Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

Bros

Any special instructions after doing the Nano?

Like don't drive for a few hours / don't get it wet etc ?

Thanks

No. Dun pin your hopes too high. Itz okish

↡ Advertisement

Bros

Any special instructions after doing the Nano?

Like don't drive for a few hours / don't get it wet etc ? 

Thanks

generally they will tell you let it cure overnight ... dont wash just leave it and then after one day ... u wash car only with water enough...

however, there are those that cure very fast like within 1-2 hours. 

play safe dont touch and leave it over night. but then if u drive then rain and thunder then too bad.

as for washing i just wash with plain water ..unless very different i use car detergent.. no impact to your nano.. no worry.. u can also wax but no meaning as wax drop since the nano suppose to prevent thing from sticky to the surface.

• Praise 1

Once you sign, there's a draft contract that you get, and the actual form is sent to you in less than a month. One more contract will be sent nearer the delivery date if it's much later.

Thanks for this, bro. Very helpful list. 

Hmm... my SE only gave me a one page document listing the details of the purchase and freebies, etc. There is a more formal contract that will be sent after this?

Thanks for this, bro. Very helpful list. 

Hmm... my SE only gave me a one page document listing the details of the purchase and freebies, etc. There is a more formal contract that will be sent after this?

Yes, you will receive a printed formal sales agreement.

Bros

How can you stay in manual mode? If I shift the paddles, after about 12s, it will go back to auto..

Put your gear stick to Manual.

Then shift paddles.

Won't go back to Auto, until you shift gear stick out of Manual mode.

Put your gear stick to Manual.

Then shift paddles.

Won't go back to Auto, until you shift gear stick out of Manual mode.

Thanks but that doesn't apply to the MFA vehicles..

There's no manual selection up to the E Class, IIRC..

Separately, I found that lowest fuel one can use in a tight spot is 93 Ron for the higher models, and 91 for the 180s.

So in a pinch Ron 91 is possible, although I won't suggest starving such a nice car... treat your ride kindly, feed it well I say.. 

Yes, you will receive a printed formal sales agreement.

Thanks, will look out for it.  Which model did you get?  Did merc say how long the nano sealant will last?

select Sports + for your engine?

dynamic-select.jpg

Thanks but that doesn't apply to the MFA vehicles..

There's no manual selection up to the E Class, IIRC..

Separately, I found that lowest fuel one can use in a tight spot is 93 Ron for the higher models, and 91 for the 180s.

So in a pinch Ron 91 is possible, although I won't suggest starving such a nice car... treat your ride kindly, feed it well I say.. 

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/torque-shop-74

Found some interesting info on using the paddle shifts:

My car has paddle shifters and seven gears. I have the habit of skipping through the gears rapidly, like from sixth to third.

When I was driving a manual car, I used to shift directly from fourth to second gear. There was no damage to my manual car's gearbox then. But if I do it with my current car's paddle shifters, will I damage or wear out the transmission prematurely?

Unlike manual transmissions, it is not possible to shift directly from sixth to third in an automatic car.

You need to run down the sequence, through fifth and fourth, before arriving at third.

In a manual box, the driver did all the clutch work.

In an automated manual gearbox such as a double-clutch transmission, the computer makes all the decisions and commands the actuator to do the "clutch" work.

As the system is computer- controlled, there is no danger of shifting to a lower gear if the speed is too high for the ratio.

No matter how many times you flick the paddle, it will never switch from sixth to first, for example, at a speed of 80kmh.

It works for upshifts too. The transmission will not allow you to select a high gear if the speed is too low.

So there is no risk of damaging your vehicle's transmission if you paddle down (or up) rapidly.

Hi guys out of topic but please help!

I'm a new driver and my merz has a difficulty turning on, I can put my car key in but turning clockwise to ignite the engine is locked unless I try to go anti clockwise keeping left at the start then it allows me to go clockwise and start the engine...

Following which, everything seems normal for a 3 second before all my lights and air-conditioning, Windows controls goes inactive...

I saw the battery light on dashboard, is it because battery low?

I'm a new driver so need plenty of help soonest possible! Thanks in advance!

Hi guys out of topic but please help!

I'm a new driver and my merz has a difficulty turning on, I can put my car key in but turning clockwise to ignite the engine is locked unless I try to go anti clockwise keeping left at the start then it allows me to go clockwise and start the engine...

Following which, everything seems normal for a 3 second before all my lights and air-conditioning, Windows controls goes inactive...

I saw the battery light on dashboard, is it because battery low?

I'm a new driver so need plenty of help soonest possible! Thanks in advance!

How old the car? 

It's actually quite old car I'm not sure how old it is and it's actually a van, gonna scrap it this year!

Vito ah? Just scrap la. Any repair will bleed you.the old Vito is one of mercedes shittiest product.

Bros

Does anyone know if there's a separate tank for the rear window wiper?

I only see only tank to top up the wiper fluid..

Any special fluid or is H2O fine? Cheers

↡ Advertisement