Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

If someone flags your car, that got to be a chio chick [:p] Take it on....

If chio chick I don't mind haha.

But I remembered @RadX's nonsense and tried to buy a totally non cab like colour.

post-52704-0-89303000-1475236551_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... Still don't think it can be confused with ComfortCab right? [laugh]

(photo was taken at SECS event by people much better than me at photo taking haha).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Bros

I understand Merc don't come with an alarm system unless you specced it at the start, so what do you use ?

Any after market ?

Also any recommendation for a dvr with a park mode that doesn't touch the battery ?

But I remembered @RadX's nonsense and tried to buy a totally non cab like colour.

IMG-20160912-WA0018.jpg

(photo was taken at SECS event by people much better than me at photo taking haha).

This is a real beauty. Looks much better than M5.
  • Praise 2

Bros

I understand Merc don't come with an alarm system unless you specced it at the start, so what do you use ?

Any after market ?

Also any recommendation for a dvr with a park mode that doesn't touch the battery ?

No alarm, also nobody want to install since singapore so safe

For dvr park mode can use blackvue or bmw eye haha. Must touch the batt otherwise how to charge? Can use auto cut off

Thanks, my rep emphasised that if you touch or mod anything, it can void the warranty, so I am trying to keep within the terms.. 

First timer, plus I am generally cautious, so I will try to be obedient.

I also thought about adding Car Play, GPS and such, but I think it's simpler just to use my iPhone.. cheaper too.

Get a makan gathering going before CNY :)

I asked in the B class thread, no W246 owners here?

I only see seniors with very solid rides.. mine is a modest uncle ride..

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifIMG-20160912-WA0018.jpg

Nice.

I gotto stick to a smallish car cos I seriously think I will have a problem parking this monster as I get into a lot of mscp that are designed to kill beauties like this.

• Praise 2

Yes to drive this beauty, TF4 asked his parent in law to take MRT [:p]

My parent in law in India lah. :D

Anyway that's what my Wish is for. Peepur carrier. L

Nice.

I gotto stick to a smallish car cos I seriously think I will have a problem parking this monster as I get into a lot of mscp that are designed to kill beauties like this.

It's quite manoeuvrable but quite low so I have to be careful in carparks. The worst are those with humps when going down slope (which retarded sadist came up with those??) - I have to crawl like a crab, sideways. Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Bros

Is the ceiling cloth color always cream / beige?

I also found out that the antenna is built into the roof spoiler in the W246. The Audio 20 also has a volume levelling function. Got this info from the manual online.. 

Just FYI

I have gone to a few place to check things out, but if not touching the item is ok, online sites offer more options.

Some accessories are cheap from Amazon UK and Germany.

No free shipping, but when you take off the VAT, that pretty much covers shipping.

There are less stuff for a B class in Amazon USA, but for other models, there are plenty of accessories.

Aliexpress is ok too, and I have received the item I ordered, and the quality is fine.

• Praise 1

you mean the upper half/headliner fabric? Some models have black/dark grey option (FOC) in combination with different seat colour choice.

Bros

Is the ceiling cloth color always cream / beige?

I also found out that the antenna is built into the roof spoiler in the W246. The Audio 20 also has a volume levelling function. Got this info from the manual online.. 

• Praise 1

This is the DVR used in the basic models of Merc:

JS 400

http://tomocse.com.sg/product/js400/

The park mode has been disabled, as Merc says that it will drain the battery and void the warranty.

Thanks therock,

this is good info.  I wonder if we could add an external battery to the camera to operate the camera during park mode.  Previously my Blackvue utilizes such a solution.

• Praise 1

Agree that it's better sell it on your own...their recent offer trade in price was low and unattractive despite my car is a merc bought from them previously. I got much better quote from outside car dealers. 

On the contrary, I had a different experience with them.  I was offered a trade-in price that is over and above what Jaguar Land Rover and PML offered me for my Bimmer 5er that was previously bought from PML.

Having said that, I was purchasing the run-out W211 Edition E E200 so I'm sure C& C strategy was to throw in the usual `over-trade' to the used car price so that it makes it seem less painful that you did not `lose' so much on your trade-in car.  It sure work on me as I was already conditioned to the new car price as well as taking a significant hit on the trade in loss which is the usual case.  Despite that, it's still a significant of approximately $45k of `overtrade' and that's before adding the usual insurance, finance discounts, service credits, frills.

Let me explain:-

New Car E200 Published Price:

$257k

Old 5er:

1) Used Car Dealers selling equivalent model and age: $80-90k

2) Jaguar Land Rover Used Car Offer Price: $65k

3) PML Used Car Dealer Offer Price: $63k

4) C&C (Republic Auto) Offer Price: $115k (I know it's a ridiculous price coz it can't be higher than what Used Car Dealers are selling my 5er for)

So I guess it all boils down to how desperate C&C wants to clear stock.

• Praise 2

you mean the upper half/headliner fabric? Some models have black/dark grey option (FOC) in combination with different seat colour choice.

Yeah, wasn't aware of that :(

Anyway I chose black for the leather because I want something that won't look dirty easily. My current cream color leather does get dirty..

I have also found some tips and info useful from the sales reps:

- you can seek help in M'sia from C&C Malaysia, and claim the amount back if you are under warranty

- if you are under warranty, it's best to leave the car unmodified, for fear of voiding the warranty, but some have successfully done things like steering wheel, changed the HU etc

- you can add the Garmin GPS to the Audio 20 HU, Elebest does it, but I don't know if that voids the warranty. BTW, the Garmin system is not a touch screen one

- if you want to know the spare tire model no for the A/B/CLA class it's : 

16-inch space saver steel wheel (A24640026002000), spare wheel bag (A0005851195) and vehicle tool kit (B6685079128)

i went to Elebest.. actually thought of doing but when i there i see no customer worker idle and smoking and shop look dont give me confident. although i know cannot see the surface but i should at least feel confident leaving my car there but the fact is no lor

Freebies that you can expect from Merc:

1. 3k service credit. anything more depend your bargain and model. E and above will be like 5k. A, B and C i think only 3k but can ask for more. i did it for my other car. usually within 500$more
2.. JS front back camera sure give
3. insurance some loyalty discount for next two year renewal.
4. 3D matt
5. solar film
6. some car essential package inclusive nano coat.
7. welcome pack.. laptop bag.
8. some amount of overtrade 
9. 12 or more pick ups for servicing

Alex centre has a shuttle service to the Queenstown MRT

Pandan Centre has nice donuts  [:p] (do they have a pick up?)

yaya i always go there in panda center .. free flow of snack..sometime i just stay there whole day till my car ready

Bros

What grade of petrol do you use? 95 or higher? 

just use the what is recommended.. which is min 95 .. why use more ? waste money.. i never pump more than what is recommended.

Has anyone gone to JB C&C for service work?

Also, I am considering the Carplay add on - probably by Elebest, but that feedback doesn't sound encouraging..

generally, it is the turbo..

I see old s class pump 95 leh..

i also pump 95 for both my merc.. nothing wrong.. if from engineering perspective.. when say min 95  means 95 is enough.

↡ Advertisement