a big loan

Just wondering bro, why didn't you get the C180?

A bit more, but a better platform, more power and better ride etc?

Furthermore, the rear leg and head room is much better, especially since you are looking for a family car?

Anyhow, welcome to the club! 

Furthermore, the rear leg and head room is much better, especially since you are looking for a family car?

main thing is the look and the cost. the sb is better than the coupe for rear headroom. My head literally hit the roof in the rear for the coupe but not for the sb.

I think legroom is ok. I really did not do a detailed comparison between Cla vs c180 though. The sb was close to my max budget

Whatever you guys are discussing about the package, is it restricted to this shows only. Not valid if I walk into their show room next week?

On paper it says until 15th but there will always be new promotions coming in.. like cny, etc.

Edited by Wind30

Thanks for sharing..

SB = shooting brake?

I am guess the coupe will be even less?

BTW

Can the Audio 20 support two handphones in Bluetooth mode?

I.e. connect both devices, so when the phone goes off in either phone, it will connect, with either phone via the speaker / mike?

Thanks

I'd second that.

The RWD platform of the C-Class is better and more costly to manufacture, as reflected in its higher OMV, at parity engine size.

Turn-in and sweeping corners at high speed (on the dry) is certainly a notch above the FWD CLA.

In the wet, gotta be wary of oversteer tendency for the RWD (but the FWD will understeer anyway) when traction is lost on either.

The C-Class' chassis-suspension setup and NVH insulation is also a tad better, IMHO ... both traditional Merc attributes.

One more thing..

The CLA has frameless door and one lady member came in to complain bitterly about NVH and wind ..

So do take note bro .. the CLA has lovely lines but I personally like the C class more.. maybe because I'm older .. ha ha

One more thing..

The CLA has frameless door and one lady member came in to complain bitterly about NVH and wind ..

So do take note bro .. the CLA has lovely lines but I personally like the C class more.. maybe because I'm older .. ha ha

I remember reading about that but think it happens at 120km/h only and the techs at merc said they can't help her because cars in SIngapore cannot go above 90km/h! [laugh] 

I remember reading about that but think it happens at 120km/h only and the techs at merc said they can't help her because cars in SIngapore cannot go above 90km/h! [laugh]

Bushahaha

Dear all, I am a new comer for this forum. Need your advice on some issues with my 9-year old S350L (2007). 

The ABS yellow light has been on a while ago, and on dashboard some rotating messages such as 'ABS and ESP not inoperative', 'Run flat not inoperative'...car could be driven without issue until yesterday the Steering became hard, and sometimes backwarding function was locked. 

Went to one workshop and told me the possibilities: 

1. ABS sensor faulty: need a few hundreds

2. ABS pump faulty: need $2K plus

need some experience from you to advise if you've had similar cases before. Thanks a lot. 

Sorry to add on - if I switched off the car, and restarted, the backwarding function resumes, hard steering disappear...but after driving for a while, it came back...it's quite more than disturbing now.  If you could advise on some workshop please recommend..Thanks again !

I remember reading about that but think it happens at 120km/h only and the techs at merc said they can't help her because cars in SIngapore cannot go above 90km/h! [laugh] 

I read about this too :) I know the rattling, noise issues for the CLA. 

I just went jogging and I counted 3 C Class, 1 B class, 1 expensive class, 1 one class mercs around my estate. No CLA....

I guess most people do go for the C class as it is more traditional merc look/built. I just like the CLA look, not very particular about the drive, anything is probably a huge upgrade from my 9 year old 1.5l slyphy. 

Just saw Jonesy post on the C180. It also does look a bit above my budget. 

Edited by Wind30

I read about this too :) I know the rattling, noise issues for the CLA. 

I just went jogging and I counted 3 C Class, 1 B class, 1 expensive class, 1 one class mercs around my estate. No CLA....

I guess most people do go for the C class as it is more traditional merc look/built. I just like the CLA look, not very particular about the drive, anything is probably a huge upgrade from my 9 year old 1.5l slyphy. 

Just saw Jonesy post on the C180. It also does look a bit above my budget. 

Bro

I have no right to dictate how you spend your hard earned cash, nor am I a seller, but since you posted on a forum, soliciting advice, I stick my head out and offer some..

IMHO, you seem to be a man of means, and if I understand the sums, the C180 will be about 10-15k more than the CLA Shooting Brake?

Now unless you are really hard up for that styling, some points you want to consider:

- there is a reason why you see more of the other types of Merc. And when it comes to the day you sell it, perhaps that will matter too? Especially the Shooting Brake style, it's really not common

- RWD vs FWD

- build quality 

- features

- C180 engine, gearbox are all different

- legroom + headroom

- NVH

I think the extra outlay amortised over 10 years, isn't that bad. Plus the OMV, resale factored in, IMO, the C180 is a reasonable price for a good car. I don't have that kind of budget, so I didn't go for it, and I don't like S African made cars either, but I just want you to have a think whilst the ink is still wet on your contract.. cheers 

Part of the reason I bought the sb is that it really is not that common. I understand the c180 is probably the better built car and a better choice rationally :) as you can tell that most people arrive at that conclusion forgoing the cheaper cla and getting the c class.

I thought once u sign the contract you can't back out, does it matter if the ink is still wet :)

Buying cars is also emotive in nature.. 

Anyway, so long as you like it.

As for changing cars, well you only signed today and you are upgrading, so I don't see why not. 

But hey, you like it, and that's the most important.

It's a sweet ride, and I am sure you will enjoy the countdown to it's arrival!

Turbocharged

Part of the reason I bought the sb is that it really is not that common. I understand the c180 is probably the better built car and a better choice rationally :) as you can tell that most people arrive at that conclusion forgoing the cheaper cla and getting the c class.

I thought once u sign the contract you can't back out, does it matter if the ink is still wet :)

The rear is subjective to individuals.. the egg like look didn't grow on me, though I like wagons too.

Another the width.. bui bui passengers will have problems LOL

I sat in the rear of my Account Director's CLA once..every time he went over the hump, I hit my head on the roof.. if only the CLA is a tad larger like the C class...

Actually uncommon or hard to sell later is not an issue if the car is reliable and next time can consider extending COE.

The rear is subjective to individuals.. the egg like look didn't grow on me, though I like wagons too.

Another the width.. bui bui passengers will have problems LOL

I sat in the rear of my Account Director's CLA once..every time he went over the hump, I hit my head on the roof.. if only the CLA is a tad larger like the C class...

Checked the dimensions, the width at the rear seats for Shooting brake is smaller by 5cm vs the C180 but all the rest are pretty similar. 

I am 1.78m and I literally hit the roof seating in the coupe rear, no need hump. The shooting back is ok for me. The main thing is the blocked view because of the low windows if you are tall. 

Guys have anyone taken a loan with merc Benz financial services? Seems that there in house loan can either be with dbs or mbfs. Mbfs 1% prepayment penalty is on outstanding principal while bank penalty is based initial loan amount.

Anything other differences?

↡ Advertisement