Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

My neighbour S class hybrid frm PI has the radar in front. 

That’s for adaptive cruise control.

AEB might not be using that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That’s for adaptive cruise control.

AEB might not be using that.

I see. Thanks for sharing. My cheap car adaptive feature depending on my leg and my head🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

I see. Thanks for sharing. My cheap car adaptive feature depending on my leg and my head🤣🤣

Nowadays even pickup truck got adaptive cruise control

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys.

Just bought a resale w213 with analog instrument cluster. Thinking of changing it to digital one and upgrading sound system. Any shop to recommend? Thanks in advance.

@Vtoe 

If u fancy the Digital ones,the MBUX ones  ,u should go for it before Buying the car.

Buying a Mercs whether New or old ,u needs to Read up ,Lots of Read up .

Dis type of Query should be Discus here.

Not after u Bought the car.

Somebody recommend Elebest ,Yup ,a good place to start ,dey deal with onli Original Mercs parts,gonna cost us an arm & a Leg.

once u hear the price,u will gave up.

think u will do the Speaker & perhaps the car cam.

Have u check yr car cam ,most new car,dey onli give u the Front.

if u run around with onli the Front,there will be lot ofHassle if somebody hit u from the back.

If u got some extra money to spend ,Do up the car ,give it a Good service,u will be surprise ppl buy car ,dey dun service one ,Assume previous owner Service it for u.

Changed all the Fluid & replace all the wear & tear parts .

The W213,will be as Good as NEW.

hello... need some help

just pass my driving test last week & have been driving my dad's car around but was thinking of getting a 1-2y mercedes c class/cla 180 (so its like 2013-2014 model) for my own personal use (fully financed by myself). Have seen some decent (32k for like 11mths). 

i know there are things like coe rebate/parf(calculated from ARF) to look out for. Also, test drive and engine check Any other things I should be aware of? Any car dealer reco? 

tbh not really interested in getting a 5-6y COE left car because after p-plate restriction im looking to buy my own new car

Wanted to rent from C&C but the cost abit gg + everyone doesn't rent to p platers 

And also, given that there is still PARF/COE for the cars that I am looking for, I am (hopefully) right to assume that at the end of the however long period as long as my car is <10year old i will be eligible for PARF which leads to the cost being lower than renting? please correct me if im wrong.

cars i've kinda seen:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1122314&DL=3546

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1126633&DL=1000

TIA everyone for your insights 

Edited by kokokrunch98

On 4/17/2022 at 1:09 PM, t0y0ta said:

Maybe there is 30-40k discount off the list price.

How come new X-Trail never come to SG?

US already selling for long time.

What sells well in 🇺🇸 may not sell well in Singapore 

@kokokrunch98  Look at the dereg value today, and extrapolate to get what is returned to you by way of PARF refund. Next see if you can stomach the depreciation. Prepare for the worst case scenario that these 9 yr old cars have not been well serviced and may die on you after purchase. And that you need to put in capital investment just to drive for the remaining few months. 

If this happens you will be caught between a cliff and deep blue sea. Scrap immediately, you lose the premium that you have paid over scrap value. Repair means forking out 4-digits even for a recon spare item like air-con compressor, gearbox or alternator.   

• Praise 2

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, serenade said:

@kokokrunch98  Look at the dereg value today, and extrapolate to get what is returned to you by way of PARF refund. Next see if you can stomach the depreciation. Prepare for the worst case scenario that these 9 yr old cars have not been well serviced and may die on you after purchase. And that you need to put in capital investment just to drive for the remaining few months. 

If this happens you will be caught between a cliff and deep blue sea. Scrap immediately, you lose the premium that you have paid over scrap value. Repair means forking out 4-digits even for a recon spare item like air-con compressor, gearbox or alternator.   

said it very well. cliff and deep blue sea! 😁

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, kokokrunch98 said:

hello... need some help

just pass my driving test last week & have been driving my dad's car around but was thinking of getting a 1-2y mercedes c class/cla 180 (so its like 2013-2014 model) for my own personal use (fully financed by myself). Have seen some decent (32k for like 11mths). 

i know there are things like coe rebate/parf(calculated from ARF) to look out for. Also, test drive and engine check Any other things I should be aware of? Any car dealer reco? 

tbh not really interested in getting a 5-6y COE left car because after p-plate restriction im looking to buy my own new car

Wanted to rent from C&C but the cost abit gg + everyone doesn't rent to p platers 

And also, given that there is still PARF/COE for the cars that I am looking for, I am (hopefully) right to assume that at the end of the however long period as long as my car is <10year old i will be eligible for PARF which leads to the cost being lower than renting? please correct me if im wrong.

cars i've kinda seen:

I owned W204 FL Kompressor 5 speed version from new in 2010-2017 when I trade it for XC60, this car was trouble free and maintenance is reasonable as long as kompressor is not kaput.

@kokokrunch98 Buying a car so near to scrap has much higher risk as opposed to one that has a few more years to run, especially when you're paying a premium over PARF. As @serenaderightly pointed out, it might not be worthwhile to spent insane amount to repair if it's left with just a couple of months.  Depends on your luck..... you might get one while can be trouble-free as well.

On top of that, if the PQP keeps going-up, not sure if it's worthwhile paying to extend.....

• Praise 1

Supercharged
15 hours ago, kokokrunch98 said:

hello... need some help

cars i've kinda seen:

P-Plate ASK?

Forget about boring ah pek merc

Buy a 9yo Civic with souped up rims and rear wing.

MTL

• Haha! 1

Hi all,

Given the high COE prices now, with a budget of $160-$170k, im considering pre-owned Merc models from Republic Auto

Im looking at A180 Sedan (1yr old) vs C160 (1.5-2 yrs). I like the A180 sedan as it has the new MBUX and design, but the C160 is the older interior although its C-class

Do you think it makes more sense to go C160 if the prices for both are the same?  Thank you all.

31 minutes ago, river88rat said:

Hi all,

Given the high COE prices now, with a budget of $160-$170k, im considering pre-owned Merc models from Republic Auto

Im looking at A180 Sedan (1yr old) vs C160 (1.5-2 yrs). I like the A180 sedan as it has the new MBUX and design, but the C160 is the older interior although its C-class

Do you think it makes more sense to go C160 if the prices for both are the same?  Thank you all.

C160 is going to be under powered.....not sure about A180. 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

C160 is going to be under powered.....not sure about A180. 

i rather the underpowered RWD with 9speed c160 than the A180 with jerky dual clutch. also NO renault engine for me! 😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, river88rat said:

Hi all,

image.png.db4f505166098c8f6f3d702ca08aca16.png

• Haha! 3

@Mkl22 thanks for sharing. makes more sense to go for an C160 then. I think A180 cheapest w COE was ard $155 to $160k. Seeing the new prices now at $219k is really crazy, for an entry level A class.

Edited by river88rat
change text
↡ Advertisement